Will the padlock corrode in the shower or swimming pool

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by instorage, Feb 19, 2010.

1. instorage

instorage Junior Member

Local Time:
    12:39 AM
    Hi folks, Ive been a member for awhile, but mainly just reading for information. Ive been in and out of CB chastity devices for the last two years, the longest time locked being 30 days. The first chastity device that I bought was on ebay, a cb-3000. At the time I knew nothing about the clones that were hitting the marker, I thought I was getting a good deal. The tube split on me in two weeks. My next device was a cb-2000. A stronger made device, but not near as comfortable ad the cb-3000. Next, I ordered an authentic cb-3000 tube from keptforher.com and used it with the cb-2000 rings and pins. This one lasted for about a year before it split. I am very disappointed in the CB line and finished with plastic devices. My latest penis prison is the Jail Bird from maturemetal.com I was luck enough to find his web site before he raised his price from $250.00 to $290.00.

I want to remain lock for three months without immediate access to the key. The longest I have gone so far is 30 days, but kept the key handy and would take off the lock and slip a tooth pick through the pin when showering. Do any of you long term folks have problems with the little brass master lock rusting after months of showering and swimming? Any kind of maintenance need to be done to the lock? What is the best type of lock to use?

2. NightSprite

NightSprite Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:39 AM
    The locks should be fine during both showering and swimming in a pool. Salt water is a concern as this can corroded certain metals/

Usually a drop of machine oil, the type used for sewing machines and electric shavers, placed in the keyhole will help push out any water and keep that lack from seizing on you.

But it's highly unlikely to happen.

(I've had a small brass lock in the rain for about 6 months holding up a sign that kept getting nicked. It was generally ignored and worked fine when the sign needed taking down!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice