Metal Chastity & Airline Travel

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Abulia, Jan 14, 2010.

Random Thread
  1. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    8:51 AM
    So I am in the midst of transitioning to 24/7 wear and I do frequent air travel -- typically at least twice a month. Because of the nature of my body I am unable to wear a CB-series device for any length of time. The chaffing is just horrible and my scrotum becomes irritated and inflamed.

My stainless steel chastity device I am able to wear for extended periods. For obvious reasons, it will set off any airport metal detector.

Is anyone familiar, through, preferably personal experience, TSA regulations in the US or how a person wearing a chastity device and not possessing the key would be handled?

I'm not too worried about the humiliation aspect; it isn't like they're going to strip me down right there in public, but at the very least a private screening that adds how long to my trip? Would you be allowed on the plane?

I would prefer firsthand or citable knowledge, please. No speculation.

Thank you!

Slave to a Goddess likes this.
  2. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    Wow. Over 100 views and no responses? No one has worn a metal device to the airport?

3. hersforever

hersforever Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    All I could offer is speculation and theory -- I opted not to post in the interest of not cluttering the post with unknowns. That said... if the chastity is voluntary, why not just check the belt and put it on when you get to your destination? No added delays, no worry about an overzealous TSA agent not even allowing you on the flight, just get there and then get it on.

4. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    It's not voluntary, I would not have the key. My keyholder has put forth the idea of flying to visit her, being locked up, and then sent back home. Hence the question as to what to expect at the airport.

5. sissy belle

sissy belle Not me in dress.....yet!

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:51 PM
    Can tell them that you have metal the socket of your hip from a surgery. It's kinda in the same area. One option I guess. The truth is another, but I couldn't answer the question about letting you on a plane. The most fool proof way is to contact the TSA and get it in writing with contact info that it's ok with you to fly with it and carry that paperwork with you everytime you fly.

6. PGsslave

PGsslave Member

Local Time:
    11:51 AM
    you say a 100 views no one wore metal device to airport. Well I don't fly but there is no way I'd wear a full metal belt to the airport. I don't think they will let you fly. If the guy had not strapped that bottle to his leg and tried to blow up the plane, maybe you'd get by. ain't no way I'd put my ass on the line with you wearing that. But hey I'm no one prove me wrong. Hell I got very mad when the cops made me take off my steel toes boots to get in court house. I turn and said I'll come back another day, that cop grabbed me and said to you want to be arrested, I had no choice but to take off my boots. That was 2001 or 2002.

7. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I find this whole thing really intriguing!

It's not just on this site, it's on others... NO-ONE has "been there done that".

It amazes me that so many people claim to be locked up by their other halves and never let out (I know a lot of them are lying bastards!) but I seriously am amazed that no-one has the correct information on this. Surely if anyone had done this they would have posted somewhere on the Net by now!

Sorry that no-one has the answers here.

8. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Not much help - out of date and a female belt, but here you go:

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?art_id=qw107606394026G621

9. jaimelynn

jaimelynn Senior Member

Local Time:
    10:51 AM
    Here's the question, If you are going to meet Her, then get locked up, and sent back home, Why don't you talk to TSA before getting on the first airplane? Or are you going there locked up too?

Another thought, could you telephone or go down to the airport before the scheduled flight and talk with them?

I just found this page on TSA's website maybe it helps:
    http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/specialneeds/editorial_1374.shtm

I hope this helps you out.

jaimelynn

10. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    It's a possibility. I travel enough that a few ideas I've had are:

a) Ask for a supervisor next time I travel and just ask what to expect.
    b) Travel once locked up but have the key with me; if forced to remove, do so
    c) Try to receive some sort of documentation prior

I'm not to the point where this is an issue yet (still working my way up to long-term wear and my Lady isn't settled in for another 30-45 days) so I've some time to research this. Am a little surprised this hasn't come up before.

If wearing a device results in an extra hour (for the inevitable strip search) of travel then I can plan around that.

11. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:
    Okay, I don't want to see you make headline news, and clearly this is not a fake inquiry either, so I have a suggestion.

Don't screw with homeland security!

These people are not a tolerant bunch, and rules will change as they see fit on demand, even if you check ahead with TSA - see for example a couple airports have been shut down recently and passengers stringently rescreened because of elevated threat levels and security violations. You could seriously end up in jail for this if they think it is a prank or worse, a diversion to cover a real threat.

Instead, find a transparent solution. You can add a plastic numbered lock tie to just about any metal chastity belt; they all come apart, right? You just need to find a comfortable place to attach the lock tie around two pieces of the device. Drill a hole if necessary.

Now, get two belts; one plastic, one metal. Mistress can provide the lock ties; you will need two, and they only need to be there for travel time plus a parcel roundtrip and a half. The transfer protocol works like this:

1) Mistress mails you a lock tie and instructions.
    2) You attach lock tie to metal belt and return video of it attached.
    3) Mistress mails you the keys to metal chastity belt and a second lock tie.
    4) You film a video; in it you
    a) remove plastic lock tie.
    b) remove metal belt
    c) don plastic belt
    d) attach lock tie number two
    5) Send video back, but metal belt in luggage
    6) Fly, none the wiser.
    7) Meet up with mistress; if you still have lock tie number two attached, you haven't cheated.

Course, I would just rely on honesty, but there is no degree of accounting for someone's commitment to the lifestyle...

12. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    But no-ones seen it happen or had it happen to them yet...

13. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    1:51 AM
    To Quote V for Vendetta;
    "People shouldn't be afraid of their Governments, Governments should be afraid of their people."

I think you have every right to fly in a chastity belt, in the same way you have every right to fly in clothes. There is nothing you could use the chastity device for that would harm another, and indeed the WHOLE POINT of it is that it can't be removed.

The reason this hasn't come up before, I suspect, is that most people don't need the hassle. Unlocking or acrylic devices are acceptable to them. I think that by discussing the likely view of the TSA on this with a senior/supervisor the next time you travel AND getting a written approval from their headquarters that the device poses no threat you should be able to fly with it on.

I suspect written approval will be very hard to get though, I've no doubt they would want to see photos of it, and maybe even require you to send it to them for examination.

Also, maybe there is a clause for people who have metal in them.. like bone fixtures from major fractures. I don't know of any people in the US, but certainly Mick Doohan, a former Australian motorcycle champion guy has had so many crashes that he must be about 50% metal now, but I'm sure that doesn't stop him from flying. Maybe you could get a Doctors approval that the device poses no threat and that might help your pursuit of the TSA.

Good luck with this, I'm sure a great deal of people reading this thread will be awaiting the outcome. If all else fails, travel by ship :)

Attached Files:

14. Abulia

Abulia Member

Local Time:
    Agreed. I also don't accept the premise that contacting the TSA for the rules and regulations to wear a chastity device is "screwing" with Homeland Security. I have every right to inquire. I may not like the answer but that doesn't mean I get thrown in jail for asking a supervisor if wearing a chastity device is allowable.

Anyway, that's why I didn't want to engage in speculation.

15. Mark121

Mark121 Nobody of consequence

Local Time:
    I'm assuming that you live in the USA. In addition to inquiring of the TSA, it would be worth a call to the ACLU, also. As has been pointed out, there is no reason that you should be denied the right to board a plane because of a metal chastity device. It would probably be easier to get by if it is a CBXK - style device, rather than a full, Florentine style belt.

16. PGsslave

PGsslave Member

Local Time:
    I tend to like what lock4ever said. And someone has just now tried to hide a bomb in there underwear

17. shieldingmatrix

shieldingmatrix Junior Member

Fort Bragg, CA
    Local Time:
    Just a thought: a TSA approved lock on the goods would allow the screeners access, but not you.

Of course this is not withstanding comments in other threads which ask, whether it's really appropriate to involve the TSA in our kink, when they just have a job to do.

ShieldingMatrix

18. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    And I hate speculation *GRIN*... sorry trained scientist, I like research, facts and figures.

On airline dangers here's a thought... let's use the scalding hot tea or coffee as a weapon... or maybe the bottle of duty free, how about we empty that out and smash it into a leathal weapon?

Back on topic!

I still can't believe that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, still hasn't sorted this one out. I'm sure someone's either had issues or NOT had issues with airport security. Where the heck are they!?

19. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    1:51 AM
    Mistress Watchful. I think in the USA you'd have to be a damn fool to rock up with a couple of kilos of metal in your pants and try and get through.

However, someone is sorting it out right here! Give Abulia a chance to work through the processes :)

20. TCFun

TCFun Long term member

Local Time:
    I did email a question to the TSA regarding chastity belts and airport screening but they must not have taken my request seriously as I never got a reply

21. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:
    There is every reason you should be denied the right to board a plane. Because there is no "right to board a plane". It is the carrier's discretion, subject to FAA / TSA, state and local airport regulations, that allows you passage on a plane, no inherent or inalienable right. In actuality, it is the opposite: they have every right to refuse service to you, refuse entry to their craft, and refuse you entry to any secure areas or private property.

If you had a theoretically completely secure device, which there is no way to remove it to adequately check for safety, and they don't have the technology to accommodate a safety inspection for you, it is perfectly reasonable if you won't be allowed passage, in fact I would not want to board a plane on which you were allowed passage. I don't care if this device is a chastity tube or a metal spinal reinforcement column installed and certified as medically necessary by a doctor in Riyadh, if it can't pass screening and inspection for safety, I don't want to share transportation with that individual.

The ACLU is likely to help you with matters of mistreatment, corporate abuse of power, basic freedoms or discrimination, not deliberately creating a safety hazard! All you would have to do is bring the keys, and you are not creating a hazard. Seriously, if you can't bring the keys with you to allow for a safety inspection, and can't switch to a transparent and / or removable device, I would not expect to be allowed to fly. What you have done is no different from bringing a locked piece of luggage on board and refused inspection of it.

This is not V for Vendetta. This is no government suppression of a "right to wear chastity belts", this is common sense. Nobody will care if you have a plastic device or if you can prove that it is safe by removal - i.e. you have the keys. If you try to go through a metal detector wearing what is essentially a form of body armor, you are likely to be seen as creating a hazard and subject to extreme scrutiny. You could easily be put on a no-fly list for attempting a stunt like this, because a) you will be detected, and b) the response will not be pleasant. Checking ahead of time with the airport and questioning TSA might gain you some points, but if you really want to fight for a legal "right" to do this, I suggest you acquire counsel and have them present as a witness when security detains you.

And in news of the day, airline security just got even tighter due to extremely elevated threat levels in the UK and India.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703699204575018261016131460.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsSecond

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5h8VO_bVr39-kOBpSN3uE_WfGCUIw

It's really a very bad idea. A Jewish man was detained yesterday for using a prayer box on an airplane, and that's not just able to be inspected, it's not even metal.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7017588934

Tom Allen likes this.
  22. enigmaPOJ

enigmaPOJ Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I have traveled though TSA with my Locked In Steel belt in my carry-on many times and half the time after going through X-Ray, I have had to show it. In each case they were professional and only once in 8 times, did someone have to ask a supervisor if it was OK to take on a plane and in that case it was a trainee. The reason I have not worn it through security screening is that I'm with my KH/wife those times and don't think it's necessary to wear it when she it with me as I she can just tell me to put it on in the restroom after security, but usually she just wait till we get to out destination for that. I did ask a TSA agent if anyone have worn a belt through (she had seen a belt before) and she said yes and it was an interesting experience. I do know of someone who has and he would go to the airport the day before, show and explain it and do the same at the airport he would be returning from. This was about a year ago and with the Christmas Day attempt, that may not be the case anymore. They can change the rules anytime or in the middle of you travel, one never know. If you can find an alternative then I would advise that.

-enigma

23. sissymaidchloe

sissymaidchloe Junior Member

Local Time:
    10:51 AM
    One of the problems with TSA is that while there are policies, they are often interpreted differently by their agents. So what you can get away with at one airport may not be okay at another. Stupid, but it's the way it works.

Imagine this: You're a TSA agent, looking for suspicious items on people. Someone walks through the metal detector, which goes off. You take them aside, and discover they are wearing a metal belt that covers their crotch and has a lock which the wearer can't remove. The Christmas bomber had his explosives hidden in his underwear, and now you've got this? Shut down the airport, put this guy in custody and call the bomb squad!

While you may disagree, there's no reason you have to wear a chastity belt. Unlike a joint replacement or bone reinforcements, it's not medically necessary. No matter how much you hate the idea, take the belt off for the duration of the trip and save yourself and other travelers lots of grief.

24. lostbutlooking

lostbutlooking Junior Member

Local Time:
    As an American, I can't believe some of these replies, particularly given the audience here - you should be supportive, not dismissive. I see the terrorists have already won! There seems to have delusional visions of the security of our airport system - it's really not that secure. For instance, either myself or others I've flown with have inadvertently gotten through with pocket knives or liquids in our carry-on.

A person with a chastity belt is not a threat - they should be searched appropriately - at worst a private screening where the TSA is allowed to inspect the device - but there's no reason why the TSA should stop them from flying. I believe they should be treated no differently than someone who has a medical implant - for all intents and purposes, a locked chastity device is as unremovable to the wearer as a medical device.

Now there is a difference between what should happen and what is likely to happen. I won't dismiss that you may not be allowed through security, or you might be detained long enough to miss your flight. The TSA's rules are not publicly known and can change at any time, and it may indeed come down to the individual officer or supervisor's judgement.

Perhaps it's my own political view as a libertarian (no, not a Republican or one of those Tea Party nut-jobs), I'm a natural "right to fly" advocate. I believe IDs should not be required (they don't do anything) and I believe metal chastity belts should be allowed onboard.

While I believe I am impartial in my own views (other than my own political opinions), I should note that I may indeed test the system in time - but I plan on using a metal cage, not a full belt, so it may be easier for me. Any information in the meantime would be very helpful. (Sorry for resurrecting an old thread - I actually found this from a Google search!)

25. Celtic Queen

Celtic Queen Senior Member

Local Time:
    Civil rights arguments aside, practically speaking you will probably get stopped by security and create a whole load of hassle both for yourself, your fellow passengers and the security guys who are supposed to be there to stop terrorists, not embarass kinksters and waste a whole pile of tax payers' money dealing with you. Here's a simple idea we use as my sub and I have i-phones.

Take two disposable numbered plastic locks. Get your KH to attach one (or you) as you leave. If you have picture messaging, send your pic of you locked up with the first lock just before you go through security - do this against your watch. She should get the pic in real time. Take off the lock, put your device in your carry on luggage. Re attach after security clearance with your next numbered lock, send the next picture again, against your watch.

Yes, watch times can be changed, yes you might be able to get a sneaky wank in the short amount of time between going in to security and clearing it but that would seem to me to be a sensible solution in the circumstances. If you don't have devices which do picture messaging, then you might like to consider investing in them if you spend time apart, they are huge fun for remote tease and denial.

Sometimes, you just have to go unlocked in this modern world. You just have to minimise the amount of time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice