80 mm ring measurement? I must have been doing something wrong...

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by EventuallyTamed, Mar 29, 2020.

1. EventuallyTamed

Local Time:
    10:45 PM
    Hello everyone,

Sorry for the kinda long post, butthis situation is going on since a while and I think it's better to already give you all the information possible, so that you can help me better, if you wish to.

I know the question is silly, but I'm finding a lot of issues trying to find an appropriate ring measurement.

I played with cages in the last 8 months, and until now I tried 3 different ones (they're all chinese cheap Amazon knock offs).

The first two are stainless steel cages and came with two different rings, one sized 40 mm and the other 45. Apart from the possible discomfort related with the lenght of the cage and the gap, I find the 40 mm ring sort of easy to fit but absolutely unbearable after 40 mins of wearing (I don't really understand the kind of pain I get, but it's a generic burning all around the base my scrotum), while the one with 45 mm is ok to be worn for some days (I think I managed to arrive to 6 days of consecutive wearing, and a bit more with brief pauses every now and then). Still, after 7-10 days, I was sore enough that I had to remove it for some days in order to heal.

I have now purchased a plastic device with oval-ish rings, and I can't really stand the 40/45 mm rings, but only the 50 mm one. And even with that, I can't really wear it without loads of lotion or oil, and only for a day or so.

Now, even thinking that I just have to get a bigger one, the main issues are:

- even with the 45 mm one the ring moves around already quite a lot, with the 50 one being even worse, plus they both feel very non-secure from an escape-proof perspective;

- when I try to measure with the methods I found online, the results are very weird. Even after multiple trials with different methods, I get results as high as 80 mm of diameter. Trust me, even if anyone would be THAT big, for sure I'm not.

What can I do to solve this situation? I'm quite desperate and in need for any kind of advice.

Thanks a lot for you answers in advance and sorry for the broken english (I'm not mother tongue).

2. Jessica Alexander

Jessica Alexander Trans woman not a mistress or Dom

Houston
    Local Time:
    9:45 PM
    Sounds like you need to play with different shaped rings in the 40-50mm range. Post some pics so we can see what’s going on.

3. lockedformistress

Local Time:
    4:45 PM
    You should be able to find just some rings for fairly cheap to try out and see what works best for you. I've always had discomfort with devices before my current one, when I finally went with a bigger ring (57 mm) then the generic cheap devices tend to provide. When I measured myself I came up with a number over 60, but this one I haven't had any discomfort with so far (about 10 days max).

4. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:45 PM
    Sounds like you have it figured out 45 is just a tad too small. You can wear it for a week, that’s pretty good, if you can wear it that long you just need to tweak your details and alleviate symptoms.

wash regularly, apply baby oil gel(not lotion) a few times a day, and wear briefs or bikini type undies that support and absorb.

Make sure the cage length isn’t too long, and I have noticed that a wider cage helps keep erection at a small plumping instead of getting an erection behind the base ring which pulls on your sack ...causes the burning feeling.

If you do get a friction burn, take it off and let it heal, it will just act up again if it isn’t fully healed.

Guest 2684 likes this.
  5. EventuallyTamed

Local Time:
    Thanks for the tip. Which kind of photo would you need? The devices' ones? Because right now I only have one at my place (me and my girlfriend are quarantined separetely and she has the other two).
    About the shapes, can you help me understand a bit better? Until now I tried the classical round shape and one which is sort of oval. What should I try still? Thanks for your answer in advance!

6. EventuallyTamed

Local Time:
    Yeah, I played around with rings before, but I think I could wear rings that alone were just fine, while the same ones, adding the cage to them, became problematic as I described in the post.

7. handsolo

handsolo Long term member

Local Time:
    4:45 PM
    I recently bought a few cheap cages, a couple with the hinged ergonomic rings seemed to fit well, but soon caused the burning you described. I went larger until security was obviously at risk, didn't help. I finally saw a tip here to keep an eye on the ring gap. Normally, I try to keep it small, as I can tolerate a lot of pressure on a testicle, and can grit my teeth and shove one through a standard CB design. The cages I was experimenting with had virtually no gap aside from the difference in ring size. By locking one together (not while wearing it), and prying at the bottom side of both rings, I increased that gap a bit, and it felt much better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice