Getting back to basics and the original Chastity Mansion charter

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by L-u-c-y, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    9:20 PM
    Sad but true. Though many of such sites are a waste of time! But I'm not sure how it is possible to stop it completely. But on CM as a general rule I've just taken people at face value and they have (I hope!) me. And it seemed to have worked, on the whole, Mascara excepted of course!

2. RangerCuck

RangerCuck Long term member

Local Time:
    4:20 PM
    There are several subreddits on reddit where they require verification posts for anyone posting to them (they're mainly the NSFW type subs). Most of those where females post require verification, and if you make a post before verifying they'll take your post down. Guys use to post stolen images all the time before that became a thing, and it has cut the fakes down to less than 1% of the total number of posts in most subs. The moderators here may not want to get that heavily into the logistics of it, but it is an option if they chose to go that route.

3. Joroincharge

England
    Local Time:
    30000+ members and the admin I don't think worth the hassle. But I might make an exception for the 'seeking and soliciting' section where it can be important for a member to know with whom they are about to be dealing!

Goddess Gaia and RangerCuck like this.
  4. Chaste_Virgin_1971

Chaste_Virgin_1971 New member

Local Time:
    10:20 PM
    I fully agree

5. El Guapo

El Guapo Ladies First.

Estados Unidos
    Local Time:
    3:20 PM
    A few thoughts ...

1. I certainly dont mean any disrespect, but I chuckled when I saw the 'Verified Female'.
    If it brings piece of mind, I would willingly submit proof that I am not a female.
    How do I do that?

2. I encourage all individuals to make their own choices & bring what they want into their lives and relationships. To each their own. I embrace all to share what is in their hearts and minds while also acting accordingly both publicly & privately. I am tolerant of many questionable behaviors but a lack of respect is where I must draw the line.

3. Those examples of posts (timestamped 5:03) I find beyond disrespectful. I might suggest the Admin Team summarily delete such posts when chanced upon. [probably already happening]. If I might be so bold to say - such people might be given a 'shot across the bow' as a warning, then, upon recidivism, banned. Of course they'll probably just show back up under another pseudonym. And who decides what is 'too offensive'? Not so simple when you stop to give it a think.

I dont say this out of righteousness ... I say this coming from a foundation built from common sense & common courtesy.

L-u-c-y likes this.
  6. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    my thoughts exactly. and what is to support the authenticity of such claims? particularly in light of recent events. one would have to be quite dumb to have any blind faith in these so called verifications or anything from the IOT. and to what end do they serve any purpose? Ok Lucy is a female. Now what? Why does that matter?? And without a doctor performing a medical exam, and posting it for all to see. . . do we really 'know' ?? No. No we do not.

Ma'at Rebekah, Breathe and El Guapo like this.
  7. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    2:05 AM
    I’m sad to realise that I fall under the type of account that is seen as likely to be fake. I am locked by my Wife who I talk about regularly but who isn’t an active member of the Mansion. She has no interest in posting anything even though she wasn’t chased off of the site by anyone. She barely does social media at all. Recently she discovered I had a twitter account and had no idea about it or any idea why I wanted one. I’ve been on twitter since it started. She is on Facebook but that is it, no Flickr, no instagram, nothing.

I’ve tried to keep my journals as truthful as possible. My crime is more of omission than of making things up. There have been occasions where Elle has done some pretty amazing things to me but I’ve felt it sounds too much like fantasy and left it out.

Lucy, we have had our disagreements in the past but I am glad they were resolved. It turns out that you are being an excellent Mod and possibly the person who can really save the Mansion from falling apart.

As for the idiots posting the disrespectful comments I’m not sure they even deserve a shot across the bows. Even if they are warned and follow the edict they do not have opinions that match the ethos we would wish to encourage.

Goddess Gaia, El Guapo and L-u-c-y like this.
  8. Beck

Beck Banned

Local Time:
    Why should respect have anything to do with gender?

the odd tease, Breathe and Nicoftime like this.
  9. LesterBallard

LesterBallard Long term member

Management
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    in reality it doesn't. But on a site such as this, with its underlying ethos, it's kind of obvious...

Goddess Gaia and HeForHer like this.
  10. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    while banning someone won;'t necessarily stop them re-joining with another username, what it will do is mean that those who joined a longer time ago will have gained some "respect" by having survived and not having been banned.
    There could be other limitations placed on recent joiners, like not being able to post images or links until they've made a certain number of posts and/or have been a member for a certain length of time and/or have received a number of likes for posts they have made. I've found that those types of restrictions work quite well on other forums. They also seem to work better if the members don't know exactly what the restrictions are!

11. FullMoon

FullMoon My dick's in a cage

United States
    Local Time:
    I'm not sure if I belong on this site. Me and my GF are both switch... sometimes she commands me to dominate her, lol. I'm new and getting into chastity... this is the 2nd post I see about what is appropriate and what isn't on this site... now it's clear to me this is a site about male chastity and male being the sub, and the woman being the dom... whereas before I assumed chastity mansion was just all things chastity. I guess I need to find another place to hang.

12. L-u-c-y

Staff Member Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Verified Female

Oxford, England
    Local Time:
    Or you could stay and just discuss the parts of your relationship that are relevant to the site :)

13. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    Not a lifestyle (whether by choice or genetics) that appeals to me but it does appear that it might be far easier to find people with similar or compatible interests on the internet if you are a gay male.

Even though a lot of them are apparently busy posing as women.

14. Waterdisport22

Local Time:
    1:20 PM
  15. Joroincharge

England
    Local Time:
    I don't think there are that many gay men on CM (or at any rate posting as such). But I don't see a problem with them being here and posting re their chastity plans/experience.

16. RangerCuck

Local Time:
    The men posing as women are not gay men. Almost universally, they're straight with some latent bisexual tendencies.

Goddess Gaia likes this.
  17. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:20 PM
    All this seems good to me, though I can see practical difficulties around verifying gender remotely. It would be good to keep this place sane and sensible.

18. demale

demale Long term member

Semi-retired
    Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    How do you know this?

19. RangerCuck

Local Time:
    I was a police officer for most of my life, and spend a lot of that time as a forensic writing analyst/investigator.

20. demale

demale Long term member

Semi-retired
    Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    Sounds like an ideal skill for this website. So how do the forensics work in identifying the deceptions?

21. RangerCuck

Local Time:
    Well, there've been entire books written on the subject. lol Basically, what it boils down to, though, is that men and women write about sex and sexuality differently (based on the way they react to sex biologically and emotionally). So if you know how men write and how women write then it becomes rather easy to pick out what gender someone is from their writing style (including things like the rhythm, phrasing, timbre of the words they use, choice of words, grammatical patterns, etc.). It's not 100% (nothing is), but we were accurate around 90-93% of the time (of course, in many of those cases we had additional factors that would figure into the determination).

What I like to do (for lack of a better phrase) is to pick out how many profiles some people create on forums I'm in. You'll get one guy pretending to be a female, and shortly thereafter another one or two "women" will show up. Almost invariably, it's the same person with different profiles (sometimes that can be confirmed by a moderator who can check IP addresses, though the smarter ones will use VPNs to change those up if it's that big of a deal). They start out writing as differently as possible to make them seem like different people, but over time they screw up and forget which persona they're writing as. So you can watch for things like the same unique word misspellings, same word selections to describe certain things, same use (or lack of use) of punctuation, same grammatical errors, etc.

In many places, in reality, it just doesn't matter. I don't care if people pretend to be something else online. But in situations where money is being exchanged, or meetups are being planned (especially for situations where personal safety is an issue, such as what we might experience with users here on CM, personal ads on Craigslist, etc.), then it is a big deal. Sometimes being catfished is benign, but sometimes people get raped or killed when they meet up with someone they think is someone else.

Achedlock17, Beck, Breathe and 3 others like this.
  22. HeForHer

HeForHer Active member

Finance
    Toronto, Canada
    Local Time:
    This. The fake profiles tend to seek to legitimize the obviously fake stories by jumping on the bandwagon. I recently noticed what I felt was an obvious fake thread created by a 'female' member (mentioning no names so I'm not accusing directly). Very quickly another 'female' member jumped in and they had a highly charged conversation with the sort of 'LOCK EM UP!' gusto that only a male fantasist could display and not a supposedly 'vanilla wife curious about male chastity' as claimed. Interestingly, a casual look at both their postings history displayed very similar mannerisms in their tone and sentence structure. Even using the same phrases etc. So what we most likely had here was a fantasist having a two-way conversation with himself in this thread, filling the forum up with nonsense. Sad.

Breathe, Nicoftime and RangerCuck like this.
  23. demale

demale Long term member

Semi-retired
    Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    Sounds intriguing. You should be a moderator -- if you haven't been already.

24. RangerCuck

Local Time:
    lol Well, I haven't been here long enough to be elevated to that level. And besides, this is one of those groups where it's best (IMO) to have females in control. ;)

Goddess Gaia and Nicoftime like this.
  25. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    You could, however, report this example to Staff.

Goddess Gaia and Breathe like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice