Help with PA-5000

Discussion in 'PA5000' started by akm3, Jan 22, 2010.

1. akm3

akm3 Member

Local Time:
    4:24 PM
    All, I have the PA-5000 and a piercing, and it is the best device I've ever worn for security, comfort and concealability. Where I'm having trouble is duration.

So now, I'm writing to see if anyone has any experience with the troubles I'm having, and suggested solution.

I hit a wall after about 5 hours of wear, where the plastic dries out, the piercing hole 'sticks' to the plastic, and it causes uncomfortable rubbing/pulling. I can't figure out a way to keep this area lubed, and just squirting lotion or something down there not only doesn't help, but makes the area gross and smelly very, very quickly.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

It is also possible my device is too small, it seems like I should have some space in the tube when flaccid, but even flaccid the tube is full with a bit of skin pushed out of the slats.

Should I order the next larger size?

Finally, could I just need to keep at it, slowly trying to add more time in the cage each time? This is similar level pain when I was trying to adjust to a steel belt, where you'd have bad cutting etc, but you can't really 'rebend' a PA-5000 to help, and I'm very afraid of tearing my piercing which requires long healing (been there done that)

Thanks for input!

My ultimate plan is to switch to custom tube similar in design to the PA-5000 from steelwerksextreme.ca - but I want to make sure I figure out the right way to resolve any PA-5000 problems so I know what to tweak on the custom titanium design.

2. stealth

stealth Senior Member

Local Time:
    6:24 PM
    I actually found the opposite problem. I was having difficulties with my regular jewelry (4ga 316L SS 3/4" bent barbell) sticking like you describe. I would wind up with about half of the barbell sticking out of the piercing. Dribbling a little water on it and working it around would fix the problem temporarily. Thinking that it was a reaction to the stainless (it apparently happens, and is more likely with 316L vs 316LVM), I ordered two CBRs, one in titanium and one in acrylic, as well as a bent barbell in titanium to see if it's the material or jewelry type that's causing the problems. I don't experience the same problem with the PA-5000 as it slides on the locking hook pretty well. Sorry that I don't really have any advice for this, though.

Regarding the skin pushing out on the side, I've actually pulled most of the skin toward the back of the device. Wearing it like this, no skin sticks through the hole at all, but it does try unsuccessfully to turtle the whole device a bit when I'm extremely flaccid,

From my perspective, the thing is a little too darn comfortable.

3. stealth

stealth Senior Member

Local Time:
    I was just thinking. I did do some minor cleanup of the locking ring before I put it on the first time. Since there was still evidence of some seams on it, I sanded it down with some 600 grit sandpaper. I then used my Dremel tool on a fairly slow speed with a polishing wheel and some polishing compound to get rid of the sanding marks.

It's possible that the sanding and polishing may be why I don't have any problems with my piercing sticking. That doesn't explain the problem with my normal jewelry, though.

4. akm3

akm3 Member

Local Time:
    That is a brilliant idea! I'll give it a try. Perhaps residual seam is what is irritating me.

5. akm3

akm3 Member

Local Time:
    Well, I looked more closely at the hooks, and I think you are 100% right!

There was all sorts of seam on both sides of the hook that could catch a fingernail, as well as a few round parts that were rough, and stupidest of all an engraved circle showing the gauge size right where my piercing was getting irritated. I think this is definitely the problem! So I sanded one down with 600grit, and then polished as best as I could (no dremel) and wen't to try it..

...turned the key to the PA-5000 and... SNAP!! The PA-5000 lower seam snapped :*(

So the cage is busted. Gotta try to get one replaced under warranty, or they are cheap enough, perhaps just buy a new one.

I feel SO CLOSE to finally achieving Secure, Comfortable, non-impactful-to-my-ordinary-day, undetectable-Under-Clothes chastity.

It has been ~10 years since I started trying to make this work, and have not yet found a device that could do all four of those things, but this one is *damn* close. I had just failed on the comfort. I think your sanding idea will resolve that when I can try it again. THANKS!

6. stealth

stealth Senior Member

Local Time:
    Doh! Sorry to hear about that.

I know what you mean about being so close, although we've only been working on it for something like 2.5 years. So far, this is scary comfortable -- comfortable, but scary that I may actually get what I asked for.

If you decide to fix it yourself, this kind of plastic works well with Weld-On #3, which is a solvent cement instead of an adhesive. If you can find that, it'll actually weld the pieces together. Be careful with it though, as it's very thin and runs if you're not careful, possibly marring the surface. I used that with my CB-6000 and it worked wonders.

7. akm3

akm3 Member

Local Time:
    Sanded, polished, cage re-glued (with some plastic solvent), locked back in!

Lets see how it goes... Trying to sleep in it tonight...

8. akm3

akm3 Member

Local Time:
    Well, when I put it all back on, I still had some irritation, but it wasn't as bad as before. I was able to sleep all night, and wear for a total of ~14 hours. I could have gone longer, but the irritation was pretty ... irritating? the next morning. I took it off and I was pretty darn sore/tender. So, something is still not right.

I noticed at night it was 100% comfortable when I was lying on my stomach, with the cage pointed down. If I turned on my back (or even worse, my side) it was irritating/painful again.

Anyone have any ideas?

9. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    7:24 PM
    Ugh. How frustrating, in all the wrong ways. I'm sorry to hear it's not working. Alas, I don't have any advice. Good luck, though!

mikecb

10. stealth

stealth Senior Member

Local Time:
    I agree with Mike, totally frustrating.

Maybe your piercing is irritated, but only if it's pulled just right? If you put your normal jewelry in, and gently push/pull/rotate it, can you feel any irritation? Can you see any redness inside (flashlight) without any jewelry in? It might be a good idea to put your jewelry in for a week or two just in the odd event that you might have caused some small tearing or cut it with the seams on the hook before it was sanded/polished. That's the only thing I can think of.

11. akm3

akm3 Member

Local Time:
    That's good advice. Let the piercing completely rest. In the meantime, I think I'm going to order the next larger size tube, as well. And, I'll pick one of the other hooks to completely resand, polish, etc.

When I had the tube slip, the solvent I used to re-glue it did end up marring the surface of the inner tube a bit, which might have made it irritating, as well.

If all of the above don't work, I think it is the universe just telling me my penis is simply not meant to be contained.

12. jimm474

jimm474 Junior Member

St Petersburg, Fl
    Local Time:
    I use baby powder with my PA5000 and have very few issues. I pull my flaccid penis as far as possible out the back end and powder it. I then pull as much out the front as I can and add more powder. I do this in the morning and in the evening. The only time I get a slight pain is when my penis gets so soft it pulls inside. A little tug on the head fixes that. Since using the baby powder I forget the device is there until my wife teases me.

13. akm3

akm3 Member

Local Time:
    So interesting, you go for a 'dry as possible' instead of a 'lubed' . That does seem like it would work better. So get out of shower, blow try everything dry, add some powder... probably a good idea

14. jimm474

jimm474 Junior Member

St Petersburg, Fl
    Local Time:
    I get out of the shower and dry as best I can with a towel, once again pulling out the back and then out the front and then use the powder. I've been doing this for about 4 or 5 months now and have no issues. Unless I get hard I forget I have the device on. I also give the lock a quick spray with wd40 every few weeks to ensure the powder doen't jam it up.

15. akm3

akm3 Member

Local Time:
    OK! I've gotten a LOT of great advice from folks so thank you everyone who has replied to one of my zillion threads across various boards and sent me PM's.

I'm locked back in the PA-5000, after having carefully stretched to 6ga, let it rest for several weeks, etc. I have the middle and large sized tube, but went with the middle because the tigheter grip should help prevent 'pull' on the piercing, and may even purchase the smallest tube as well.

I'm locked with my custom stainless steel pin from Steelwerkextreme, and have used a bit of silicon lubricant to help make it al go.

It's only been an hour, and like my first experience with the PA-5000 it is VERY COMFORTABLE. The discomfort usually doesn't start until later, so wish me luck. Hopefully I'll finally have this able to wear comfortably this time

16. JackStrap

JackStrap Member

Guru
    North Eurotica
    Local Time:
    1:24 AM
    what what what? Someone sells custom locking pins for PA5000 ?

Some thoughts ...

I think the shape of the standard hooks is no good for me. No matter how I place myself in the tube, the hook pushes my skin, causing irritation. There should be different shape hooks in the package; more "straight up", "slight curve forward", "tighter curve forward". Also, the placing of the hook does not feel perfect. I'd love to have the lock maybe 4-5 millimeters frontwards.

I'm thinking of making a pin myself: Standard base for the lock , 5 millimeters straight ahead outside penis (relocate the hook forwards) , 2 centimeters directly up (reshape), tight curve and 2-3 cm straight forwards.

Then again ... if the hook was flexible and would make a loop.... I have to think about this.

I can easily keep the hook as a "PA-ring" as long as I want, but as soon as I put the frame on and lock the hook into PA5K frame, I cannot stand it for more than a 1/2 day.

Just an hour ago I had to take the frame/cage/tube/whatever off and when I was cleaning up, there was a hint of dried blood ...

What, me, frustrated? :)

Edit: why not turn the whole PA5K upside down (and create a custom hook). This way the piercing would have air to breathe and room to move?

17. akm3

akm3 Member

Local Time:
    We seem to be having similar issues. I agree that it'd move some of the stuff around a bit. Guess that's the benefit of going custom!

If you flipped it upside down, then the sensitive under-shaft of the penis would be exposed, that's no good. It would also appear lumpy in pants I think.

18. JackStrap

JackStrap Member

Guru
    North Eurotica
    Local Time:
    1:24 AM
    status update

I have written this elsewhere, I think, but electrons are cheap ...

I sawed and dremelled the frontmost bars away. Now I've been able to stay locked for several days in a row, without taking the cage away for a minute. I have had no pain even in the mornings. Part of the positive development is probably me getting used to PA5000 and part because of the modification.

My PA5000 got into bad (ugly) shape during previous tests with remouldable plastic so I ordered a new one.

I guess I'll try to wear it as it comes, and if that proves to be impossible, I'll do the same modification plus fill the then foremost air holes with plastic (for preventing foreskin pushing out and for added strength).

edit: New PA5000 arrived and got hacked: http://www.chastitymansion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11856

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice