Evotion Orion

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by Cloverclamp, Dec 1, 2018.

1. LockedTxHubby

LockedTxHubby Active member

Texas
    Local Time:
    1:31 AM
    When I was measuring for my bijou I did all the measurements in the evening after a shower. After getting it I had problems overnight and remeasured in the mornings and discovered that I was smaller in the morning. Lesson..... Try measuring at different times of the day. I am now ordering a new one based on morning measurements.... Evotion Wearable is great to work with do ask them questions if you have any.

2. ChasteCel

ChasteCel 7/6 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    2:31 AM
    Your body also tends to swell after a hot shower both from the temperature of the water, and from your skin absorbing water. I agree on the multiple different times.

3. Qveik

Qveik Embarked on a new adventure

London UK
    Local Time:
    7:31 AM
    Thank you.
    Hope it will be snug fit.
    Im uncut so my main worries is the foreskin. I could measure anything as little as 30mm shaft leghts turning into 60mm and being still flaccid, than the glans seem to be 35mm all the time. It's more likely the diameter I'm worry about as with smaller size measurement the skin build up. From some nice 33mm in diameter it can go up to 38 if really shrinked. I would prefer to have rather shorter cage to prevent any errection ut than afraid of edema. Hm.. If the cage would cost few bucks I wouldn't hesitate that much.
    Thank u for your advice.

4. Plakjekaas

Plakjekaas Member

Local Time:
    8:31 AM
    indeed, do average and better err on the small side..

5. Qveik

London UK
    Local Time:
    Order placed. Hope I've done the measurement right.
    Interesting times ahead.

ChasteCel and tecolote like this.
  6. LockedTxHubby

Texas
    Local Time:
    Good luck. I got my second Bijou and the measurements are perfect.

ChasteCel likes this.
  7. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:
    11:31 PM
    How much did you have to pay for the replacement?

8. Grayfelix

Grayfelix Active member

Ohio
    Local Time:
    I am on my second Bijou. Here are some observations about sizing:

1, Small changes in size, even a millimeter or two, can make a huge difference in comfort. For best precision use circumference vs diameter as each mm increase is divided by pi (3.14). This is very convenient for expressing small changes. In my case, my first tube circumference was 95mm. I could wear it but it was very tight. This made nighttime erections painful to the point of waking me up. It also made cleaning difficult because I could not get my finger inside it to wash. Lastly, the very tender skin behind the glans would get forced into the filigree. This is very painful. On my second order I went with a 99mm circumference and the fit is MUCH better and I can wear it for many days at a time, wash it thoroughly, and no tender skin forced through the filigree. The size difference in diameter between the two is minuscule: 30.25mm vs 31.5mm, or 1.25mm (.05 inches). So do take many measurements and average them as our online friends suggested.

2. Pay attention to the glans length measurement and make allowance for some growth. I say this because if you do not , when your special friend begins to expand the tip will be forced against the end of the tube. One of the best design features of the Bijou is the internal ridge behind the glans that holds it in place. As the pressure on the tip continues to increase, the force is directed in the path of least resistance (backwards) and this can (and did in my case) pop the glans back through the internal ring. This causes a second problem because it now puts tension on the piercing which cannot be relieved without unlocking and reseating your glans. Trust me when I say you do not want to stress your piercing because not only does it hurt but it will cause the piercing to migrate. See my earlier post about my experiences with the beautiful but very heavy Lori 5B and having to be repierced at a greater depth. My first Bijou had a 25.4mm (1in) glans length. My second one has a 35mm (1.375 in) and fits fabulously. The glans stays locked in place by the internal ring exactly as it should.

After saying all that, the Bijou is the best, most comfortable, and secure device I ever owned. Yvonne at Evotion is very responsive and provides excellent customer service.

Lastly, measure many times and do your best but do not be surprised if it takes several tries to get it right.

Grayfelix

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  9. Kodama

Kodama Active member

South West, UK
    Local Time:
    #34 Kodama, Sep 1, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    I'm currently ordering my 4th bijou. Having to alter measurements based on feel, not on diagram information given.

Costly, but (hopefully) worth it.

I've gone from a 24mm pa, down to a 22, then an 18 to try and stop the severe pain created by sleeping growth. That 6mm change still didn't do the trick.

I'm about to go down to 16mm PA depth to try and relieve the pressure pain of the penis growing and pressing on the piercing.

I'm well past the diagrams recommendation for measuring the depth now, and unsure as to whether or not it'll work.

Fingers are crossed.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  10. Qveik

London UK
    Local Time:
    Thank you for the following responses.
    I would be smarter now but I still believe I've got the measurements right.
    I'm 95mm when the smallest flaccid in circumference but avarage came to 105mm so I ordered 105 as I have gone for smaller cage with only 30mm lengths.
    The glands is always 30mm or 35mm so I stayed with 35mm
    Im not circumcised and believe the circumference in such small cage will be ideal. The PA depth I went for 23mm because that's what is is.
    I believe that the ring and small cage will minimize night errection and will not put too much pressure on the PA.
    Also I went for solid ring as cm members say that the skin gets irritated by the filgree. The glans part is done solid with filgree rather than the bars.
    Can't wait how is it going to turn out.
    Ring was 45mm and gap 10mm

11. Elfman

Elfman Gay werewolves & martinis

Artist, photographer, bartender
    Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    I ordered an Orion exactly as they instructed (measurements) but, being a grower, I had some pretty bad problems with overnight and general wear as a result of the whole thing being too tight (as mentioned above). the base right I re-ordered with a prototype a whopping 6mm larger diameter and this seems to be a much more comfortable fit. Previously I had been wearing a Steelworxx Looker03 with 47 base ring. The different ring styles make an incredible difference in fit. After further experiments I also ordered a significantly winder shaft section because of swelling issues.

The wider base rings fits much better for me, and I am anxious to see how the wider shaft fits me. I am super athletic and it's important for everything to stay put.

I have had no ball-burn with the new base ring. None whatsoever.

I will update when the rest of my parts arrive.

Evotions service is amazing. they are super nice to work with and very understanding and flexible. The craftsmanship is also exceptional. I am blown away that you can re-order one section of your cage, without sending it somewhere a thousand miles away, and it arrives and fits the existing parts with freakishly tight tolerances. Amazing. A+ good stuff.

P.S. if your lock freezes up, don't use WD40 because that's not a lubricant; go get a can of PB-Blaster.

12. lockedsteve

lockedsteve Lockedsteve

Local Time:
    6:31 AM
    Hi, i would love to see an image of this device with the solid ring and glans part not being patterned any more info as to how your getting on with it would also be a help to me in trying to decide the correct sizes etc and the final design, primarily how you get on with not being cut as I am also uncut and would like to try and have the foreskin fold over the device if possible. Thanks in advance.

13. Qveik

London UK
    Local Time:
    As soon as I get it I'm sure I'll be posting all that info, and with picture as well.
    I am a bit worried that the ring will be tight. Let's see when it comes. They say up to 6 weeks.
    I will be expecting to buy some parts in different sizes in the future, as I belive that it's not going to be perfect fit. Let's hope.

14. StableBoy

StableBoy Member

Washington DC
    Local Time:
    I have many devices myself and have settled int o the Steekwerks Tiffany. A masterpiece, for sure. However, I do far too much travel and have been looking for a metal free, trouble free device. It seems that the Orion might fit the bill for all those metal detectors. I contacted through the website about a week ago and got no response. Is there a direct email contact that can be shared? I have found with many websites the "contact" does not actually get you to the vendor. And good points about sizing problems: each device fits its own way. Can you advise?

15. Qveik

London UK
    Local Time:
    Try again
    I got RESPONSE the next day, and they were always very helpful.

16. tecolote

tecolote Long term member

Government
    California
    Local Time:

Use the link on the left, as the one that opens when you hit the envelope icon doesn't seem to work.

17. Elfman

Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    I just used the "contact" page and they got back to me fairly quick.

Worth noting, though, is that I have been in a lot of contact with them this summer and sometimes they can take longer to respond. Sometimes they will reply to one of my emails 20 minutes after I send it at 0730am on a Sunday but other times they will take a few days. Send them another but be patient.

18. StableBoy

StableBoy Member

Washington DC
    Local Time:
    Thanks for replying all. After a few days, I did get a very comprehensive response. I opted for the Orion Now! because I cannot wait 8 weeks for a custom device. I think it will be too small (and thus painful) but I am going to test run it literally around the world through airports and if it works fine I may go for a customized device. I love my metal devices but find despite a lot of finicking I always need time off due to scrotal trauma.

We nonetheless have options for that too: among my favorites are the Fetters custom leather locking jockstrap, Fetters Boxing Gloves (once they are on, no fingers to take them off or to play); and the latest was a very affordable pair of locking vampire gloves from Stockroom. I followed the measurement instructions and they fit custom. In this way, I get the time to recouperate but not for release so I can be denied indefinitely by my merciless spouse!

Elfman likes this.
  19. 2tall

2tall Member

Florida, USA
    Local Time:
    Just got my custom Orion with frenum piercing option. Because of a small shaft size, the piercing bar is almost impossible to get through the shaft piece, but I can get it on eventually. But I’m having a problem with serious pinching where the shaft part attaches to the base ring. There’s a bit of slop in the fit of these two parts and a gap of 1mm opens as closes as the pieces move. It pinches like a SOB. I’ve just emailed them to see what resolution we can come up with. Anyone else had this problem?

Attached Files:

20. ChasteCel

Local Time:
    I have an Orion without the frenum piercing.

I don't have this problem of a gap between pieces. I can't tell from the pic - are you using the "long" lock in that space and the "short" one in the front lock?

21. Elfman

Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    Does anyone have an issue with chaffing on the backside of the glans with these devices? I also seem to have an issue chaffing with the base ring and I'm not sure what a long-term solution is.

22. ChasteCel

Local Time:
    I found that the filigree pattern I had originally chosen (in my profile pic) chafed me more than I realized. I had them make me a solid ring at one point and its 100x better!

23. Elfman

Boise, Idaho
    Local Time:
    Damn, that's exactly my fear! I have the same pattern

ChasteCel likes this.
  24. LockedTxHubby

Texas
    Local Time:
    This is great info. I have had a Bijou for almost a year and am thinking about getting an Orion. The ring filigree has been a serious sticking point, it looks like it could be uncomfortable. When I order mine I think I will go solid ring.

25. ChasteCel

Local Time:
    I think its the stars in the pattern - they're very pointy. I did somehow manage to wear it full time for like 6+ months using Aquaphor as a barrier protector under the ring. I found that if i was getting irritation the aloe in the Aquaphor was also helping heal.

Highly recommend going solid!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice