Mobile Browsing?

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Jens, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM
    Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Moderator

Art director, film producer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    4:16 PM
    Hello all, i was just wondering if anyone here browses our site on their mobile? If you do could you mention which device you use too, thanks!

Personally i check in on the site when im out and about all of the time on my iPhone!

2. scovic

scovic Junior Member

Local Time:
    2:16 PM
    I use the samsung jet when out & about & dont seem to have any problems

3. dollyanne

dollyanne Sissy who loves pink frilly things!

Dallas, TX
    Local Time:
    9:16 AM
    Dolly sometimes uses the iPod iTouch when she is not at the desktop and has wi-fi.

dollyanne

4. Lara

Lara Junior Member

Local Time:
    3:16 PM
    I'm using Opera Mini 4 on my Samsung SGH-F480.

5. maid katrin

maid katrin chaste sissy maid

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Hmmm, i don't like browsing anywhere when out and about. I rather enjoy the pleasant anticipation when coming home to seeing what's new in the Mansion ... yeah, i know i am hopelessly old fashioned ...

Hugs, maid katrin

6. rubberbloke2

rubberbloke2 Free at last

Accountant
    Tiverton
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I use an o2 xda

7. cbtok

cbtok Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:16 AM
    Tried it on the iPhone and, thanks to the good browser, it's not too bad.

8. filmriss

filmriss Junior Member

Local Time:
    g1 (google) - slow, but amazing
    still looking into buying the droid (sony-ericsson) ;)

9. cbtok

cbtok Senior Member

Local Time:
    Holy smokes! i just bought TapTalk for the iPhone. It is highly recommended. If they make a version for Android, is is worth a good look. Reading is outstanding as i don't have to constantly resize things in my browser. I can send photos. I can reply very easily.

Great app. i'm using it now.

10. happycats

happycats Junior Member

Local Time:
    9:16 AM
    I just looked for TapTalk on the appstore and I couldn't find it. Is there another name?

11. Missy Tanya

Missy Tanya Senior Member

Pacific Northwest
    Local Time:
    7:16 AM
    I tried mobile browsing once!! but the power cord unplugged from the wall outlet when I got to the end of the driveway. Besides, the moniter and PC was too much for my purse. Broke a strap and twisted off a heel. So Im just going to keep feeding the gerbil and having him keep spinning the wheel to power it up at home.

Besides, as Susie Q and I have talked before, we don't even text. If you got something to say, call me!!

Missy Tanya

12. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    12:16 AM
    Another iPhone user.

I browse extensively from the phone, and I do make posts, but because I like to be a bit wordy, and it takes ages to type with two fingers, I tend to leave my posting for the laptop when I get home.

The site browses well in my opinion, but if you make a webkit implementation of the site, well I don't even know what I would do;
    - Can't marry you (already married)
    - Can't give you my keys (maybe when I'm in a device Mistress could send you the spare?)
    - Can't bend over backwards (no really.. I can't!)

PS. I nearly always hold the phone in landscape to browse the forums, then switch to portrait to read threads.

13. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM

Denmark
    Local Time:
    It's there as tapatalk, it comes in a free or paid version. The free version does not allow you to post at all though. Also to find us using this app you have to click in their search function and type us in. I thought it was better that way to stop offensive people signing up

14. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM

Denmark
    Local Time:
    Ahh burger, try going to the app store and getting tapatalk lite, once installed use search and find us. It's just something i'm trying out for the site at the moment

15. cbtok

cbtok Senior Member

Local Time:
    Apologies, it's Tapatalk. The application is $2.99, which is on the high side but it works well. Portrait mode only, no text attributes, like attaching a hyperlink, bold or italics and no emoticons (which tend to be used lots here) but it's very stable and keeps track of unread posts very well.

16. Lock Up Male

Lock Up Male Permanently Collared

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Opera Mini 5b2 on both of my INq Chat 3G's (Retail and Dev), Works well, is free, and if you have a new nokia you can use Opera Mobile which can embed it self more into the phone and become the phones default browser.

The INq's build in browser is based on Opera Mini 4, and is OK, just I find running the native Operna Mini App Gives a faster page load and a smaller download size per page (When you install the app, it asks you to enter some random data in the form of random button presses, this ID's your handset on the Opera's servers. When you request a page, Operas servers fetch the page, compress the page and the images then send that compressed version to your handset, Meaning faster page loads and less data being downloaded hense cheaper browsing or your data plan going futher)

Opera are also Dev'ing opera mini for the iphone/ipod touch so should add a little kick to those 3G/Wifi connections.

On my iPod I use mobile safari was we have no choice, even the other browsers just run on top of apples version of webkit.

Anyways. I have no trouble accessing the site on any of my mobile devices.

17. knoxtennman

knoxtennman Junior Member

Berlin, Maryland
    Local Time:
    I just tried it out on my brand new Zune HD. I had to zoom in and scroll around to read posts, but there was no problem with basic functionality. I didn't try to log in; just made my way to this topic and made sure I could read everything.

18. caladia

caladia Sparkly

Local Time:
    i have opera mobile and skyfire on a sonyericsson x1. im going to set it to dual boot to try android out because i like the look of it :)

19. dbows1966

dbows1966 Junior Member

Local Time:
    dbows1966

have skyfire on nokia n97 faster and better than the built in browser

20. cbtok

cbtok Senior Member

Local Time:
    Tapatalk on iPhone has bugs. Someone wrote a rather lengthy post in one of the forums. It was a story. Tapatalk gave me a "More" link to just show that post. When i clicked "More" after the first paragraph, things got garbled, as if only the first five or six words out of a paragraph were being displayed. Go down one line and there was no connection to the previous sentence or thought.

The article is readable on-line. It's also readable in Safari on the iPhone.

Others are mentioning browsers on other smartphones. And Safari is very useful on the iPhone. But you're constantly enlarging text on a smartphone's screen in order to read it and navigating around in a small window to the whole page.

Tapatalk makes the Forum usable again with a native, intuitive interface. If i had an Android phone, I would be looking for something similar.

I do hope they fix the bugs and extend its usefulness.

21. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    12:16 AM
    re tapatalk

I actually like using safari. I have no problem with having to pinch to zoom, or navigate around the site.. hell only 18 months ago I didn't even have internet on my phone at all!

Besides, part of what I like about the forum is the layout.. to loose all the things that make this place, this place; and to turn it into a bunch of vbulletin text would disembody the posts so much. I don't think I'd enjoy it at all.

22. sissy janice

sissy janice D/S and kids - possible?

Local Time:
    5:16 PM
    well, i occasionally do use nokia e72 for checking the latest posts. used also e71 and e61i. both native browsers and opera mini work ok. not great, but ok. and this is due to the small screen, not anything else. you CAN NOT have the desktop experience in the mobile device.

23. caladia

caladia Sparkly

Local Time:
    oh i dont know, 800*480 and working flash makes it almost there :)

24. cbtok

cbtok Senior Member

Local Time:
    Perhaps my eyes are going and i shouldn't drive any more and be relegated to audiobooks and screen readers (and, perhaps if Elise Sutton Herself read her own book, that might be rather ... interesting!).

But an iMac can multitask just fine, thank you. Especially the new Quad-Core version. iPhones can multitask if one "Jailbreaks" them but, the two worms in the wild found for the iPhone would seem to indicate that there are increased vulnerabilities in doing so. Apple set them to single-task for the purpose of preventing a runaway malware application from infecting all applications on your telephone.

And Adobe has been lazy with Flash. They never really developed a fully-featured mobile Flash system -- instead the one they have is a subset of an older version of Flash that doesn't work very well. Thus, if one runs "real" flash on a mobile device, it will tend to consume system resources in the form of memory, processor time and battery life at a very high (and to many unacceptable) rate. Try the following: Rip a DVD and make it H.264 and place it on your laptop. Now, make a flash movie of the same DVD. Watch in horror as your battery life disappears halfway through the movie under Flash, while the whole movie plays using H.264.

Now, decrease the battery life to that of a cell phone.

I actually did this experiment on a MacBook Pro (not the latest one but the one with the 4-hour battery). While it was running Apple's OS X (which is better for battery life than XP or Vista), it had plenty of juice after playing the movie as H.264. It did quit halfway through the Flash version of the same movie with the same resolution. The reason why i did this test is because i did not believe Jobs' claim that Adobe's Flash is too power-hungry. i did find to my shock that Jobs is absolutely correct.

25. imkink4u

imkink4u Member

Local Time:
    Me 2 Katrin

Although I have a smart phone that will do it. A Moto Q9 I seldom browse the web on that little screen. I use it mainly for e-mail and weather updates.
    And BTW, my opinion, don't ever get one of these Windows based mobile devices. Total garbage.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice