How safe is using a PA (MCN) lock? (fear of nickel allergy and PA migration)

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by MrDoubleyou, May 10, 2020.

Random Thread
  1. MrDoubleyou

MrDoubleyou Active member

Local Time:
    5:18 AM
    Little of background: I have a PA piercing since August 2018. It wasn't a great healing period (about one year), but lately I discovered that I have a nickel allergy or irritation. This was done with an allergy test (90 materials placed on body for three days). I had a reaction, but they weren't sure it was an allergic reaction or irritation (I do not really see what the difference is, I had the nickel mark for like 2 weeks as only reaction from the 90 placements).

The doctor told me that chirurgical steel doesn't release nickel. So, that should be safe it the material is high quality. But since I had many problems with chirurgical piercings (like awfully bad), which only disappeared when I moved to Titanium, I am not completely sure if she is right.

1) Could I trust this advice and should I have been using low-quality piercings (even if they were from local piercing shops)?

The other question I have, I used a couple of days the PA lock (Contender of MCN and before a Rigid Chastity cage). The last one didn't fit well. The Contender does fit will, but after a couple of days wearing the piercing hole seems different and bigger (sometimes with a little bit of swelling). I usually get in the stress for migration, but after a day or so goes back to normal. The piercing stays on the same spot.

2) Is this normal and nothing to worry about? I am afraid of reading comments from people who had a PA migration after wearing chastity cages. But are they the exception or is this a real threat?

2. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    4:18 AM
    If you have any type of allergy or sensitivities then I highly recommend you avoid it, If you use titanium piercing with no problems, stick to those.
    The last thing you want is to have a allergic reaction to something that is locked on to you.

3. Elfman

Elfman Gay werewolves & martinis

Artist, photographer, bartender
    Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    8:18 PM
    I personally don't like titanium because it's too soft and can lose its smoothness. This was my biggest gripe about the Steelworxx PA lock; it was softer than the steel the rest of the cage was made from.

A real surgical stainless ring should be fine but IDK your body. You don't want cheap, you want real surgical stainless so you'll have to spend some money.

You could also try silicone or nylon rings.

I've never had problems with migration.

4. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    Mine migrated all the way but I was using a heavy Lori tube with no ring. I’m switching to a tube only device using a retaining ring from Ms Lori which should be here in a few more weeks. If you aren’t putting a lot of stress on the PA you probably won’t have any issues.

5. pokekey

pokekey Long term member

United States, upper left part
    Local Time:
    8:18 PM
    Good quality stainless steel and titanium pins work for me. I have a Lori tube and don’t see signs of migration but I do wear supportive underwear.

I am sensitive to other materials. The original Evotion cage had a plastic pin that was never comfortable. They later made a plated pin. The plating was so thin it was easily damaged and the underlying metal quickly became uncomfortable. Their titanium pin has never been a problem.

one of the best ways to tell if the problem is the metal or the fit of the cage is to wear the pin by itself. You might find some sort of rubber gasket to act as a retainer. If the pin alone is uncomfortable the metal is not compatible with your body. If you are having problems with stainless steel jewelry that material may not work for you.

Material sensitivity is a real thing. Don’t spend too much time guessing. If it is not comfortable, change material and that may resolve the problem.

6. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    Surgical steel or titanium are all I can wear next to or through my skin.
    Gold is ok but silver is not.. Maybe pure silver would be ok but I haven't tried it.

its Nickel that causes the problem for me but we are all different

Clear nail varnish with nylon in it is good for watch backs and the studs in jeans

7. MrDoubleyou

MrDoubleyou Active member

Local Time:
    5:18 AM
    Seems like this idea works! I am wearing the pin for a day now and it seems to be alright. Let's check the next 48 hours :).

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  8. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    11:18 PM
    It sounds like you’re on a good track.

Mark at MaleChastityNow uses 316L stainless steel for his PA lock and his PA security which is an option for his Contender and Glans Armor.

I’ve bought high quality stainless steel Anatometal jewelry and cheaper stuff. I can immediately tell the difference. Mark’s materials, as well as his smooth polish work, are top notch.

If you need to switch to titanium, it would be unfortunate, but that’s up to your body’s sensitivity.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice