Femquility - Female led eco-village

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by Mistress Watchful, Dec 2, 2009.

Random Thread
  1. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:41 PM
    Does anyone know anything about the Femquility project?

http://www.femquility.org/

Now, if only I knew someone who was qualified in aspects of the environment and sustainable communities who wanted to live in say Florida or North Carolina!

FREAKY!

Unfortunately it still sounds too good to be true.

2. chastityslavejohn

chastityslavejohn Mistress Irianna's pet

Local Time:
    10:41 AM
    hey wait a minute...W/we live in Florida...

3. valsboy

valsboy Active member

Local Time:
    Indeed... But, if anyone needs to make some money so they can buy into femquility - My cousin in Nigeria has a large amount of money (17 million) that he needs to get out of the country....

4. Fantasee

Fantasee Member

Local Time:
    valsboy... I kmow... I m trying to help him ;-)

5. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    1:41 AM
    Or, as I am fan of the goon show;

I will gladly offer anyone here 5 Pounds to move a Piano from one room to another :D.

I remember reading the whole site the first time I saw this, and I remember feeling that something was highly dogey. I don't think anythings changed.

6. Missy Tanya

Missy Tanya Senior Member

Pacific Northwest
    Local Time:
    8:41 AM
    Sounds interesting for sure. In fact I have a story that I wrote up after visiting that page. Got me thinking about all kinds of stuff. What if's??? But then the alarm went off and off too work I go..

Kind of wish, but most likely not happening. Missy Tanya

7. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    11:41 AM
    MW, I just checked the website and it APPEARS to be legit. Intentional communities are the 2000's code words for communes here in the US. Now that doesn't mean that this one is, but from the looks of it, at least Ms. Lisa has put a lot of work into creating her website so that's at least a positive.

The concerns I would have are the specifics of location, and who Ms. Lisa really is. The issue of location would be a big one as the southeast U.S. is a huge area and employment varies quite a bit depending on where you are. So unless this community has a way of self support it's going to require that folks have outside employment and if not, then the project will fail (which was a big problem for many of the communes).

Anyway, I think it's a great idea and I like the fact that people are at least thinking about projects like this. I'd love to see how it works out as there are so many fascinating things about this project that I find interesting both as a someone in the lifestyle and as someone who studies the way people interact in society.

8. montreal_cuck

montreal_cuck Junior Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    having lived in a female-led relationship for five years now, it is definitely intriguing to think of living in a community of like-minded people. A firm belief in female leadership, in the subservience of women in all aspects - not just sexual, in a community atmosphere would be amazing!

I already act very submissive towards my girlfriends'/KH's friends for example...but never in a way that can be truly called submissive. I always concede a point to them in conversations and acknowledge that they are always correct. But only her closest friend who knows our lifestyle understands that I am acknowledging her authority as a female.

I do wish that it could become more of a public and accepted thing, but unfortunately it's just considered "weird". A community like this would be a dream come true - but this website does indeed seem more like an outlet to the dream, to feel as if they are working towards it - even though it'll likely not ever happen, or is a scam altogether.

unfortunate really :(

9. slavehubby

slavehubby Senior Member

Local Time:
    3:41 PM
    I would love to live in a community with other likeminded couples. I find it very appealing. But we have good jobs so impossible now. I've looked at this site several times and find it very intriguing.

10. madamsboy

madamsboy Looking for a special female

Local Time:
    I have considered a similar concept (not for FLR though) but my thought was to have it near enough to major city that residents (members?) could easily commute to and from work, but still have space and privacy from outside eyes.
    I have scouted out land to do it with, but the lack of money has kept it from happening.

11. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    My main concern was that Femquility was originally started around 2006/2007 when there were a lot of responses in their group, after that it died off.

To the first couple of comments, I'm a fairly intelligent woman, I'm not about to throw money I don't have at something I know little about... but thanks for your votes of confidence in me, I really appreciate it. :fighting0030:

The main reason I bumped it was to start debate and also because I found it quite coincidental that one of the aims of the originators was to create a sustainable community based in FemDom, 2 things very close to my heart!

12. valsboy

valsboy Active member

Local Time:
    Sorry, my sense of humour gets me into so much trouble... waddamitaka imaka! :sex020:

13. RubberDuckDK

RubberDuckDK Mistress slave

Farmer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    5:41 PM
    Mistress Watchfull: I must admit that I visited the link and gave it some thought. I like the idea and had the same compelling feeling of an utopia I had when reading Huxleys "Island". Great book btw..

But.. This community (Femquility) is about female led relationships in general and not about sexual dominance. It sounds like a copy of the tribal relationships of Papua New Guinea and what makes female dominance in that society so special? I mean: Would it be as interesting if it was a socially accepted way of interaction between men and women? A mainstream thing? Is femquility just about doing something different? Something non-mainstream and would its potence disappear if it became reality?

Im asking because I honestly dont know. I believe that it would be a better world if the power relations were opposite their current state, but maybe thats just a naive dream. Maybe women would be prone to the same weaknesses as men and the same problems would arise. Maybe the dynamics of Ds arise because of exactly the current accepted idea of sexed power relations. What are your thoughts on that matter?

Well I -being in chastity- feel other and strangely feminime thoughts occurring in my mind and they are not destructive or deconstructive in any manner. I have yet many quiet moments to ponder that fact.

And while listening to Deep Purple, horizons and many thoughts are in sight. Great band..

14. montreal_cuck

montreal_cuck Junior Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    this raises an excellent point! Would we still want to submit to females in the way we do now, if that were the mainstream?

Happens to everyone for example that you find some obscure music artist that you like...and even more so because they aren't mainstream...then they hit it big and everyone loves them...all of a sudden you might like them a little less, because they aren't your secret little discovery anymore...not the best analogy but first that that popped into my head.

Personally, I think even if it were mainstream - I'd feel the same...but thats if it were to switch today. If I were born into a society of FLR and men had less rights than women...I think I would rebel against the system as those women did to get their status of equality.

I do think living in a community like this would be an absolute dream come true...as I said earlier, I already submit to all the women I interact with, not so obviously, but in little ways. I often imagine what it'd be like to have it be normal to have to kneel and kiss the shoes of each female you met as a sign of respect. I think even small little not necessarily sexual things like that would lead to an amazing life!

15. Ms Tinks wand

Ms Tinks wand Long term member

Local Time:
    I hate to burst bubbles here, but a female-led society would suck as much as a male-led society. It is like those idiots who spout rubbush about "listen to the children", I was bullied at school and I can tell you that kids are spiteful, nasty, amoral beasts unless adults give then very strong guidelines.

If you want utopia you need society led by intelligent, practical and caring leaders, and these come with and without penises attached but are very rare indeed. You need to be outwards looking, so an enclave on an island someplace with decline into tribal warfare, and you need to make every member of the society responsible for themselves and each other.

16. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Well

Woolly jumpers, lentils and birkenstocks and Lalafornia are not for me.

However I do approve of the general concept.

I wonder what their feedback has been ?
    Have you contacted them?
    Has anyone?

17. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Ouch at stereotype! I don't wear/eat/etc any of that, but then I don't wander round in black leather and pvc either...

I do agree that communities require a balance, and also diversity. Eugh - please don't make me delve back into the depths of that bleak estate in Reading!!!! Usually it excites me to revisit the strategies of sustainable communities, but it's not top of my list right now. LOL.

18. Rachel

Rachel Owned by Mistress Michelle

Local Time:
    sometimes you do MW

your friend
    rachel

19. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Yes, silly me, I was wrong. Bad Domme, go stand in the corner.

20. madamsboy

Local Time:
    :lol:

21. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Just makes me roll my eyes that Environmentalists or those who work in the Green areas are seen as some kind of hippy.

That's like saying all sissies wear pink frilly dresses.

And yes, of course I have traditional items in my Domme wardrobe, but the implication that those are the ONLY things Dommes should wear is just as ridiculous! :mad0235:

NEVER judge a book by it's cover!

22. madamsboy

Local Time:
    the closest thing Madam has to a "traditional" Domme item is her black leather skirt.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice