Cage length. Longer vs shorter

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by MrFlashKat, Aug 6, 2020.

1. MrFlashKat

MrFlashKat Active member

Local Time:
    1:26 PM
    I'm currently in a Lori 2a. So, a custom rig.

Before this I had tried a bunch of metal, silicone and plastic devices.

I've had the current device exclusively for a few years and only used an imitation holy trainer very occasionally in that time.

The device fits pretty well...but occasionally, especially I'm very relaxed it hangs down a bit. I don't think that I could accommodate a smaller ring size (currently 44mm) but I'm wondering how it would be to get another custom cage (not a Lori) but with a shorter overall length and a slightly smaller tube diameter (which I can accommodate as there is definitely a millimetre or two I excess in the current cage there.

BUT - has anyone got any experience of going with a shorter cage?

Predominantly I'm trying to eliminate burning scrotum feeling with night time erections as it pulls the bashing up.

MadameJs_boo likes this.
  2. MissyB

MissyB Long term member

maid, (I wish)
    Tennessee hills
    Local Time:
    9:26 AM
    I've had medium, small, and very small cages. Smaller works better for me, more comfortable. But key issues are ring size and style (oval shape fits me better) and gap between cage and ring. Those features seem more important for me than cage length. Good luck with your search.

3. Anonoman

Anonoman Long term member

Local Time:
    I’ve got a small diameter cage which is only just longer than my flaccid length. I’ve made it my self and made many, many size changes. I think it’s now just about optimal :+1:
    But the burning scrotum always happens... my technique for dealing with it is first emptying my bladder completely before bed (I’m sure my wife thinks I’m diabetic!). The when/if it’s hurting as it’s being stretched, I gentle pull a little more skin though from my sack. This takes the tension off. If this doesn’t fix it and/or it’s really bad, I go to the loo and then all is good :+1:
    I do this most mornings around 5am and try not to wake my wife or children!

Skiddish3, Peter Rabbit and amvetsb like this.
  4. MrFlashKat

MrFlashKat Active member

Local Time:
    I do exactly these things too. But I'm over the terrible night sleep I get when wearing the cage. I get strong erections (and therefore the associated pain) several times a night. Getting up to empty my bladder can/does help...but still....!!
    Currently I am allowed to unlock just before sleep and relic first thing in the morning. I'm sleeping SO MUCH BETTER!!

Anonoman likes this.
  5. Anonoman

Local Time:
    I’m four weeks continuous in now and it just feels like the ‘new normal’ :rolleyes::eek:

90731 and MrFlashKat like this.
  6. MrFlashKat

MrFlashKat Active member

Local Time:
    How do you sleep in it @Anonoman ?

7. Neo in Neo

Neo in Neo Active member

Local Time:
    I have a problem, i have a buying and trying cage addiction. I will acknowledge I have no where near the experience of a lot of the denied men in here. From my experience, the shorter the better. That is keeping it within reason of course, I know the general rule is flaccid minus 1/2” I could argue that it should be on a ratio like scale, something like a third, i.e. 2” flaccid remove .66” etc.

More important than length is diameter, be careful here, aggressively forced folds of skin are not your friend. From experience, tight does not equal better.

The base ring has been well covered, to me the unmentioned villain of chastity cage comfort is the gap. Getting the gap right changes everything, and gap tightness is linked to experience. The more comfortable your body gets with its new home, the more you can tighten that gap. I would suggest a lot of comfort issues evaporate really quickly with a simple 1/8” added to the gap.

That is my uneducated opinion, which is worth what you paid for it.

8. amvetsb

amvetsb Long term member

Network Infrastructure Engineer
    USA - Mid-Atlantic
    Local Time:
    You may want to try wearing snug undies. There are plenty of options out there, but something that holds the cage up and back against your body. This has helped me and many others. It reduces the 'dangle' effect and if your willy has no where to 'stretch out' to, it should help minimize several of your issues.
    The pulling scrotum skin through the ring helps a lot. too much lube on that area allows it to go back out. You'll have to find a good balance for how much and where you apply it....

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  9. Lazlo Toth

Lazlo Toth C/D on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale: 9/9

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    6:26 AM
    @amvetsb I think gives the best advice. Wrap your entire package in tight underwear. (Two or three pairs even!) You can't make your base ring tight enough. You can't make a cage small enough. If you try to get hard, it's gonna hurt. So the less ability your body has to force things forward, the better.

Two other points:

1. I think no matter what, you will find some discomfort sleeping. It's something you manage, not entirely eliminate.

2. I believe the key to reducing erection attempts at night are CONSISTENT night wearing of your device. If I go a few nights "free", the first night I am locked back up is brutal......I sort of fear it. But by the third night, my body seems to give up trying to get hard at night.

Lastly, I think it's perfectly OK to sleep cageless. We are all different. And I personally value the "24/7/365" locking scheme far less than some other folks.

So IF the goal is long-term consistent wear....practice, practice, practice.

Laz

10. amvetsb

amvetsb Long term member

USA - Mid-Atlantic
    Local Time:
    Thats a great point! Any time you spend more than a few moments out of your cage on a regular basis for more than even a couple of hours, the body tends to 'reset' mostly dealing with chastity. Mentally, we can remain chaste even if not caged, but 'getting back into it' physically can be a chore. The break-in period starts all over again.. Some holders get a kick out of having a lockee 'go through this' break-in period frequently to keep their interests in their chastity 'fresh'. We do get used to being locked.. BUT, in your case, this is something you are trying to work past, not re-live, at least for now!

11. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    Shorter is definitely more comfortable at night.
    If there isn't the room for an erection to start, then it won't start, or at least, once you're body gets used to it, very much less often. Also as has been said, it's very much "getting used to it", if you have nights without the cage, you won't adjust to it as readily.
    I rarely get night time / early morning erections now, if I do, the solution is quick and simple: go and have a pee.

12. amvetsb

amvetsb Long term member

USA - Mid-Atlantic
    Local Time:
    Agree... I think this was the point I was trying to make?

bondinchas, MrFlashKat and Lazlo Toth like this.
  13. MrFlashKat

MrFlashKat Active member

Local Time:
    I get it. My daytime locked period (typically from 9am to 11pm is getting easier...and although for the first week I stayed mostly locked at night too...I was really struggling during the day from lack of sleep and low quality sleep...so we elected for the nighttime unlock.

I would of course like to be locked 24/7 but for now we are both prioritising my sleep, and therefore overall health, over this. My current cage, although custom does allow me to get pretty hard so I have been wondering whether a smaller/shorter cage would be better.

borbulls1961 and Lazlo Toth like this.
  14. ChasteCel

ChasteCel 7/6 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    Try adjusting the "gap" between the ring and the cage.

In terms of cage length, rule of thumb is to match your flaccid length, which it sounds like you're more or less at.

But when I was getting a ton of ball burn, I got my custom cage's gap expanded from the standard 10mm to 15, and the ball burn almost totally went away.

I recommend trying that before buying a whole new custom cage.

Guest 3972 likes this.
  15. NZSenator

NZSenator Long term member

Local Time:
    2:26 AM
    I'm in my 3rd month now of wearing a cage most of the time, with 1 night out each week for sport with shaving the next morning. In the early days/weeks, I was up 3-5 times with cage discomfort and peeing frequently to relieve the pressure of the ring. In the last week or 2, this has settled down quite a bit and I'm now 1-2 times.

For restful nights, you can try -

Not drinking liquid after an hour or 2 before you normally go to bed.
    Rubbing moisturiser / lubricant around the base ring immediately before bed.

If you do waken, you have to decide if you actually need to pee, or if its a nocturnal erection thats causing the discomfort. If the latter, I find running my finger around the base ring and as mentioned above, pulling some more skin through helps.

I'm possibly a bit lucky in that I can pretty much go straight back to sleep when everything is sorted. If I wake my wife however, different story, so I try to be careful about minimising trips to the bathroom as not to incur the wrath of a sleep deprived wife

Guest 3972 likes this.
  16. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I think we may have missed answering the OP's question: For me a smaller/shorter cage IS more comfortable at night.

I'd still focus on other things, too. But, to a point, shorter is better. I certainly would not recommend a cage bigger than your flaccid penis.

17. MrFlashKat

MrFlashKat Active member

Local Time:
    All your thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

I have been wondering though, whether actually the position of the tube part of the cage isn't just important. What I mean is.. Does it point down or rather ahead.
    My Lori points rather ahead but my plastic HT3 copy points very much down. It's much harder to get properly hard in that.

amvetsb likes this.
  18. PeturKitty 58

PeturKitty 58 Long term member

Local Time:
    Shorter is much better as long as it doesn't restrict urine flow. Go 1/2 inch shorter than your smallest flacid length. The base ring size is the first thing to lock down. Only getting one finger under it is a good start. Be careful with color change. Proper gap will reduce ball burn. Start with a 3/8th gap and go up if you need to. Give your scrotum a chance to stretch and adapt to the device. At least a couple weeks. Try and keep it on as much as possible during the break in period. Use a quality lotion around the base ring a couple times during the day and before bed. Best of luck.

MrFlashKat likes this.
  19. Tessasissy

Tessasissy Active member

Local Time:
    I have ordered a Lori 16# with retainer ring for many of the reasons mentioned. I hope the design will reduce /minimise the under scrotum burn as there is no gap between the ring and the cage.

And the very downward angle, will help suppression of nighttime errections.
    I have ordered the lenght 1/4 inch less than my smallest measured flacid size.

https://fetlife.com/users/9644045/pictures/79039622

I will let you know how it goes once it arrives

MrFlashKat likes this.
  20. Lisa43

Lisa43 Long term member

Retired
    USA,Maryland
    Local Time:
    8:26 AM
    For me the Nub works best, there is no room for the bit to move around, with a waist belt, it is comfortable and I can not escape from the device. If mistress secures my hands away from the device and installs TENS pad, I am kept on edge as long as she desires. It is impossible to stop squirming as the TENS pulsates.

21. Anonoman

Local Time:
    Fine - I forget it there for 98% if the time! It’s only around 5am that I ever have discomfort.
    That can be managed by bladder/skin repositioning :+1:

MrFlashKat likes this.
  22. MrFlashKat

MrFlashKat Active member

Local Time:
    Extremely short doesn't work, I tried with a cheap Chinese thing. It was just plain uncomfortable as it pushed the length of my cock inside as much as it could.

The more I think about it and take on the wisdom that's been kindly shared in this thread the more I think a slightly smaller (say, flaccid length minus a bit or a percentage) plus a downward pointing cage...I believe will give most benefit here.
    Plus if course correct ring and gap size.

Tessasissy likes this.
  23. lokdnsteel

lokdnsteel Long term member

Supervisor
    FLORIDA, USA
    Local Time:
    5:26 AM
    D6CE0238-AEBA-45BF-88AD-7D82A321C54B.jpeg 1220C3ED-2DA7-4FBE-BC7A-A205C9C36D6C.jpeg I have a custom Lori 2A with retainer ring. After trying at least a dozen beginner devices over several years, we finally decided to go custom fit for chastity to work for us.
    Shorter or longer? Shorter!
    For a snug fit, 1/2 inch shorter than flaccid is best for me. This allows for no growth and more overall comfort especially at night sleeping. Also keeps the penis tip gently pressed to the front of the cage and urethra lined up with the pee hole on the cage. There’s no penis movement inside the cage with the slightly shorter length plus retainer ring.
    Agree with what’s been discussed regarding gap and diameter sizing as well as the testie ring.
    A properly fitted custom device should fit snug like a glove in my opinion...my two cents :)

Lazlo Toth likes this.
  24. Lazlo Toth

Contractor
    Upstate South Carolina
    Local Time:
    I love responses like this. Honest. Appealing from their own perspective. And NOT projecting one word of it to others.

Thank you! I happen to agree, but I'd still appreciate your response if I didn't. Can Lucy give extra points to you for such a reply?

Laz

allfullup, MrFlashKat and lokdnsteel like this.
  25. MrFlashKat

MrFlashKat Active member

Local Time:
    There have been so many helpful, insightful and informative responses to this thread. Thank you to anyone who contributed. It's given me a lot to think about and also helped me get clearer about the way ahead.

I'm definitely going to get my Lori2a shortened by 0.75 of an inch. I've emailed Md Lori and she can arrange that easily....but the cage will need to be with her for about 6 weeks...so that leaves the dilemma of what to wear during that period.....

I am also considering the additional purchase of a Steelworxx titanium looker1. The only thing (apart from the cost) that I am still pondering in relation to this purchase it this. I'm pretty sure that when the shaft part of a cage points more down than ahead - then this definitely helps prevent erections - and the Looker1 seems to point more ahead than down.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Husband and lori tube chastity and stories www.chastitymansion.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice