"Mature Metal" -Jail Bird Vs. "Male Chastity Now" -Contender

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by northern32, Feb 16, 2019.

1. northern32

northern32 Junior Member

Local Time:
    1:09 AM
    Folks:

I am looking to purchase a cage device and have been looking at the discussions here about the Jail Bird and the Contender.
    Both seem to get excellent reviews. I was leaning towards the Jail Bird. My wife likes the PA attachment of the Contender. (I have a PA piercing).
    Is there much difference between the two?
    How do they fit under clothing? (I have read somewhere that the Contender does not curve down as much and is visible under jeans.)
    Is the workmanship of the two comparable? (From what I have read, the service of both companies is fantastic.)
    Is "Male Chastity Now" in the US? I know that MM is, but I can't find where MCN is located.
    Thanks for your help.

EbonyToeAddict likes this.
  2. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    4:09 AM
    I like the weld aesthetics of the Contender better. I have a Jailbird. I think his polishing and welds are better. As good as the magical Dietmar in recent years’ purchases.

The Contender is lighter. It doesn’t draw down, or require a tight ring, or much support. The same sized Jailbird cage is heavier.

MaleChastityNow will get you your device more rapidly.

Even though they’ve made the Contender in 2014, they are still the “upstart” and are priced lower.

You can add the PA option later if you like. I did, and Mark got me the work returned back to me in a week. Amazing service.

MatureMetal is an excellent company. MaleChastityNow is an excellent company.

If you do want the PA option, you definitely want to go with the Contender. I prefer a fixed hook. Everything else is fiddling and pinches my flesh.

Don’t be afraid to email or phone Mark if you want extra customizations, or want to discuss fit. He’s very helpful and professional.

My Contender does not show under clothes at all. There really no difference in my mind.

MCN is in Seattle WA. He ships outside the US. He’s motivated to keep those costs low.

3. EbonyToeAddict

EbonyToeAddict Active member

Entrepreneur
    Texas, USA
    Local Time:
    3:09 AM
    Great post and feedback from @Peter Rabbit. They both indeed great companies. Mark at MCN has provided me excellent service. I have been wearing an Amicus almost 100% of the time. Have a Jailbird from Mature Metal. You can't go wrong either way. For me it would come down to atheistic.

4. northern32

northern32 Junior Member

Local Time:
    Folks:
    Thanks for your replies and opinions on the two devices.
    Both seem to be quality cages.
    I am now leaning towards the Contender, as it has the added feature of the PA lock. In an email to MM, I was told that I could lock a PA ring to one of the bars of the cage. My wife is not crazy about that. She likes the lock. Also, I wonder if that would have a tendency to twist and pinch.
    Thanks again.

5. Giveitup

Giveitup Long term member

Local Time:
    2:09 AM
    It's possible that he hasn't seen the thread, but @Nicoftime will confirm, I suspect, that using a captive bead ring through your PA, and around one of the bars on the Jail Bird is a sure way to get pinched! I am narrowing down on a few custom cages, after six cheap Chinese cages, both the Contender and the Jail Bird are on the list, so I asked him about them, knowing he had experience with them. If you want (or have) a PA, the Jail Bird is out. I think they're working on a PA cage, but for now, MM is ideal, so long as a PA isn't something you want. My $0.02 worth, after a lot of research.

6. northern32

northern32 Junior Member

Local Time:
    GiveItUp:
    Thanks for the reply. No, I hadn't seen the post by @Nicoftime . (I can't seem to find it.)
    Your comment about pinching confirms what I was thinking.
    It looks like it will be the Contender.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  7. JohnnyGalt

JohnnyGalt Member

Local Time:
    My Mistress and I went through living hell for a year before we found one that worked.
    Bought just about every one sold on Amazon, all of which were a waste of time and money. Not a one fit. Couldnt find one with a big enough base ring...

We next tried Bon4. We bought the optional largest ring they make (I forget the exact size...its in a box in Mistress's tool box)and while we did manage to get it on...it wasnt wearable more than a few hours, and impossible to wear while working at any kind of manual labor.

Our next move was the CB series again special ordering the largest rings they make. While is was possible, and I actually did, wear this device for a few days at a time, it wasnt comfortable...at all...and the cage broke after a few on and off cycles of wearing it...due to a reason Ill explain.

I require a large base ring. The one I have now is 2 7/16th. Not bragging or tooting my own horn here, but Im a big time grower. My package is huge, and the shaft is fairly small when soft. Believe me...I scared plenty of girls with it when it grows to full size.

This also lead to problems...its what literally split the CB cage wide open. She started teasing, and the CB failed. Ill add...it HURT like bitch when it happened too. Sharp edges of the broken plastic cut me. Even putting it on was a bitch. Using the "sock method" and a lot of effort..we were able to just barely squeeze it in. Took both of us working it...which was a turn off for my Mistress, as she wants to be able to put on and remove the device alone and without my helping her.

Next we tried one of the premade devices from Male Chastity Now. It had the options for larger rings...so that problem was solved, and the cage fit, and didnt break. The problem with it was...the angle on the cage was too sharp. It comes out at goes down close to 90 degress. It made the device uncomfortable for me...and also made it hard to avoid pissing on the ball sack. No amount of adjustment helped.

After that disaster..we added up all we had spent and realized...we would have been better off getting a custom one from the very start...we spent MORE on crap that didnt fit/work/fit.

We were very happy with the service Mark provided at Male Chastity Now, so we went with his full custom Contender.

Problem solved...after an entire year wasted.

Mark is simply fantastic! He answers all questions quickly, clearly and correctly. We had the custom made cage, and custom sized base ring....4 days after we ordered it!

Contender pluses..
    Fully customizable.

Nice open design, which was a requirement made by my Mistress, as she didnt want bothered to have to remove it daily for cleaning. The Contender allows you to wash everything very easy...no removal required at all! I simply use a soft bristled brush and soap to get everything clean...no problems..no need for Q Tips or anything else.

Easy to put on and take off.

Mistress has no problems installing the devise alone. Its simply two peices...and a screw. We got the extra high security screw option that has a hole drilled through it..so a tamper evident tag can be installed...which is all that needed.

Face it...no matter how "secure" the different makers of these devices claim they are...any Man with half a brain and a simple tool box is going to get them off....even without your Mistress or KH knowing it. Marks system is secure enough, and if the KH or Mistress records the tag number....she will know if you have cheated it off.

Strong. No way in hell will I ever break this bad boy!

Cons..

Its a little heavy...but not bad. Dont even notice after a few days.

The open design that pleases my Mistress so well, and allows easy cleaning..is also a drawback. When I get hard....it hurts! It hurts real fucking bad! As I said...Im a grower, and when I go from 1 3/4 to eight inches trying to push into the wire cage....OUCH!
    This may or may not be a con to some. My Mistress simply loves seeing me shutter and loves hearing me grown in pain when she teases.
    Myself? It just hurts!

I must note here...while very painful...it DOES NOT INJURE! Doesnt bruise or cut, mamie or mangle (at least not permanently)

Sorry about the long write up...needed to fill the blanks and give some background...

To sum it up...if you want a functional, easy to maintain, easy to install, affordable custom cage without having to wait 6 or more months to get it after you order it.....go with the Contender.

Galt.

corsac and Peter Rabbit like this.
  8. Fit To Be Tied

Fit To Be Tied Long term member

Retired
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thanks for the review / report. We are seriously considering the Contender and have contacted Mark. (Turns out we are more or less neighbors ... he's in Seattle).

Anyhow, did you get the ring assortment in order to obtain your measurements?

9. JohnnyGalt

JohnnyGalt Member

Local Time:
    Had a general idea from all our previous experience. We didnt need to get Marks kit. It wouldnt have helped us anyway...his kit doesnt go big enough for my size.

Take your time measuring. Do it three times....wait a day...do it three times..maybe go another day. Temperature, activity, etc all effect your measurements. Get a nice average.

Trust me...learned the hard and expensive way about this.

10. cshorts

cshorts Locked in love for SL

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    Here is the set of measuring rings recommended by Male Chastity Now: http://tinyurl.com/ketcarf

11. Fit To Be Tied

Fit To Be Tied Long term member

Retired
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
  12. northern32

northern32 Junior Member

Local Time:
    JohnnyGait:

Thanks so much for such a detailed report. Sorry for being so late getting back to you. I haven't been online in a while.

I have been locked in a tube via a PA, but have never tried a cage. We have ordered a cheap cage from China, and it should be here in a few days. I am waiting to try it on before we ultimately go with the Contender.
    My wife really likes the Contender, and we are sure that is the route that we will be taking when all is said and done. If we find that the cage works for me, we will probably be ordering the Contender with the PA attachment.

Do you have any issues wearing the Contender for long term?

If anyone can help, we have some questions about shipping.
    We live in Canada, and were wondering if anyone knows of any issues having it shipped from the states? Does Customs hold things up? Is there a Customs charge?

Thanks

13. cshorts

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    I'm in Contender 24x7, since 6 Feb. I really like it -- very comfortable, mostly don't notice its there -- except of course when trying to get erect. Some chafing with nocturnal and other thwarted erections but with baby oil gel, almost never. As I just posted on my status, I might have some edema right now, but if so seems likely that's due to sizing, not the design of the cage (tho can't be sure)

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  14. northern32

northern32 Junior Member

Local Time:
    cshorts:
    Thanks. It really looks like the Contender is the route to take. I am just being a little cautious and thought I would try a cheap one first. This may or may not work as it appears it did not work for JohnnyGait.
    The Chinese one should be here in a few days.

15. cshorts

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    There are some *very* experienced folks here (many years in full-time chastity) who are very happy with inexpensive Chinese cages they have. I suspect it takes a bit of luck -- without the custom sizing the fit is a bit of a dice roll. And the quality of the cheap cages apparently varies a fair bit -- rough, unpolished welds for example causing chafing problems. But they're inexpensive enough it's possibly worth it to try several and hope for the best. I have an A272 that works pretty well for me -- I much prefer my Contender (lighter, I like the open cage design, better fit) -- but I wore the A272 for about 2 months 24x7 with no serious problems.

16. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    I’m curious to know, what length did you order your Contender? I find mine light relative to Lori, Steelworxx and Mature Metal.

I was in a snug Contender for weeks and perfectly happy until my wife returned from travel and teased me. She gets me so aroused! I’m a grower as well. The cage did “hurt” but never damages me.

Anyway, I used some cyclist’s anti-chafing cream, Chamois Butt’r, and my pain settled quickly. I just hadn’t used it in a few weeks, as my skin settled in after being locked for a while. But her presence got me bulging and test the cage rods. The creme reduces the friction based pain.

You might try it. It’s kept me from any healthy or comfort issues over my last 20 weeks of wear.

17. JohnnyGalt

JohnnyGalt Member

Local Time:
    Ive been in it non stop for I forget how long...months now..or something. Has only been off when mistress wishes to edge me....then right back on.

I have no chafing, sores on anything like that. Since the weather is getting warmer now...Ive noticed it now sometimes pinches and pulls...just a little. Mistress tells me tough shit...deal with it. If and when any chafing or sore develop, or it starts getting in the way of my working and earning her money...she will deal with it. Got a hell of a beating just for bringing it up!

Still hurts like all fuck when I get hard...she still loves so I guess that means I do too.

So..yep. you can wear it long term, no problem. Even forever, which looks like thats how it is for me.

Watch what you wish for...you may get it but not the way you think!

I dont have a PA. Mistress may be taking me to get one this summer..so she tells me anyway, but may not..as the cage will have to be off while I heal. Ill see.

Mark can make the cage any size you need. He does charge a little for adjustments..but its very reasonable.

Cant help you with shipping to the great white north. Sorry.

18. northern32

northern32 Junior Member

Local Time:
    My Chinese Cage came yesterday. I am sure glad that I went that route first. It is too small. I can't fit all of "me" into it. I finally got it locked this morning, but I have skin coming out all over the place between the cage and the attachment ring.
    I found another one that I think I will order. It is a few mm longer and give that a try.

19. northern32

northern32 Junior Member

Local Time:
    My second Chinese cage arrived. Much better fit than the first one. Seems to be very comfortable so far. I haven't worn it at night yet though.

The first time I put it on, I used the stocking method. It pulled the tip of my penis through the end. It wasn't uncomfortable, but sure didn't look good. I put it on again today without the stocking. I now have about 1/2" gap at the tip. I just crammed everything I could into it. It looks a lot better, but now I have a pile of skin between the cage and the base ring.

Everything that I have read, says it should be a snug fit. I guess what I am trying to determine, is "What is snug?" I have been looking at different measuring suggestions, but I am still trying to figure out what is the best cage diameter.

What is the correct way to get the cage on properly? How tight a fit should it be? When flaccid, should the penis be able to move around?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

20. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    I really can’t help advise you with the limited information you provided. I scrolled up and didn’t see which are the first and second cages, or relative dimensions.

I sometimes get a pile of skin there too when I’m really aroused. Then it settles down. Put on clothes. Do other things. Then look in there to see.

Mark recommends up to a 1/8” gap in width. (I’ve reduced mine over the past five years so I have zero.) He recommends making the length so the tip rests at the end. Go see:
    http://malechastitynow.com/measuring.html

Don’t buy every Chinese cage available, eventually the cost adds up ;)

21. northern32

northern32 Junior Member

Local Time:
    PR:
    Thanks for the response. Sorry that I didn't include the links to the devices that I ordered. I have included links below.

The first one, was way too small. (Actually quite silly of me to even order it.)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Coc...662.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.f7b04c4dqTvTcv

The second one I can wear, but when I put it on I have a LOT of skin between the base ring and the cage. If I don't get all the way in, that is the way I stay. I don't go in further when fully relaxed. I wore it for most of the day, and I am so compressed in the cage that nothing moves.
    Also, when I take it off, there are areas where the skin is very pale, almost white from no blood flow. I don't think that I would be wanting to wear it long term.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/304-stainless-steel-cock-super-small-cage/391830058.html

Yesterday, I ordered a third one. This one is a little bigger diameter, and quite a bit longer. Hopefully this will be close, as, as you have said this can start to add up in cost. I have looked, but have been unable to find anything with a larger diameter online. That being said, it is 2 mm wider, and quite a bit longer. I am not so worried about the length, it is the width that I am trying to get right.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/chastity-device-for-men-metal-chastity-cage/398551434.html

I have been in contact with Mark and he has a different rule of thumb than Mature Metal. Mature Metal recomends that it be snug while Mark recommends the 1/8" space. I think I concur with Mark, (at least to start) as a bit of space will allow things to move around a bit inside when relaxed.

Thanks again for any suggestions that you can give.

Peter Rabbit likes this.
  22. cshorts

Bay Area, California
    Local Time:
    There are two different considerations: the more space, the more progress your penis can make towards an erection -- if you want to stifle erections, shorter and narrower is what you want. However, the less space, the greater the chance you'll develop edema, which is a health problem.

23. Peter Rabbit

USA
    Local Time:
    I’m glad to help. “Sorry” is not necessary!!

This sounds like a second hand Lori cage I wore once that was *way* too small. I ended up getting edema from it. You most definitely do not want that. Blood should flow through your flaccid member. You should not be turning white. I don’t think this is safe short term.

Also, I don’t like the feel of “flat bar” stock. Round rods are better.

Exploration is cheaper and more effective if you buy cock and shaft rings.

Mark recommends a third party that I have bought a number of things from as well: Male-Essentials.com
    You can get individual rings for $2-3 each. You can get an entire set of 20 rings for $22 that are 3/4” to 2-1/2” (19-64 mm) diameter. Here is a link to the page. http://tinyurl.com/ketcarf

Unlike paperweight chastity devices, cock and shaft rings are fun by themselves.

Haha. I’m not surprised you ended up buying a third device. I’ve been in your headspace. I understand.

Finding anything but 32 mm (1-1/4”) and 35 mm (1-3/8”) is difficult. Mark can make any size ring. Mark did make me a ring in-between sizes listed on his website to be to the nearest 1/16” (1.6mm). Early on I was most comfortable in a little longer cage, and a small gap in shaft width.

Don’t worry about all the fitting advice diversity. They are all “right”. Your desires may change with time too. Focus on getting a comfortable fit first though.

24. northern32

northern32 Junior Member

Local Time:
    PR:

I have a set of rings that I purchased from Mature Metal quite a while ago. Using the instructions that came with the rings, I would have probably ordered something way too small because of the snug fit suggestion. Of course "Snug" is relative. Is snug bulging out from all sides, or just touching? With Mark's instructions, there is a definite description. He says to have a 1/8" in gap. That I understand.

This last purchase was from China as well. I guess I have another month or so to wait to see how it fits.

I would imagine, that the right fit for me to start out with, would be: "Non-constricting, but not able to expand at all".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice