How heavy is your steel device?

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by borbulls1961, Aug 7, 2020.

?

How heavy is your steel device including ring?

1. More than 300g

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. 200 to 300g

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. 100 to 200g

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. Less than 100g

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. borbulls1961

borbulls1961 Madame Vanilla's property

Almost retired business owner
    France
    Local Time:
    8:56 AM
    Hi all,

I'm at last comfortable with a chinese A285 supposedly in 316L steel. But it weighs almost 310 grams = 11 ounces = 3/4 of a pound!! with the 50mm base ring. And lying in bed without briefs gets uncomfortable as the steel lolls to one side and pulls on my Junk... haven't yet got ball ache but am a little worried. But my nocturnal erections are comfortable as compared with other devices eg. A 272 which is too short for me.

Is this too heavy for safety? What's the weight of your steel devices? Do you wear briefs in bed to support your Junk?

2. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    2:56 AM
    Mine are all metal, but none feel exceedingly heavy. The weight is just part of the secure feeling.

borbulls1961 likes this.
  3. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    I don’t know if there’s a weight limit for safety. In my self-CBT days I hung many pounds (or kilograms) off my balls. It’s more about The cage not dragging down and exposing too much of the shaft root, and your comfort. Getting hard behind the basering can cause discomfort and chafing. I had a spot on my skin form once on top from a similar situation and had to take the cage off. Another time moisture got trapped along the underside and I got a rash.

Your health and comfort is paramount. If you can stay clean and comfy there’s no reason to unlock ;) The ache should be in your balls. The pain should be mental. Embrace that.

My 316L stainless chastity from MaleChastityNow is very light.

My Contender is a mere 95 grams, with the optional Prince Albert (PA) pin. It feels well very balanced and never drags down. My attempted erections press out and push on my trapped balls. Eventually you get to like that feeling, since it’s associated with arousal.

My GlansArmor2 is a mere 46 grams. It lets me hang nicely. The weight feels good, not ever challenging. It’s only when I get aroused that it’s extra frustrating. It’s lighter than some weighted PA rings I’ve worn. It’s very safe and snug.

I sleep naked and go commando as much as possible. I went to the beach for the last two years in unlined board shorts while caged, as I was feeling daring.

Only recently have I found joy in pouchy thongs that cup and present my steel package. ;)

I could never get used to heavy steel myself.

My Contender was the first cage I could sleep in. And hence my first 24x7 lockup. I’ve only started logging my time a few years ago, but I’ve got over 15,000 hours of wear time in MaleChastityNow devices now. Someday I need to sell off my other cages!

Your A285 is a steel version of the HolyTrainer cage. I can imagine it would be very heavy.

For mass market cages, I’d pick an open design made from round stock. No pinch points. No hinges. Flat squarish bars, even if curved dug into my skin. Air holes caught bulging skin. But I’m a bit of a princess and the pea. ;) I used to be into CBT, but for chastity making it your new home that you love to be in is the best way to stay in.

4. Disciplined Boyfriend

NE Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    7:56 AM
    Don't know, would doubt if it were 300g. Next time its off I'll weight it - might be a long weight. I have no problems in bed - i generally lie almost in the recovery position and the cage is pressed into the mattress to the side of my body. Like @Peter Rabbit my cage is complete welded and finished bar and round stock and very comfortable, so no overnight issues.

Maybe you should try some elastic or wire to keep it close to the body for night time

Peter Rabbit and borbulls1961 like this.
  5. kurisuslave

kurisuslave New member

Local Time:
    I wear a Terrence chastity, it has 2 separate locks. One for top of cage and the other for main part of cage.it is 7.2 ounces.

6. Peaches

Peaches "kinky guy"

Business owner
    South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I second this post.

7. PeturKitty 58

PeturKitty 58 Long term member

Local Time:
    Contender with custom base ring. 5 oz including Abus lock. 20200214_160008.jpg

8. Shelbylynn's

Shelbylynn's Member

Local Time:
    12:56 AM
    My stainless steel orion is around 3/4 pound. I know it's there. Like the base ring alot so far seems to stay pretty snug against me even sweaty and in shower. Happy it is working so well also scared, not looking forward to real long lock ups time will tell

9. legphlover

legphlover Pantyhose lover

Poland, Warsaw
    Local Time:
    8:56 AM
    My A275 is currently reduced to 110g by grinding useless steel. I think it would be possible to go down below 100g.

I find no benefit in putting additional weight my device, so for me the lighter it is - the better. There is no need to wear any supporting underwear for me and there is no feeling of pulling down. Along with reducing weight, gap between ring and cage was optimised and inner ring diameter increased.

10. PeturKitty 58

PeturKitty 58 Long term member

Local Time:
    I agree lighter and shorter works best.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice