testers needed for plastic reusable lock

Discussion in 'CB Range' started by azsub1, Feb 10, 2010.

1. azsub1

azsub1 Junior Member

Local Time:
    1:26 PM
    Hello All,
    I'm the manufacturer/designer of a plastic lock for the cbxxxx series of chastity devices, although i am in no way affiliated with the makers of the cbxxxx range.
    The lock is airport safe, does not rattle, is reusable, uniquely keyed, tamper proof and has a very low profile(installed it's a 7/16 cylinder that's about 1/2 inch tall.), so it's more discreet than a padlock. It fits both the round pins of the cb3000/2000 and the oblong pins of the cb6000.
    I think it's a better solution than a padlock or single use plastic lock, but i could use the opinions of others and would like to get the word out. To that end i would like to offer a free lock to a handful of people, all i ask is that they post an unbiased review of it on these forums(or any others, for that matter).
    Just send me a p.m. that you're interested. I'll reply to the top 3 or 4 and provide my address. Then all you need to do is send me a S.A.S.E. (A regular envelope, addressed to you with a first class stamp), which i'll use to send you the lock.
    At this time these are distributed through lockeduplove.net and you can view pictures of the lock there.

Sorry folks, but i cannot make heads or tails of the mail system for this forum. I've already lost the first couple mails i've viewed.
    seems like after i open them, if i don't reply immediatley, they're gone.
    contact me direct at baltuslock@yahoo.com
    And to the ones that have already disappeared, if i recognise the name, i'll bump you to the top.

2. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:26 PM
    Direct Link for anyone lazy like me!

I would love to have had a go with this, it looks great in principle.

As usual, I'm the wrong side of the pond!

3. azsub1

azsub1 Junior Member

Local Time:
    Sorry folks, but i cannot make heads or tails of the mail system for this forum. I've already lost the first couple mails i've viewed.
    seems like after i open them, if i don't reply immediatley, they're gone.
    contact me direct at baltuslock@yahoo.com
    And to the ones that have already disappeared, if i recognise the name, i'll bump you to the top.

4. azsub1

azsub1 Junior Member

Local Time:
    Mistress Watchful,
    I am activley seeking a U.K. distributor for these. Any suggestions?

5. MorBidWon

MorBidWon Junior Member

Local Time:
    2:26 PM
    I've actually been using this lock for a few weeks now. So far I like it a lot. I did find I had to go the next longer center rod in order for it to work though.

It's fairly easy to get on, but takes some work getting the little plastic key back in there. I realize though, most people are not in my situation, so they wouldn't have to worry about that. Which brings me to my question, of can the "key" be made to fit a standard hex head wrench, in case we loose it?

All in all, I would recommend this product. It's small and doesn't rattle around. I wear my CB through air ports all the time and feel a lot better with this little lock on.

JB

6. azsub1

azsub1 Junior Member

Local Time:
    Glad you like it!
    Now, making it a standard hex key would kind of defeat the purpose, don't you think?
    As it is, i change the contour on the key and lock pin regularly, so only the key that comes with it works.

7. collegeslave

collegeslave Junior Member

Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    9:26 AM
    I'd love to try one of these locks...it definitely would make me less aprehensive about going through any metal detectors

8. collegeslave

collegeslave Junior Member

Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    I'd love to try one of these locks...it definitely would make me less aprehensive about going through any metal detectors

9. davidphd1866

davidphd1866 Member

Local Time:
    6:26 AM
    Review of new lock design

AZ has sent me the newly designed lock. As promised, a couple of comments:

* Since I was able to test ONE unit, I can't be certain what is meant by "uniquely keyed". This will matter to those who are tempted to simply destroy the lock and replace it with another one.

* As advertised, this lock is a great compromise between a metal padlock and a numbered seal. If you enjoy the aspect of your keyholder physically holding a "key", then this lock is a certain improvement over the numbered seal.

* The lock is low profile (less bulky) and makes no noise. A big plus for CB6kS wearers who dislike the inability of the standard padlock to rest on the tube flatly.

* If your goal is simply to identify "tampering" with your device, the numbered seal is still the best way to go.

* I highly recommend that you try one of these locks if you are unsatisfied with the metal padlocks and numbered seals. It won't be for everyone, but a fairly inexpensive item to experiment with.

David

10. azsub1

azsub1 Junior Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the review.
    To clarify, when i say "uniquely keyed" i mean that i change the dimensions of the mating contours on a regular basis.
    So if you're going to simply replace the lock, you'll need to replace the key also, because the new one may fit noticably looser, may spin free, or may not fit at all.

11. davidphd1866

davidphd1866 Member

Local Time:
    6:26 AM
    Thanks AZ for clarification

Should you replace the key style so it is unique--at least in terms of two or three to be used on a rotating basis, this lock will be a great addition to the security arsenal.

I urge others to take a look at this alternative, it has some great qualities.

David

12. cphchast

cphchast Quiet member

Graphics Designer
    Denmark - Copenhagen
    Local Time:
    3:26 PM
    I just got these allso...

I very much love the idea

BUT...

It's useless for security...!

Sorry to state a negative feedback - But the truth is that it's a fantastic idea - Just poorly executed.

The problem is that you can just fit something in there to spin the pin around and get out - And easy put back in.

As it is allso possible to pick a standard padlock - I'm leaning towards going for the numbered tags.

That's the only way your keyholder will have a proof that you have not been free - Drawback is that you can get out if you wan't to.

Anybody know of a secure locking system?

13. azsub1

azsub1 Junior Member

Local Time:
    So you've done this? that is clamp the screw tightly, remove the pin with something other than the key, and afterwards it went right back together and the key fit without any problems?
    I find that hard to believe but i'll take your word for it.
    Although this is a moot point really since you probably have the original version of this lock, which work just fine as long as you tighten the screw properly.
    The latest revision, like the ones i sent recently, have a security post on the pin and a corresponding hole in the key and you're not getting the pin out undamaged without the key.

14. neobelted

neobelted Junior Member

Local Time:
    Just received this lock. Great idea. It solves the rattle issue. On the cb6000s a padlock sits very high. This lock is very low profile and much easier to conceal. I agree that you could probably force some tool into the end of the set screw and get out, but you would destroy the lock in the process. Sure it would be more secure made out of metal but we are talking about a plastic chastity device anyway.
    The only slight negatives are :
    1) Since the pin on the cb6000 series does not rotate the square end of the key is against the base plate of the tube and a little difficult to turn. If the shank of the key was a little longer this problem would be solved. This is not an issue with the other cbx000 since the pin rotates.
    2) On the cb6000 I use the shortest pin and spacer. To get the lock to line up with the hole in the pin I had to use one size longer pin with the shortest spacer. No problem unless you are using the longest pin.

I have been searching for a low profile, quiet, rustproof lock for a long time. This fills that need perfectly for me. I highly recommend this product.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice