Qua vadis, chastity mansion?

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by MikeLocked, Jun 2, 2020.

?

What interests you in chastity?

1. General chastity, i.e. handover of sexual control, without sissification/feminization interest

31 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. Chastity as a means/tool for sissification/feminization

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. MikeLocked

MikeLocked Active member

Local Time:
    4:47 PM
    My impression is that during the course of last years, chastity mansion developed from a general chastity related site (including some related kinks) to a mostly sissy/feminization oriented site.

So I'm curious: Is this just me? Is this what interests most members here?
    Let's discuss.

LockedJani likes this.
  2. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    3:47 PM
    I see it as just the opposite - some years back it was a heavily sissy/feminization site, but now has swung back more to chastity/femdom. It's certainly made great strides in bringing in real women and forcing out fake women, as well as trying to bring some reality to both the advice given and stories told.

You'll never be able to stamp out the sissy element completely, as many men equate it with chastity and domination in general, but compared to say, three or four years ago (or more), it's nothing like it was in terms of feminization.

bondinchas likes this.
  3. Disciplined Boyfriend

NE Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    We're 100% Femdom/Chastity. Although Lady C did get a pair of frilly knickers for me they're only for the odd occasional play

4. BarbCD

BarbCD Long term member

Gainfully employed!
    Connecticut, USA
    Local Time:
    11:47 AM
    I don’t have a long history on CM, so can’t speak about what it was. But I’m fine with the mix of sissification/feminization and general chastity. Yes, there is quite a bit of the former, but I don’t feel it dominates the site. I also acknowledge that there is a close link between chastity and feminization for many people. Though not for me, as my prior writings have explained.

5. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    Sissification/feminization along with cuckoldry all have no intrest for either my Lady or myself.
    Each to their own of course but the idea of any of those with or without chastity beit play or lifestyleleave me cold.

homebody likes this.
  6. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:

It's funny that you joined over 10 years ago, when CM was full into the sissy/cuck thing, not to mention the behind-the-scenes drama of some of the mods/owners. Those shenanigans drove away a lot of the less-inclined members, some of whom started a discussion forum where such things are pretty much banned outright.
    The last few years, IMO, since Ms Lucy took over has been a welcome change back toward chastity, denial, and femdom topics.

Note that I have nothing against the sissy/cuck thing itself; it's just that it seemed to spill over into every single conversation, to the point where it was easier to DM people for a response so one didn't have to wade through a dozen responses about panties, diapers, or bulls.

Enforced chastity *on its own* is a fairly vanilla kink (for some value of fairly), but in many circles it's now intermingled with cuckolding, sissification, and other emasculating/humiliating aspects, so that if my wife ever saw those things before we started, she'd never agree to it, and would wonder what kind of man she married.

I think that it's good to have some breathing room to discuss the kink without distractions. I'm surprised that you think CM is trending back that way now.

Rectrix, Isopropylforyou and Billus like this.
  7. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    I'm not into sissification/feminisation myself, but I have no interest in "stamping it out", as @Billus politely puts it.

I think if a newcomer was to visit the chatroom first they might get the impression most members are into sissification.

We now have 111 verified female members.

8. elias

elias 7/7 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    4:47 PM
    Can not Judge about the past. But I am very glad to see that it doesn't matter to "which group you may belong". The platform is very usefull for all kind of people who are discovering their real nature....

bondinchas likes this.
  9. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    It was not my intention to suggest that you were actively trying to 'stamp it out', but certainly, as @Tom Allen alluded to, you've worked to re-focus the site towards 'chastity first, fetishes second'.

Rather, I meant to imply that as many people (though not all) see strong links between chastity and sissification, it would probably not be possible to have one without some elements of the other, if only for that segment of site users who do link the two. And that's fine; but some years back, it was certainly 'over the top' in terms of feminization being almost a requirement of membership here.

10. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Well, it was over the top for those of us who just aren't into it. Apparently it worked for those who were. ;)

Back then, there were other chastity /denial forums more focused on BDSM, or other kinks. Or there were other forums with a chastity sub section.

Because this is a large, old site, with the word "chastity" in the name, it got the search hits for those people looking for information. I suspect (actually, I happen to know) that a lot of vanilla newbs were scared off by what they saw here back then.

Billus likes this.
  11. Billus

Billus Laconic.

UK
    Local Time:
    Yes, but it was certainly a case of the tail wagging the dog. And there's no doubt it did scare off many people with more vanilla tastes.

And there were other sites to choose from, with CM being the 'sissy' option. Many of those sites are long gone, or so dead as to barely have an online pulse left. CM has probably survived because of becoming less dependent upon a single fetish (and by being actively governed, instead of left to fend for itself or being embroiled in mod fights, as we also all remember).

L-u-c-y likes this.
  12. Abstraction

Abstraction Force of nature
    Verified Female

big brain
    Local Time:
    Granted, I haven't been here long enough but I see this site as a mansion with many rooms: some interconnected, some isolated from others. There doesn't seem to be pressure from various cliques to be in or you're out; I haven't been on the receiving end of weird messages (luckily or otherwise?). And yes, there is a large area for related kinks but you don't have to read EVERYTHING that people post if you're not interested in this or that direction.

Rectrix likes this.
  13. Chaste J.

Chaste J. Long term member

Local Time:
    Seems to cover all different aspects to me. I personally find it very interesting how different people "do chastity". Generally speaking most here are quite friendly (or so I have found). I don't find this site at all intimidating. It's great to hear of other people's lifestyles and experiences and to share some of my own!

14. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    As a submissive husband more interested in supporting my wife's growth and happiness I find many inspirations here. And the feminization and siisification threads help remind me of how far I have to go in curbing my toxic and alpha masculinity.

elias likes this.
  15. Uehara

Uehara Active member

Lawyer
    London
    Local Time:
    That's "quo vadis", not "qua vadis".

Abstraction likes this.
  16. Guest 2684

Guest 2684 Long term member

Local Time:
    10:47 AM
    I like the variety of people here it is a great source of info

bondinchas likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice