Rigid Chastity - Time to delivery

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by titaniumjones, Dec 16, 2018.

1. ChihiroShibari

ChihiroShibari Active member

Local Time:
    9:24 PM
    I finally received a delivery tracking code from RC. My gf hardly cant wait and im exited too :) I already lost my faith with RC and i ordered a copy of another RC product from dhgate. I will add some pics when they arrive. Want to see them in use or just product image or both?

2. pietverbecke

pietverbecke Member

Local Time:
    8:24 PM
    I finally received my chastity device (after more than 7 months). It is indeed well made.
    Nevertheless I am quiet angry against the company, their absence of communication except when you threaten them, their lies to make you believe that the device will be sent in a couple of days... and the final necessity to open a dispute on paypal to make them process my order.
    I do not recommand this company

JayPee and Peter Rabbit like this.
  3. titaniumjones

titaniumjones Crouching Robot, Hidden Dragon

Director of my own company.
    Cambridge England
    Local Time:
    7:24 PM
    Like a number of people here, I only got things moving when I threatened to start refund proceedings.
    I did finally get my device and have since sent it back for modifications.
    Once the threat was in place I began to get regular communications from them, but not every message was replied to.
    I seem to get best response from SMS to the mobile number on the site.
    I have no answer as to why their communication is so bad. I am guessing it is simply one guy with poor English or a couple who are somewhat overwhelmed by what they started.
    if you have started an order, I wouldn't give up on it, but keep the 6 month deadline from PayPal in mind when you are trying to get communications. Use SMS, my experience tells me that you get best response this way. But don't give up.

I am playing with the idea of making my own devices. I've not get got the skills, but I do have the equipment. I can promise, my communication is better.

4. ChihiroShibari

ChihiroShibari Active member

Local Time:
    9:24 PM
    My Device finally arrived today and it is indeed superior. Perfect, love at first sight! What a piece of art. My gf/kh was also impressed and device was put in place instantly. But... the time of delivery whitout any replys from dealer is totally insane and makes you think you never see your device or money... l place my order last december and now is july... I also received seals. Those were also like professional versions, made of metal... i thoght i was receiving plastic seals. Nice! But all this makes me think that do i want to get another RG's device because i dont want to do another dispute...

5. ctrledboy

ctrledboy Active member

Local Time:
    11:24 AM
    Tomorrow it will have been 20 weeks since my initial order. I sent an email today basically saying they need to ship the item or I’m disputing with Paypal.

6. ctrledboy

ctrledboy Active member

Local Time:
    Got no response from my emails. Tried texting the number on their website (it’s a mobile number) no reply. My wife called the number today and they said it would ship next week. According to her description they were “European Curt” but not exactly rude. Said they didn’t skimp on quality and take their time. I honestly wouldn’t care much that they were slow if they set expectations and communicated. But they don’t. Guess we’ll see if the device actually ships.

7. ctrledboy

ctrledboy Active member

Local Time:
    I got an email saying my order was processing and saying it will ship “next week” the same day my wife called and essentially saying the same thing they told my wife. But “next week” came and went and no sign of it having shipped. It’s been 23 weeks since ordering. My wife’s going to call again this week.

8. epsi-trepsi

epsi-trepsi Active member

Local Time:
    My order took very long time. Was ordered in okt and delivered in May. The device was well made but they messed up my order. I ordered a second base ring but the sent a penis ring instead which is the wrong size. I sent them 6 mails without reply. What should I do?

9. ctrledboy

ctrledboy Active member

Local Time:
    Call the number on the website. It seems to be the only way to get a response out of them.

10. ctrledboy

ctrledboy Active member

Local Time:
    Well it’s been over two weeks from the phone call where they said it’d ship “next week.” Started things with PayPal. But given that I’m near the limit of dispute time frame with PayPal I don’t feel like I have much choice. :(

11. ctrledboy

ctrledboy Active member

Local Time:
    I finally have a tracking number for my Rigid Chastity order. Last week I opened a dispute with PayPal. Had a response the next day saying he was polishing and then nothing, so last night I sent another message via PayPal and today I had a tracking number.

12. young88

young88 Long term member

Local Time:
    4:24 AM
    Wow, This is totally unacceptable treatment of customers.

I would have ordered one of their devices except for the all of the above experiences. So I found the knockoff at a store in Aliexpress, the device arrived in 2 weeks. Its quality is surprisingly good, the fit I guess is a fluke but also very good. The device is sensational value at $30US.

Just saying!!

We all would like to support people who take the time to design and build these creations rather than a copy that did no R&D, but they can make it very difficult for themselves when they treat customers so poorly.

13. elias

elias 7/7 on the TomAllen-Rectrix scale

Local Time:
    Initially my eyes also felt to a RC device but I'm very hesitating to order when reading all these stories.

It looks like they keep their customers "in chastity" by waiting so long to let them enjoy their devices.

Nevertheless, I do hope to buy my first Steelworxx device soon. Dietmar is well approachable and responding almost immediately to all questions.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  14. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:24 PM
    I think at this point it should be no surprise that
    1. It is going to be awhile before you get your device.
    2. You will not get any further contact, updates, or special one on one interaction from them.
    3. The device will fit perfectly and is a special piece of art

Trying to make them anything more than they are is futility and unrealistic

15. ctrledboy

ctrledboy Active member

Local Time:
    My Halfshell finally came today. 6 months to the day after I ordered it. It’s a mixed bag though. I ordered it with a Standard PA hook and a ring anchor. I did this because I was ordering a larger size hook than my current PA jewelry at the time I ordered and wasn’t certain I would be ready to wear the hook when it came, I also wanted it as a hedge against a fixed PA hook being a problem. When I ordered I made a mistake and ordered the PA hook as 6mm/2ga rather than 4mm/6ga I had intended. I’d emailed them and even ordered a separate hook in 4mm/6g to try and get them to fix my order. They ignored me. When my wife called he said they’d make it in the size that my correction email said and even added a note to my order updating the size:

Here is update of your order:

Standard Hook: 4mm/6ga
    Ring Anchor: 4mm/6ga​

Well the standard hook came in 6mm/2ga.
    5FF1EBAF-C1A5-4CC5-BFE6-381101C01B76.jpeg

There is also a very slight mar on mark on the outside of the the tube.

However, my wife did switch me into it with ring anchor and I have to say this is am amazingly comfortable device. It’s tempting to just work on stretching.up to 6mm and keep it. Guess I’ll think about it over the weekend and see what I decide to do.

keyheld likes this.
  16. ctrledboy

ctrledboy Active member

Local Time:
    I’ve thought about this a lot. It’s my opinion that they are doing this only as a hobby. A hobby that has exploded past their ability to meet the demand. They’re probably totally overwhelmed and are stressed out trying to deal with all their customers. What they should do is have a waiting list to place an order. You get on the list, when your chance comes up you have a certain amount of time to place your order and pay. They can then take people off the waiting list as they have capacity to fill orders. Nobody has an order out and paid so there’s a lot less pressure on them. They can raise prices to reduce their orders either in addition to the above or just alone.

17. keyheld

keyheld Member

Hampshire, UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I think you’re correct that they are overwhelmed with this demand. I’m not sure how well having a waiting list of non paid potential customers would work, but maybe pay a deposit to get on the list.

18. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    In all actuality, if they spoke a language that was more prevalent to this subculture...English, they would feel more comfortable handling communication. Even setting up a cell for texts only with google translate, would greatly increase their willingness to interact.

The fact is, it works for them. Let’s face it, interacting with chastity device owners must be a real pain in the ass. Everyone wants their device yesterday, want it altered after the fact, or has a bunch of questions that frankly aren’t any of their concern. Yes other makers like mature metal are very welcome about modifications, personal input, and even receiving photos to troubleshoot issues, but that has to get old. Especially when folks don’t measure correctly, or have expectations that wearing a device is easy. I have the perfect device for me, yet I’ve had issues and abrasions.

Their view: you order the device, we make the device, we ship the device, our relationship is over. It’s like a hookup lol. The one night stand of device makers, you may want a relationship, but they just want to keep it one and done.

If they wanted to expand or make more money going mainstream, they would certainly have to alter the way they do business. Language barrier and communication alternatives, more detailed website for measuring, and a definitive date of reception. It doesn’t seem they want to go mainstream, or need to make a ton of money. It must be more of a hobby, by the time materials, shipping, and labor of making mine is taken out of my 392 bucks, they couldn’t have a lot left over for the two of them.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  19. keyheld

keyheld Member

Hampshire, UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Actually I had an issue with my halfshell. I said I would try and have it modified in the UK, but If it didn’t work could I send it back for alterations. That got back to me in less than 24hours which I was really impressed by. We exchanged a few emails and I ordered a smaller back ring. Sent it back and got it returned in around a month.

20. MsBehaven

Verified Female

Local Time:
    This reads like you are trying to make excuses for their poor customer service without any evidence of your theory that the issue is English. This is not the first time I've dealt with international kink friendly sales and their English is significantly better than some others.

Their site is defaulted into English. It includes both imperial and metric measurement options. They spoke on the phone in English and we had a perfectly clear conversation. They state "Custom projects are welcome :)" which would necessitate a significant amount more communication than they provided on our order.

It was perfectly clear to me in the phone conversation that I had that at 20+ weeks (website estimates 8-14 weeks) that the order had not been started at that point. Having worked and had subordinates in customer service the conversation read to me as if the order was forgotten and was now in a bit of a panic scramble mode. They volunteered the adjusted time frame of creating the device the week we spoke and "shipping next week" and based on how I read the conversation we waited beyond that time frame before escalating further. But the situation at that point was the desire to give them every opportunity to deliver was bumping up against the point where you are just writing off the whole thing as you'd be out of potential disputable territory. I attempted to call them before we started the dispute, because I believe in giving people every opportunity to fulfill or explain an issue and repeated dispute filings have the potential to hurt their business and I am not interested in hurting their business.

I can assure you that I was not looking to build a relationship by making a 5 AM (my time) call to Poland. I just wanted to be sure that their end of the contract would be fulfilled. I gave my order number, asked for an update on its status, and verbally confirmed they had received the update that had been emailed to them. They followed up our phone conversation with an email confirming exactly the same thing on the same day.

Looking within this thread the delay has gone from 4 months to 6 months or more. This is a problem and it appears to be getting worse.

As to your earlier post stating it would "fit perfectly and is a special piece of art"... yeah that email and phone call confirming both verbally and via written email the measurement that had changed... didn't happen, so that's a no too. Because I am apparently a customer service masochist, I will give them the opportunity to address the issue. Realistically, I expect nothing. Its not a good look.

I am very happy that other than a 2 week past expectation delay you got exactly what you wanted. (you stated 4 months completion on your order) Had that happened to us, then I probably would be equally happy. However, that was not the case, and quite frankly the hand-waving excuse offering post rubbed me entirely the wrong way.

21. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    So sorry you’re feathers were ruffled, and your device ordering experience wasn’t the bed of roses it was meant to be.

I am certainly not offering excuses for them, I personally think if they cared more and got their shit together, they could be a major brand in this market and make a killing. But...what’s that saying about the definition of insanity? Something about keeping on doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

You ordered from a company that has been known for poor customer service and you didn’t get your dick cage in a timely fashion? Boo hoo, the world weeps for you.

Sorry I’m being so short, your post just rubbed me the wrong way too.

Apfel likes this.
  22. ctrledboy

ctrledboy Active member

Local Time:
    We were unaware that they had a reputation for having poor customer service until well after we’d already ordered. I don’t think I saw this thread until June of this year. Sure it was created in 2018, but sat idle from February until June. I also don’t think I even really looked at the devices section of this site for a long time. Rather I decided to order a Rigid Chastity device based on other reviews and recommendations on Tumblr. I guess I should have done a more exhaustive search of people’s experiences with them. Lesson learned.

That said the problem with them does appear to becoming worse. They’ve gone from generally 4 months to longer than that now. As my wife said if it’d been 4 months on a 3.5 month estimate I wouldn’t have thought much of it. In fact I did wait 20 weeks before I even sent them an email asking about status.

I do find it really strange that you’re basically saying “You should have known,” and seemingly trying to shut down conversation on a thread that’s basically people discussing their experiences. I.E. where someone would find out that maybe they shouldn’t order from this company. I shared my experience and dates so others would know.

I’d suggest you mute this thread if you’re tired of the subject, since you seem really tired of this subject. As opposed to posting another condescending post and thus not taking your own advice about doing the same things and expecting a different result.

23. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Condescending? Not really sure you understand the meaning of that word. See that was condescending. It was also ironic having to explain it.

You started this little conversation with me, about your ruffled feathers, and I responded with some ruffled feathers of my own.

But I will heed your advice about the insanity and unfollow this thread, this conversation, and wish you a good day.

24. sb78

sb78 New member

Local Time:
    Just my two cents about Rigid Chastity (RC)...

You want this special device.

-~*! BUT / ATTENTION / DANGER !*~-

You.

Must.

WAIT!

And you'll have to wait another very long time.

I've ordered my device in late December 2018. And it arrived yesterday, 2019/08/21 (which means almost nine months).

NINE f*ing months.

You can meet a girl and have children with her in nine f*ing months. You can build a house and live in it in nine f*ing months. You can change your job and earn one billion Dollars in nine f*ing months.

...or you order something at RC and wait nine f*ing months.

Just forget about communication. You will receive exactly NO answer to you questions regarding your order at RC.

~~~

On the other hand:

I've never had an item of such a perfect quality. It's just suberb. Fits me like a glove.

One more 2 cents (which adds to four cents)

You want to be locked up. Ultimately securely locked up.
    Thus, you have to WAIT until your weenie gets free again.

And you don't know when your weenie will get free again.

Order anything at RC.

And WAIT.

Some day may come when your item arrives.

But it will take time. And you'll have to WAIT.
    And there will be absolutely NO bit of communication during the time that

YOU MUST WAIT.

~~~

I'm ablolutely happy with my device from RC.

But did I already mention that

YOU.

MUST.

(f***************************ing)

WAIT.

? ;-)

Kind regards,
    Charly

ChihiroShibari likes this.
  25. Daniel976

Daniel976 New member

Local Time:
    So far its been 27 weeks. They predicted a 9-14 week Que to even start it. I have emailed and called and emailed and called. I make sure to check the time difference prior to calling. I have tried mornings, evenings, afternoons.

They have offered me 0 communication Via Email or answering the phone.

I am starting to think that I have lost the money I paid them. Its been over six months.

I was interested in some of the other models they offered and planned on ordering them once I had the first device in hand. I will NEVER deal with them again even if they returned all my money and sent the item on a private jet delivered to my door with funfair and a free trip to the moon.

Buyer beware.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice