Birdlocked Neo -- Do *NOT* recommend

Discussion in 'Birdlocked' started by satyr_returns, Jul 29, 2018.

1. satyr_returns

satyr_returns Active member

IT Manager
    Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    1:48 AM
    I wore my Birdlocked -- with breaks, on and off -- for four months, just about 120 days. And it *broke*. The shaft broke from the base, there is a huge jagged crease. It's not totally broken off, but it's 1/3 broke.

I did not use it hard, I wore it and took it off sometimes to wash. During the periods I was not wearing it, I put it back in the case -- I am guessing when stored it was stressed to the point that the silicone gave way. But that is hard to accept, as they advertise it is high-grade silicone.

I did nothing unusual other than that -- I used mineral oil, I washed it whenever I took it off.

I certainly had issues with the cleanliness and sweat factor -- after my first 3-week "no taking it off" trial, I was unhappy with the hygiene issues, so removed it every few days when I was wearing it. I came to the conclusion it was only good for short-term wear, and was good for getting through airport security. But I didn't expect it to *break*.

Birdlocked guarantees the device from defect for 90 days. Sad that mine lasted a whole 120 with non-continuous wear. But on June 26, I gave them the following rundown:

I received my device the week of February 18. I don’t remember what day it arrived, but it was towards the end of the week; I first put it on February 24. I did not use it continuously.
    I locked for the first time on February 24, and did not remove the device for three weeks, unlocking on March 18, I locked for a few hours on March 19.
    After that I did shorter locks, as I was rehearsing for a play and did not wear the lock to rehearsals or performances. March 25 - April 8. In between performances (April 23-26, May 1-3) I stayed locked.
    I locked for a week from May 7 -15, and for two weeks from May 23 to June 3. During these periods I removed the device every couple days for cleaning, and put it back on shortly after.
    I only cleaned with soap and warm water. I would sometimes let it soak in warm soapy water while I showered.
    I only used mineral oil to put it on, no other kind of lube or oil.
    When it was not being worn, it was put away in the carry case that came with it. It was never left out except when it was drying after soaking.
    I did not wear it at all between June 3 and today, June 26.
    And today, June 26, it is broken. I do not feel I have been rough with it at all. I have been putting it on and taking it off, and there have been long stretches when it has been put away carefully.

You know what their response was? *NOTHING* They have not responded in any way to my email.

On July 23, last Monday, I sent another email, asking if there would be any response, and still nothing.

So at this point, I would recommend that nobody buy this device. It is hard to keep clean and must be removed frequently; and the silicone clearly cannot stand up to minimal stress. And the company will ignore you if you have a problem or complaint.

I had already decided to order a Mature Metal device, and was going to use the Birdlocked as a backup and airport model. But as it is broken, it does me no good now. It is worthless. I will get my Mature Metal in 1-3 weeks and will forget about my Birdlocked.

And you should, too.

Enchained and CouriousNorth like this.
  2. CouriousNorth

CouriousNorth Member

Fort st John BC Canada
    Local Time:
    10:48 PM
    I hated the birdlocked mini or nano whatever its called. A pain to put on, remove as well as way too hot. Also very insecure maybe if my balls were bigger but it would almost remove its self at night.

3. jim48

jim48 Long term member

Retired
    las vegas, NV US
    Local Time:
    10:48 PM
    I can tell you that your Mature Metal device will not be breaking anytime soon. Don't worry about taking it off for cleaning, that will never be necessary. Enjoy.

CouriousNorth likes this.
  4. spud18

spud18 Active member

Local Time:
    6:48 AM
    silicone for chastity devices is rubbish, no matter who made it. Silicone sticks to the skin and makes it sore very quickly. Stainless steel or hard plastic is much better.. i have had several silicone devices and they all went in the bin.

Kamaczo, Neander and Ron33 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice