Ring Sizing and Burning Sensation

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Tuben, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Tuben

Tuben New member

California - USA
    Local Time:
    12:05 PM
    I am brand new to chastity. I have been self imposing the honor system since the beginning of COVID. Working at home gave me too much time with myself. Plus minimizing masturbation and sex has allowed me to address a medical issue that I have had since I was teenager. An amazing bi-product of this is that I have spent all my energy focused on my wife, which seems to have turned around our marriage completely as I now depend on her for sexual release rather than an easy release by myself.

Because of the marital benefits and now that I have addressed my medical issue, I am looking to purchase my first device. I ordered a sizing kit from Mature Metal and have been trying them on for the past two weeks.

I am able to fit in the three largest sizes provided. 2 1/8inch; 2in; 1 7/8in.

1 7/8. I was able to get the smallest on after tanning for an hour on a hot day and a little coconut oil. I had to take it off after an hour mostly because of rubbing, but I could fit my smallest finger underneath without discomfort

2 in. I was able to get on multiple times after warms showers. I lasted a night with it and took it off in the morning due to burning underneath my ball sack.

2 1/8in. I can get this on easily, without any kind of lube. I can fit almost two fingers underneath. I can wear it without any discomfort except the outside of the ring rubs a little on my thighs occasionally. However, I still have burning sensation underneath when I get excited for long durations. It was burning during the day but with a little readjustment and then distracting myself I was able to make it for over 30hrs, but during the second night I was forced to take if off due to the burning sensation. (I do not remember taking it off but in the morning it was on the floor).

This is not a chafing problem, and I do not thing it is a chastity or blue ball problem since I have gone over a week with out cuming over the last few months on multiple occasions. There has been zero discoloration, trouble peeing, or any other pain.

I have seen a few threads here addressing similar situations and sizing issues. Sometimes lube is recommended, but I don't have a problem getting it on or off. Should I be using lube hourly or daily and where should I focus this? Or do I need to increase the ring size? Or is this something I just need to work through and will disappear with time?

Additionally I was going to purchase a cherry keeper which offers multiple ring sizes plus various dimensions of circles and oval rings. Is this something that is alleviated by using a wide oval?

Finally, I am happy to hear any advice or opinions on which of these sizes seems right. I will be experimenting with these three sizes more as I currently don't have any larger ring sizes and would need to order them.

Thanks in advance.

2. King Hippo

King Hippo Long term member

New Jersey
    Local Time:
    3:05 PM
    You just need to get used to the ring, it will irritate you at first. There is a good chance you can fit into a 1 3/4 or 1.75 inch ring though. Hang in there and if you want some type of hourly wear plan lemme know.

3. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    Play around with smallest ring, as it will likely give better fit. It does take time to adjust so if you try it and then next larger for similar time periods, most of day if possible, then you'll have a better idea of better fit. Good luck and enjoy.

Guest 3972 likes this.
  4. PeturKitty 58

PeturKitty 58 Long term member

Local Time:
    The sizing rings are not ment to be worn. Only to give you an basic idea of your size. Base ring size can be very difficult to lock down and can change based on the length width of the cage being used. Think about the effect of squeezing a water balloon. Alot of guys myself included followed mature metals instructions to the "T" and ended up with a paper weight that didn't fit. Then you end up sending it back for modifications that costs another $100. My best advice would be to order several cheap Chinese devices of a similar style but of different lengths. Make sure each has a different size base ring so you can test them out. Normally they come in 40/45/50 mm. Amazon sells them for about $15 each. They're really a great investment. Another vendor you might want to check out is Malechastitynow. Mark can provide you a custom or semi custom device in less than a week. Not 2 months. Check out the Amicus or the Contender models. Mark is an awesome guy to work with. Clearstatic was selling a used Amicus on here a while back. He may still have it. Best of luck.

klepzy likes this.
  5. Tuben

Tuben New member

California - USA
    Local Time:
    Thanks King Hippo, I would like to take you up on the offer. If you have any additional advice or an hourly plan I will take it.

My weekend was consumed by a cleaning project so I pushed off trying until yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately last night was really rough. I was plagued by the burning for the second half of the night. I am currently trying the 2 inch.

I kept it on all night since it sounds like this is something I am just going to have to work through. Fortunately the pain is only enough to keep me uncomfortable and remind me of the ring without causing any severe pain. But the reverse of that is that once the burning starts I have a constant reminder that keeps me focused on it. During the day I can distract myself but the night is a little harder to think of anything but my genitals.

6. Tuben

Tuben New member

California - USA
    Local Time:
    Yeah MissyB. I will definitely try the 1 7/8 inch before purchasing. I did not have the time to spend getting it on yesterday afternoon as it was a little cold out. And honestly, I was a little intimidated.

But I will get there.

7. Tuben

Tuben New member

California - USA
    Local Time:
    PeturKitty, I take your point. One issue I have is that my wife is not fully on board with the devices. She loves the effects of chastity but is skeptical about the term "Chastity" and squeamish about the device. So she has given me the go ahead to purchase, but on a limited budget.

So I am focused on researching and trying to get this right the first time. I think a pile of trial devices would add to her anxiety. And custom metal device, while ideal down the road, seems impractical this early... for me at least. I am hoping that the 3D print module devices will give the me a platform to customize and correct some initial sizing errors.

But to your point I think that one major drawback of using the rings for the trial is that there is nothing preventing me from getting and maintaining an erection. The burning is a deterrent against self inflicted erections, but with out a cage there is nothing to stop spontaneous events.

8. Tuben

Tuben New member

California - USA
    Local Time:

... so I get stuck with the burning pain and no prevention.

9. NZSenator

NZSenator Long term member

Local Time:
    7:05 AM
    The burning is something that eases a bit with wear, your body adjusts to having the cage on, saying that, I'm about 3 months into wearing a device "most of the time" and still get issues occasionally. Putting the cage on, I usually do this in the shower after I am soaped up, everything just slips through the ring and the cage I attach after I'm done (I uncage twice weekly for shaving and then also at my wifes request). If I am going to experience discomfort during the day, its usually on the day(s) I have just put the cage back on. Days where it doesn't come off at all are rarely a problem.

Overnight is biggest problem with night time erections that are beyond your control. I understand the discomfort from these can be reduced with a shorter cage (preventing the erection from forming and pulling on the ring which is what causes the pain). If you do experience it, then usually a trip to the bathroom to urinate settles it down. I use a small amount of silicon lube around the ring before I go to bed to provide a bit of long lasting lubrication and minimise skin issues. Not foolproof, but it helps.

I can completely understand your wife's comments/concerns about the cage. My wife also looked at my penis in chastity and was immediately concerned for its well being (how can that be comfortable, its all squashed looking). She is still somewhat adjusting to it, but it has become the norm. She does instruct me to remove the cage the night before she wants penis action as she doesn't like the dented look that it gets if I get aroused too much in the cage.

PeturKitty 58 likes this.
  10. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    8:05 PM
    well put.

11. Tuben

Tuben New member

California - USA
    Local Time:
    Update: In an attempt to make it 48 hours, I pushed myself to far.

Since my original post, I went 24hrs in the 2 inch ring. In one of my follow up posts I mentioned I had a rough night but the following day was fine So when it came time to shower I decided to take a long hot shower and then try the 1 7/8inch ring.

I got it on fairly easily and proceeded through the rest of the day with no problems. The night was rough again but I got more sleep. The following day was harder and was getting tightness all day regardless of excitement. After readjustments during my shower I had a good afternoon and was able to sleep most the night with out waking up. When I did wake up I could not stop the pain so I decided to get up and start my day. The pain never went away but since I was half a day away from meeting my goal I decided to push through it.

In the end I made it the 48hrs and immediately saw a centimeter of bruising around my shaft from the ring. Other than that only some pressure marks.

I did have not worn any ring since. Now 24hrs later I can see an almost complete ring of chafing marks around the shaft and balls, exactly where the ring would have been. There is no pain except for a little scabbing so I don't think I will have any long term damage. Everything is in working order.

So what have I learned???

I don't know.

While technically I made my goal and was able to keep it on, I don't know if this was a victory. I can keep it on, but i don't know if that means I can wear this size. If the rings are for measuring then the answer is yes I can fit and can easily get my entire index finger in the ring but not much more.

There are three variables that negatively affected this test. 1. it was cold so my balls gave me no leeway. 2. I can say that the rings are definitely not for long term use. While the are mostly smooth they have a little molding ring that can be sharp at points. 3. Pubic hair was right at the point in its grow back phase that increased the friction making it harder to readjust.

Love to know your thoughts. Should I try for 1/34 as King Hippo suggested, increase the size back to 2 or 2 1/8 or call it and start shopping for 1 and 7/8ths? I am going to give myself to time to heal in the mean time.

PS: PeturKitty, you were correct. I should not of used these for long term test. There is a post from 10 years ago that suggested this measuring technique. While I can't tell if the measuring technique works yet, using these rings has a drawback.

2nd PS: Thanks NZSenator for the advice. I read it and by the last day I was using lube hourly. How often do you have burning problems? If I may ask. I don't know if I can handle burning every night. It usually takes me an hour to relax and go back to sleep.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice