custom Red Chili device

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by bondinchas, Dec 3, 2016.

1. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    1:47 PM
    after having used many devices, both polycarbonate and metal, we eventually decided that the best option would be a custom sized genuine stainless steel device.

Steel was an important consideration for us, as it's impossible to keep clean and smell free in a plastic device without regularly removing it, and we both want lockup periods to be continuous. A regular release even if just for a quick clean, seems to be like saying you don't drink but you can have a beer once a week!

After looking at all the suppliers of custom built stainless steel cages, I chose Red Chili.
    I liked their different designs and choice of cages, and being in the UK I preferred that they were located in France.
    Before I ordered the cage I spent some time wearing my modified devices, a Curve and a CB2000 both of which I had shortened, with a selection of rings, so that I was quite sure about the size I needed.
    The cage I ordered was the Sissy Cage, it's the shortest in their range, after many devices I'm convinced that the smallest cage possible is the most comfortable, as well as being the most discrete.

I had some difficulty in deciding what the best base ring size would be for me, as a ring large enough to not be painful with an attempted erection, (an occasional early morning problem) was too loose the rest of the time, the smaller ring then being much more comfortable and better fitting. I worked out what the problem was by measuring my base diameter both front to back and side to side, when both soft and hard, and found that the side to side measurement in both cases was bigger. This wasn't what I expected at all, but made it sense with exactly where it hurt with the smaller ring when erect. I needed an oval base ring with the larger axis going side to side, which was not the usual option for an ergonomic shaped ring.

The device itself is well made, absolutely smooth and all the welds are well made. Time will tell if it's real surgical steel, I have no doubts as Red Chili appear to be a reputable company, but if you read my other posts youl'' know that I had some horrendous problems with cheap Chinese metal devices.

My dear wife keyholder loves it, as it's so smooth and clean looking, and it fits really well. (obviously that depended a lot on me getting the measurements right).

The only negative thing I can say is a minor thing. I would have preferred that the supplied padlock would lie flat centrally, rather than sticking out to one side. It was caused by the particular brand of padlock supplied, the width of the hasp is just smaller than the locking bar, so while the silver coloured lock is a better aesthetic match for the steel cage than a brass lock, in my view those aesthetics are spoiled by the lock having to point off to one side. We had a padlock that has a hasp just a few millimetres wider and that sits centrally in the conventional way.

That apart, I have no complaints (apart from the fact that after only three days, my other half is now confident enough to keep adding time! I've lost track, it's gone from about a month to over 3 now!)
    I would recommend Red Chili if you need a custom stainless steel device.

Sissygal, John, inneed77 and 2 others like this.
  2. bondinchas

UK
    Local Time:
    just to add... when I ordered the device with all the measurements, I asked for the base ring to be oval with the longer axis from side to side, the reply I received was that they'd never had that request before but it would be no problem, "it'll be fun to do" was the exact reply :)
    That's the sort of service I appreciate when ordering a custom device.

3. lockedUp24byKH

lockedUp24byKH Yes Dear...Right away.

Ireland
    Local Time:
    I still can't get the measurements right.

4. bondinchas

UK
    Local Time:
    Measurements: I'd recommend that measurements are made multiple times over many days or even weeks. It's a very variable part of the body and what might work in summer will be different in winter due to the cold!

The Base Ring. This is the most important one to get just right. The best way to find out the correct size of circular rings is to get a selection of ring sizes and wear each of them for 24 hours. Two ways of measuring yourself. The first is to use a string wrapped around to find the circumference, then do the calculation to find the diameter. Another check which I recommend is to find the thickness (diameter) both from side to side and back to front. If the two sizes are very different then you may need an oval ring. Do both measurements when both soft and erect, as if the ring is too small when trying to get erect it may be painful.

The Tube Diameter. This is fairly unimportant, you don't want it too tight or your skin won't lie comfortable, a little too wide isn't too much of a problem if the other dimensions are ok.

The Ring Gap. This wants to be as small as possible. To get the measurement, use two pencils, one in front and one behind your scrotum where the bottom of the rings would be. Hold them parallel and as close together as they'll comfortably go, and measure the gap. Add a millimetre or two.

The Tube Length. This needs to be much shorter than you think. Most men can push their penis right back inside their body cavity. If you can do this then you obviously don't need a very long tube. Your length will vary a lot depending on time of day, temperature and arousal. Take the shortest length and subtract at least 10 mm. The device will be much more comfortable and discrete if shorter, and you'll have far less problems trying to get erect. In a very short tube, you won't even start. In a tube that just a little longer blood will start to enlarge you then pain will increase with the arousal. Shorter is best.

Sissygal, John, Locked_In_LV and 2 others like this.
  5. Jan311

Jan311 New member

Local Time:
    2:47 PM
    How Sissy Cage work for long term ?

6. EbonyToeAddict

EbonyToeAddict Active member

Entrepreneur
    Texas, USA
    Local Time:
    8:47 AM
    I want a Lily! Congrats on the new cage.

7. bondinchas

UK
    Local Time:
    Really well. I've now had a couple of lockups of over 3 months, and since the New Year my wife has decided that I'm ready for a whole year!

John and Jan311 like this.
  8. alan13

alan13 Member

SoCal
    Local Time:
    6:47 AM
    I too wear a Red Chili Sissy cage. It has not been off for more than just a quick cleaning for over a year. Very comfortable, very low profile. Great device.

9. lassmichinruhe

Local Time:
    2:47 PM
    How about sleeping through the night with the sissy cage? I've always had the problem that I get really painful nightly erections.. It feels a bit like stomach pain...

10. alan13

alan13 Member

SoCal
    Local Time:
    6:47 AM
    I have not had a problem. Nightly erections do happen, but they quickly subside because of the cage. There is just nowhere to grow.

inneed77 likes this.
  11. Sissygal

Sissygal Active member

Singapore
    Local Time:
    9:47 PM

Hi Bondinchas,
    May I pm you with regards to measurements? I just paid for it but Alan has some doubts with the measurement.
    Thank you

12. Sissygal

Sissygal Active member

Singapore
    Local Time:
    9:47 PM
    Hi Alan13,

May I pm you too?

Thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice