Pros and cons to belt vs cage

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by MichaelShadow, Jul 26, 2020.

1. MichaelShadow

MichaelShadow Surrendered to Her pleasure for Her pleasure.

Local Time:
    10:27 AM
    I am wondering what advantages (and disadvantages) of being restrained in a full chastity belt are versus a full cage. I can see the issue of support of one's package entering into the conversation from the male submissive perspective and the ability to accommodate other attachments (plugs, tails, vibes,etc.) to the rear strap for Mistress' entertainment, but what other things are there to consider?

MadameJs_boo likes this.
  2. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    12:27 PM
    Good Full belts are very expensive and Currently I’m not aware of any decent manufacturers in the USA. There are a few in Europe but they’re very expensive.

Personally, I’d avoid the cheap Chinese ones. I had a poorly made one by a vendor who is now out of business and it was a nightmare. And I suspect they were better than the cheap belts.

As for cages there are some good inexpensive ones and there are excellent mid price ones such as Mature Metal,

3. trenck

trenck Active member

Local Time:
    6:27 PM
    Full belts give you more of a bondage feeling, they are usually more secure, and they make a lower profile (no bulge). They also don't strangle your testicles and make erections (morning wood) less painful. On the other hand, they hamper abdominal breathing and to some degree digestion too, and they irritate or chafe your skin beneath the waist band and in the crotch. Defecations takes more time because you have to at least pull aside the cable. And, of course, you can't walk around shirtless while other people who you don't want to share your secret with are around.

Full belts are more expensive on average, but my current favorite full belt cost ony 220 € while my most expensive cage cost more than 300 €. The latter is a German product for which you can get service and spare parts, as opposed to the Chinese 220 € full belt, which you need to maintain on your own. I prefer the Chinese product anyway because it fulfills my requirements (wearability, security etc.) while the German product doesn't.

4. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    5:27 PM
    I wouldn’t consider a full belt unless you have an athletic build. A $30 bidet sprayer from Amazon makes keeping clean easy and night time erections become a non issue. If it’s going to be a long term use thing, I’d spend the money on a good custom unit. I’d suggest buying a cheap Chinese unit from Amazon first though so you really understand what you want from a custom belt.

Enchained and MissyB like this.
  5. Weber

Weber New member

Local Time:
    12:27 PM
    #5 Weber, May 2, 2021
    Last edited: May 2, 2021
    You are so right Jessica about a full belt not for us with a pot belly. I bought a full belt and had to loosen it to where it doesn't cramp my gut. I suppose I can wiggle out of the belt but it is much easier to beg my keyholder to unlock me! We are in the break in period so she is quite lenient on me. Reference belt vs cage: The belt has a either a rear strap or band which interferes with deficating. However some belts have butt chains ( like the one I am wearing) which does not interfere with the anus. the butt chains are not even noticeable when sitting. The weird part is peeing through a tube then you have to wipe to get the last drips dry. Also the belt does not stress the scrotum- an unavoidable feature of the cage! For my next belt I am looking at minimalist design - one with no scrotum shield.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice