Voting in Emlalock - does it sidestep games?

Discussion in 'Online chastity and self locking' started by williebking, Jul 16, 2018.

1. williebking

williebking New member

Local Time:
    3:27 PM
    Im playing around with several sessions of Emlalock, trying to figure out all of the elements before I put myself into a 2 month plus session. I want to know that everything works as I plan it. I want the games to be mandatory, and the prime way of advancing time, along with the whim of voters. Ive disabled all games but voting and WoF. The problem here is that voting is a game, so it is easy to sidestep the punishments of the wheel, as you arent likely to get punished voting, or can avoid it altogether by looking at a session and finding one that doesn’t have a possible retaliation (cant think of the name) so games are easily sidestepped. I am trying one now where i disabled voting to avoid this, but now it seems that others cant vote on this session, eliminating that function. This all seems to be badly designed. The voting needs to be a separate element from games, or maybe give three options if included as a game. 1. Can vot both ways, 2. Can’t vote either way, 3. Cant vote on others but they can vote on you.

Thoughts? Am i missing something about voting here?

2. bob2018

bob2018 Active member

England
    Local Time:
    7:27 PM

3. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    we tired of Emlalock not working properly the lack of communication was a factor as well and so abandoned it.

I had been locked and denied for around a year i forget now and they screwed it up and they more or less wnated us to start again.

4. williebking

williebking New member

Local Time:
    Im pretty sure that it does. That has been what ive been watching. When you vote it counts toward a game played. I will have to double check but need to finish this current messed up session before i can recheck.

5. bob2018

bob2018 Active member

England
    Local Time:
    I checked before I posted and voting didn't change the number of games required.

6. williebking

williebking New member

Local Time:
    Okay, good to know. Thanks for checking. That will change up the whole thing in a much better way.

7. bob2018

bob2018 Active member

England
    Local Time:
    I will check again. I've used all my games today and the voting option has vanished, so voting and games a linked.

8. -Ajax-

-Ajax- Member

Engineer
    At Sea on EEE-class container ship
    Local Time:
    8:27 PM
    It will depend.... I know for sure that it will count if you get time added by risk. I was in a session where I could only play WOF or Vote and had to do 3 games a day. There was a particular task on WOF that I was avoiding, so I did voting instead, but seemed to only count on the votes that resulted in me getting time added through vote risk.

-Ajax

9. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    dont anbody thats in emilock want anybody to vote cos i like doing it now. :)

10. bob2018

bob2018 Active member

England
    Local Time:
    My keholder has just instructed me to play all the games available in rotation so there is no avoiding the ones I don't like.
    I think It's an excellent idea.

11. bob2018

bob2018 Active member

England
    Local Time:
    I've just checked again and Ajax is correct.
    Voting counts as a game but only if time has been added because of risk voting.

12. Silent-tie

Silent-tie Member

Local Time:
    So recently I was locked into a session in Emlalock. I specified that I must play at least 3 games and day and no more than 5, and enabled all games including voting. You can specify "Risk voting" which means that there is a risk that when you vote for someone (Add, Subtract or Random) then you'll actually add time to your own session. You can specify the risk level (I think I selected 20%) and the amount of time added to your own time comes from the amount of time that people can add or subtract from you. (which in my case was 1 day).

So you could vote to subtract 10 minutes from someone and end up with a 20% chance of adding a day to your own time. (Risk voting will only ever add time to your time, never subtract it.

When I voted, every vote counted as a game played, so I could vote for three people and this would cover my allocation of daily games played. I tended to feel that I got time added to my session more often than the 20% level I selected.. I know it's random but I seemed to get a day added every day by just voting for three people, and on one day got hit with an extra day twice!

So I don't think it sidesteps the game element, I think if you make the penalty harsh enough, and the risk great enough you could fine it quite frustrating..

Hope that helps

ST

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice