My best lesson on racism

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by L-u-c-y, Jun 12, 2020.

1. FemdomLuvr

FemdomLuvr Member

Local Time:
    6:12 AM
    #51 FemdomLuvr, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Never said I don't like it. I love femdom probably more than you do. I'm just not ok with it being used as a tool of potential future ACTUAL oppression like you have stated it will be multiple times here on the site. How are we supposed to know its "just a fantasy" if all you state is "Men will be barred from political office because they are way too violent"? I mean, that sounds like youre being pretty serious.

You haven't even said that you don't advocate for that either, which is kinda telling...

2. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    12:12 PM
    They would have to be convinced it was good for them first, convinced enough for them to vote it into power.

winstonmacgregor likes this.
  3. FemdomLuvr

FemdomLuvr Member

Local Time:
    I
    I am deeply confused here.

First, you start off by saying "Did you know this was a fetish site?" And now you're talking like youre actually in support of something that totalitarian only if they could see it might be good for them.

So which is it? Do you advocate for oppressing men under a political female-supremacist ideology or is it just a fantasy to you?

4. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    lol. You'll just have to remain confused.

Miffy and Chaste J. like this.
  5. FemdomLuvr

FemdomLuvr Member

Local Time:
    #55 FemdomLuvr, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020

6. FemdomLuvr

FemdomLuvr Member

Local Time:
    I was specifically referring to Lucy's previous post where she advocated for removing men's voting and office-holding rights. Not just women being in government in general.

Of course those are two different things.

7. FemdomLuvr

FemdomLuvr Member

Local Time:
    Looks like you answered my question. It only took a minimum of 5 asks. Thanks

8. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    No problem. I know I can count on your vote : )

winstonmacgregor likes this.
  9. FemdomLuvr

FemdomLuvr Member

Local Time:
    Vote on.... what exactly? All I see you running is a fetish website.

And you already admitted that you only want to oppress men who want to be oppressed. Not much to add here...

10. Rodeo cowboy

Rodeo cowboy Long term member

Stuff
    Texas
    Local Time:
    Miss Lucy,

May I politely suggest that you remain a benevolent dictator.

11. winstonmacgregor

winstonmacgregor Long term member

Local Time:
    7:12 AM
    The bitch from the United States votes in favor of the measure. Aye *raises hand up in the air*

12. GoddessLslave

GoddessLslave Active member

England
    Local Time:
    I see some people cant separate fantasy from reality lol

All of this just from a simple post about trying to educate people about racism... smh

13. sandman9355

sandman9355 Junior Member

Local Time:
    1:12 PM
    Some people are kind of sensitive about these topics, so they try to make sure who's being serious about what and what's just roleplay. Other people are trolls, or indoctrinated, or have some bones to pick...

We live in times where some groups have pushed so hard they've managed to make some dictionaries change their definition of racism so it would conform to the ideologies those groups push. The real-world clashes around the topic cost many lives and that price is certain to keep rising. No wonder people feel passionate about it all and no surprise how often they get irrational.

remyruff likes this.
  14. BunnyAthalus

BunnyAthalus Long term member

Local Time:
    9:12 PM
    What do you think should be done about it.

Everything you post is random generalizations lmao

15. sandman9355

Local Time:
    Done about what exactly?

16. BunnyAthalus

Local Time:
    Lay out the vision for what policy visions you'd like to see implemented to solve racism

17. sandman9355

Local Time:
    Okay, let's try a short list first:
    - actual equality under the law, i.e. race-blind laws, courts and police, e.g. no affirmative action
    - punish actual racism according to existing laws, regardless of the color of offender's skin or their media status
    - punish false accusations of racism, regardless of the color of offender's skin or their media status
    - punish incitement of racial hate, regardless of the color of offender's skin or their media status

Sounds kinda right-wing to you? Well, I call it realism, because the best a policy change can do quickly is *punish* true racism. No policy change will stop people being racist, some of it is literally built into us at a genetic level and much of it has been acquired over years and decades. I'm with Morgan Freeman on this - the best way to stop racism is to stop talking about it, save for dealing with actual true racism. Near-continuous and often false claims of racism do little more than divide people, instead of uniting them.

Like I wrote before, most of the problems I guess we would agree on are, at least in my view, caused by cultural and class factors, not by race as such.

remyruff and slappy like this.
  18. L-u-c-y

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    I think the best way to tackle racism is to be colour blind, I thought we were slowly moving towards that. Things seem to have taken a step back recently with race becoming the most important thing and people even apologising for being a certain colour.

The ultimate goal would be that the colour of someones skin is seen the same as hair colour, no one would be discriminated against because they have blonde hair, it's not something we even think about.

winstonmacgregor and filltee like this.
  19. BunnyAthalus

Local Time:
    So your solution to racism is to stop affirmative action? Literally a thing that is designed and succeeds in breaking poverty cycles which lift minorities out of those conditions....

Not off to a good start
    Define actual racism.

Would you say a black man, with the same prior convictions committing the crime should do the same amount of time in prison as a white man? Because if you do, wait till you hear about the criminal justice system.

What a weird, niche, almost unheard of thing to be mad about. If you where to guess, how many accusations of racism are false? Curious. 1%? 2%? What do you think it is.
    Going with your history I'm going to assume this is targeted at black lives matter.

So your solution to the blacks being disadvantaged is to, remove programs that foster the growth black communities, weaken racial discrimination laws and in some cases even go after whistle blowers more strongly and when they protest, crack down on them?

Doesn't sound like much of a path to solidarity here brother.

20. sandman9355

Local Time:
    Yes, because affiramtive action *is racist against everyone but the protected races*. How are you going to explain to one minority's children that they're not getting accepted into school because other less smart kids have protected skin color? How are you going to defend a rich protected kid getting accepted over a poor non-protected kid? It is already happening, and poverty is both the *class* problem I've been talking about several times already and not specific to racial minorities.

Yes, equal time for equal crimes. Do I have to repeat that I've literally said the US justice system could often be called injustice system?

As for a definition of racism, let's use the classic one: the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to physical appearance and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another. None of that "institutional power" nonsense, acknowledging that what's sometime called reverse raqcism is plain old fugly racism etc.

"everything is sexist, everything is racist, everything is homophobic, and you have to point it all out"

Ever heard that quote? And why do you think it got so popular? Because so many things get called racist that many people often even ignore justified accusations, simply because they've become desensitized to the word. No, I don't have exact statistics. But the whole mess is so crazy nowadays that you can see brainwashed youngsters accuse an old black man who has lived through *much* worse times of being white and racist. I've literally seen it happen.

Not just at BLM, because the law is supposed to be color-blind. *Anyone* guilty of racism should be punished according to the same law. Or do you really want different laws for different folks?

BLM would simply be one of the groups hit by that, and given their actions have literally killed more innocent black people than all of US police does in year, they do deserve punishment.

No, I would *change* race-based support programs so they'd be based on the economic status of poor communities and other relevant factors, not on the color of anyone's skin. Is the concept of *not basing policies or laws on skin color* so difficult to grasp?

And what kind of weakening racial discrimination laws and going after whistle blowers are you effing talking about? Are you telling me that false accusations, like the Jussie Smollett case, should go unpunished? People should be free to try to ruin other people's lives by lies and get away with it? No thanks.

Are they trying to take away your rights? I'll be happy to join your protest. I've been to actual protests where we literally had the threat of spending years in prison over our heads. You throw the first Molotov? Don't be surprised if I shoot you.

remyruff likes this.
  21. BunnyAthalus

Local Time:
    HAHAHAHAH An Anita Sarkeesian quote lmfao. Well done dude, i see you know how to watch morons on youtube talk about shit horrendously out of their depth. Very smart, much wow.

Everything you've stated has been proven to not work and you wish to end the ones that do. Sensational job mate, what a beacon of excellence you are.

Artem likes this.
  22. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    You hit it on the head L-u-c-y. A lot of what is called racism was subsiding in the UK. Then one of many incidents involving an Afro-American. this one having with an unpleasant criminal record, and white police officer (this one known to be racially prejudiced) end up with an unnecessary and seemingly deliberately caused death in full public view, created a shit storm world wide upon which many people jumped that have no conception of what the overall situation its causes or indeed its potential consequences be they good or bad. Some of those that jumped on were/are of extremely different natures some well meaning decent folks and some just wanted a new TV or to be able to throw rocks at cops with impunity. All demonstrators/protesters/rioters had no regard for other people or anyone's families as they stood shoulder to shoulder exchanging air with potential CV carriers.

Until we all stop mentioning race related issues I feel the differences will continue, the prejudices will continue at all levels and the inter-racial violence will never end.

Racial prejudice like xenophobia was once a good a thing it helped protect your community from others. We now have a global community, although not all are included, and for most of us living in modern civilisations we have no need or room for racism. Nor do we have any need or room for blaming others for what their ancestors did to other people's ancestors.. when does that stop.. and how far back shall we go. The Babylonians had slaves and with some certainty we can say almost if not all every culture since. My Within the last few centuries my own roots are diverse if I go back far enough I have little doubt some of my own ancestors have fought each other.

Racism has almost as many definitions and meanings to different people as there are different people.
    There are just to many differences and too many opinions about them. Racism will continue until there is just one race and one general skin colour. Even then facial and other physical characteristics will set people apart.

Whats to be done about racism, even trying to use education to overcome it causes arguments and legislation definitely only causes resentment?

We should, but we won't, let people be people whatever their origins or skin colour but its never going to happen until we are all of one culture or at least until all cultures accept all cultures and no one culture is doing anything that offends another. And the major cultural difference to be overcome, shall we have only one religion or none? Neither of those outcomes will ever happen for sure..

A point I know has been raised in the recent past in favour of racism and has been almost vindicated by recent events. The Corona Virus Is more deadly to blacks and asians. More deadly, this virus this time not yet completely a virus completely deadly to all of one race. Inevitably that is a possibility especially if one is deliberately engineered. So for the sake of the continuation of the human species would it be better or not to allow races to mix? If we allow mixing eventually there will only be people of (recently) mixed race
    If we don't than the killer virus might spare one race but if we mixed thoroughly there would be no separate races and all might live or all might die.

. ...............................................................................................................................

What about the way many people go along with encourage even endorse and definitely some laugh at the views of many comedians about people with ginger hair?

23. slappy

slappy Long term member

Local Time:
    Maybe we can all just change our skin color to blue or something then we all will be in the same boat...and racism ends that day

24. sandman9355

Local Time:
    Ummmm... Racial disparities in infection fatality rates seem to have little to do with racism. There's a huge difference between races being biologically different and people considering other people inferior due to their race. I don't feel superior to Japanese just because the genetic lottery gave me a better ability to metabolise alcohol. The very concept of a race is sorta complicated on a medical level, there are so many sub-groups within "races" that a targetted virus is quite unlikely. But so many people consider so many things racist that fear of being called a racist for talking about medical realities is often enough to silence people, and the damage this causes is one of the reasons I'm a bit sensitive to baseless claims of racism.

As far as I know, there are three main causes of COVID being more deadly to some groups.

One, class/socioeconomic status. Yes, there's an overlap with race there, and one's race can damage one's access to medical care in some places, but there's little to be done about this in the timeframe available.

Two, culture/behavior. Behavior that makes it more likely for a virus to spread, or increases the initial viral load people get exposed to, can play a role. Educational campaigns can help but face various obstacles.

Three, my pet peeve, vitamin D deficiency. Scientific medical sources prove a link between the tone of one's skin and vitamin D deficiency prevalence in the Western world. They also prove a link between vitamin D deficiency and IFR for COVID. But took the media *months* to mention this, for fears of being called racist, they're still mostly ignoring this, and it is something that's trivial to deal with in the so-called Western world. This is a textbook example of fear of being called racists for drawing attention to racial differences that have *nothing* to do with racism leading to *more people of color dying*.

25. sandman9355

Local Time:
    You do realize you sound like an angry child, not like an adult capable of rational debate, right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice