Fantasists!

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Mistress Watchful, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:26 AM
    Without starting a huge argument I have to have a gripe!

Is it really REALLY necessary for people to lie about the lifestyle?

(Refers to two other sites, one chastity, one cuckolding!)

I understand that some people WANT the lifestyle but have problems getting there... but surely their energy would be better spent on finding a relationship that suits, going to clubs/munches, etc, rather than filling up websites with their fantasies.

Why does it annoy me?

Because I am a mere mortal, a normal woman. My bf asked me to get into chastity and be his Mistress. I started looking at websites to help me to learn... and all I see is "one day my wife suddenly turned up in leather boots and a whip and forced me to wear a chastity device for 3 weeks straight whilst she fucked her gorgeous Bull who was my best friend!"

I know I should realise a lot of them aren't true, but it messes with my head.

Maybe I'm just jaded and bitter, but after 3 years having still not found a decent device, still not being able to gain any control over my submissive for any length of time, and now not being able to have the "ultimate cuckolding experience" I can't help but feeling pissed off at them.

Why can't people just tell the whole freaking truth! I'd have much more respect! :spider:

2. boundmonkey

boundmonkey Junior Member

Local Time:
    1:26 AM
    Hmm. It's not just chastity / cuckolding, people talk shit on the Internet all the time. A nameless, faceless place for the most part where they are pretty much unaccountable for their actions.

3. ladylionzsissy

ladylionzsissy male chastity sissymaid

east coast
    Local Time:
    9:26 PM
    i feel there are many more who fantasize about the lifestyle than practice it, and these are the ones who want to 'get off' with the help of alternate websites. and i also feel there are those who realize what the lifestyle would really mean to practice it, and maybe fantasies are the best way to prevent that from happening!

4. tomf_22033

tomf_22033 Long term member

VA USA
    Local Time:
    MW, it's not just BDSM where people make up stuff. I've been into cars and photography all my life and those areas are also terrible for people talking about things they don't know about and making things up. Add the "safety" of the Internet and being able to be home and live a virtual life and it can be really bad.

I"m sure after 3 years in the lifestyle you can now usually figure out pretty quickly who are the people who are real and who are fakes. What stories are real and what are fake.

As far as telling the truth, I'm not sure why people don't, but suspect they don't feel like they're lying or not having real experiences. In other words to some, online is "real" which I don't fully agree with. To me there is a very real difference between "meeting" people online and in person. Now don't get me wrong, I think online serves many purposes, but I'm pretty much like you in that I think there is a bunch of nonsense online and simply ignore it.

As far as munches, groups, etc. I think most people are too scared to leave the safety of their home and computer to go to a munch, club, or event. I can't count the times, that I've had people say that they just can't do it. I've never understood this as a munch has to be the safest thing someone can do to meet people in the lifestyle. Meet a group in a pubic place for a bite to eat. How bad can that be? If you like them you stay and have a good time, if not you pay your bill and leave.

Of course, I must admit it was tough for me in the beginning as it was before anything of any significance existed on the Internet. I never heard of a munch, so the only way to find out about the lifestyle was through alternative papers. So my first event was at a BDSM club which I still remember like yesterday. The cool thing was that it was great as the first people I met were amazing and friends to this day. The helped guide me and introduce me to others. I miss that. Sadly that club is gone, and I've since moved a great distance away. But I have many more friends and while I can't do as much as I'd like, I do what I can when I can. In your case, I've watched your journey for the last year or two and must say that I'm very impressed. You've come a long way and will continue to as you're attitude is wonderful. Please remember something someone told me a long time ago which has really helped me in all of my life, "Don't judge your inside by others outside." In other words, be true to yourself and don't try to be like others as you don't really know what they're thinking and what problems they have. Be happy for all the good you have and how far you've come and don't worry about others. (and yes they can be annoying at times)

5. chaste777

chaste777 chaste777

Local Time:
    LOL!!!

Yes, I have long since wondered how many of the so called "letters" at the back of "Forum Magazine" are real or some man's fantasy?

I openly admit to being single at present and on the look out for a keyholder, lovely enough to help keep me chaste 24/7.

6. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Member

Local Time:
    Actually, yes, as far as I am aware ALL the letters at the back of Forum are 'made up' - as in written by journalists of sorts - in fact, many years ago, Alastair Campbell used to do some of it !:confused0068:

7. Miss D

Miss D Expert In Femming

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:26 PM
    MW, I usually assume almost all of the entries I read are at least partly based in fantasy. Of course, there are several good exceptions. But it takes time to establish which people are telling true experiences and which are just making it up. Many writers can't help but end up going overboard eventually and exposing their writings as fantasy material.

My experience has been that most true-life situations come out a little tame and in an effort to give a little pizzazz to the story, some embellishing is needed. So, if you accept that most of what you read may be embellished a little or even just pure fantasy then there is no confusion.

I suppose pictures and video add an aura of reality but the few people who are really telling the truth seldom want their pictures spread all over the internet. I've been curious about this for quite some time - if I wrote about an experience but didn't include proof in the form of pictures or video, would anyone believe what I wrote?

I would love to hear other's thoughts on this subject. How much should we demand reality? How much should we expect proof? Is it rude to challenge a person's writings for being fantasy when it is portrayed as reality?

A very good question MW!

8. PuppyMastersPet

PuppyMastersPet Long term member

Local Time:

Over the years I have read plenty of stories and the so called experiences of other people and have found that far too much embellishment goes on. Lately I seem to read the same old thing ‘my mistress put me in chastity and locked me up and plans to keep hold of the keys for months’ bla bla. You don’t hear about the time it takes to get used to a chastity device and all the real life stuff in between. For people new to the lifestyle it’s a mine field which sucks you in and makes chastity and a lifestyle relationship out to be the be all and end all and not only that it makes it sound all so easy.

I can say with all honesty my diary is an exact account of events both good and bad. I can only hope that people may gain something from reading about my own experiences.

If only there we’re more like most of the people on this site who give up there time to share their real life experiences. This site is the best out there and I haven’t come across another where I have felt so comfortable.

9. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    I don't get particularly frustrated when someone's writing smacks of obvious fiction. I just give it all the attention it deserves - IE: none. I just move on and read something else. There are too many people in the kink community who get their rocks off pretending to be something they're not. Many of them also thrive on the negative attention from naysayers. In either case, it's a call for attention from someone whom I have no interest in, so I give them none.

mikecb

10. Michsubhusband

None
    South Portland, Maine
    Local Time:
    more fiction then facts -
    unfortunately You are like me wishing there was more facts then fiction
    :innocent0002:

11. chastityslavejohn

chastityslavejohn Mistress Irianna's pet

Local Time:
    8:26 PM
    that's why i stick with Chastity Mansion...i see lots of honesty here and little fiction. i gave up on those other sites.

12. chaste777

chaste777 chaste777

Local Time:
    Well, we all knew he was a bit of a w....

13. TCFun

TCFun Long term member

Local Time:
    Woohoo to that Charlotte. You and MW have definitely defined this site for real people to discuss real issues. I for one only post factual accounts of my life, with all the ups and downs, and there have been quite a few downs, but the support of all the real people here help get you through those times.

:party0002:

14. sandman9355

sandman9355 Junior Member

Local Time:
    3:26 AM
    Now... I have nothing against fantasies, as such. I've *enjoyed* many fantasies. I even enjoy making some up. I wouldn't want to live without them.

But I hate it when I read something I'm 99% sure is fantasies/lies/bullshit/worse and the author pretends it is all true. Why can't they admit they're talking out of their @&$#? I think I'm reasonably intelligent, and I do have some experience, so I'm mostly able to filter out the rubbish, but it gets sooooooo tiring. I can't imagine a vanilla human reading a random sampling of most T&D/chastity/etc. forums and not being scared/disgusted/enraged/whatever.

My beloved is OK with the occassional denial, and she's learned that I can enjoy both reaching the peak and not doing so. I'm not living in hardcore denial (and I wouldn't want one anyway) but she's accepted this kink of mine and likes it. But I'd never dare introduce her to this by asking her to look for information on this online. I *know* she'd have freaked out, because so many things online seem to have been written by insane.

So I'm joining this rant. Damn, some days I almost wish for the crazy things so many people describe on the 'net to actually *happen* to those people, so they'd be taught a lesson.

15. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    for the benefit of some of us newbies to this world is there any chance someone might give a few actual examples of what you mean? i know being new myself i read posts on this and a few other sites and i haven,t got enough experience yet to recognise the fantasists as you seem to be able to do. I expect you are right in what you say but can you give us a couple of examples? thanks

16. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Ohhhh - can of worms!

I wouldn't dare post any specifics because I don't want a flame war between us and other sites!!! And I recommend other's to do the same.

There are a few tell tale signs though:

When someone can recall a lengthy conversation... word for word...
    When someone suddenly wears chastity for more than a week without mentioning how difficult it was to adjust to! (It can happen, but not often!)

BUT

Sometimes it does happen, people do meet and suddenly get into BDSM and it's all magical... but like any relationship there are downs as well as ups!

I'm not having a go at those who do relate their life stories through rose tinted glasses - only those who say they've done all these things, and they've been perfect, and there was never EVER a problem!

Even our most experienced D/s couples here have had some hiccups! And they're not afraid to tell it how it is. And that's why I love them all very much! :CMrocks:

17. madamsboy

madamsboy Looking for a special female

Local Time:
    I read it on the internet therefore it must be true

18. 11lives

11lives Sub, searching

Local Time:
    I ahve found that most people on certain sites are total fakes. ALT is the biggest disapointment I hope that there are real people here.

Looking for a real key holder that is wanting to own and keep.

19. chaste777

chaste777 chaste777

Local Time:
    Thanks for the warnng! I did think about parting with my cash at ALT, but have since joined other sites including this one.

20. chaste777

chaste777 chaste777

Local Time:
    It took me a while to get used to the CB-2000, the CB-3000 and the CB-6000. Although when you do finally get a good fit, it is lovely as it makes wearing it long term more comfortable.

21. chaste777

chaste777 chaste777

Local Time:
    And of course, then there's Second Life! That is one major can of wibbly worms all of its own!

22. Mistress Watchful

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Guys - can we not mention other sites specifically please?!

I'm sure everyone gains certain things from each site. There are sites I just don't get on with (Second Life being one of them - lol) but other's love them to bits!

This post is about the people, more than where they post.

We do have the odd fantasist turn up here, but they don't last long because we're all good at spotting them and don't pander to their whims! They just move on to the next site.

23. Michsubhusband

None
    South Portland, Maine
    Local Time:
    "Call me TWAT"
    or MW
    MW is right She started this thread to talk about people's stories are they fiction or non fiction

so let's forget other sites

24. madamsboy

madamsboy Looking for a special female

Local Time:
    I too tried second life for all of 15 minutes before I said too complex for me

25. her_pantyboy

her_pantyboy Active member

Construction
    Fort Laudedale
    Local Time:
    that's why we have stuck with Chastity Mansion...we see lots of honesty here and little fiction. we also have given up on those other sites.

for us it hasn't been all that, but i am going to do everything to impress my Keyholder.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice