Sleeping Issues

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by NewlyLocked49, May 30, 2018.

1. NewlyLocked49

NewlyLocked49 Member

Local Time:
    8:49 PM
    Hi all! I'm still new to all of this, but am enjoying things so far. During the day, I have no issues and things are very comfortable. But I'm really having issues sleeping, which is causing me problems at work because I'm not getting enough sleep.

Can anyone give me some ideas on how to get a better night's sleep while wearing my cage? I really don't want to have my gf remove it at night as we are both enjoying keeping me locked up 24/7. But at the same time, I need to be able to focus when I'm at work, which I'm having issues with due to lack of sleep.

Help! :)

2. Cuckster

Cuckster Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    1:49 PM
    I'm having similar issues. Like yourself very new to it.
    I think it will just take some time to adjust.
    The body's ability to adapt to change is miraculous. With perserverance you'll cope with this.

I have found that once I'm asleep I'm fine. The difficult part is dropping off to sleep in the first place.
    There are 100% natural herbal medications available in all the major supermarkets to help with this.
    This is what I'm using for now, but I'm hopeful that soon I won't need it.

Nothing worthwhile is ever easy. Just be extra careful & vigilant at work while you adjust.

3. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    It does take a while to get used to .
    Going to bed earlier might help.
    and sleep is not the only way to get proper rest.

4. chasteta

chasteta Active member

Local Time:
    5:49 AM
    I just spent a night in mine and woke up every hour or so, I maybe got 5 hours collectively of sleep.

I'm planning on doing the same tonight, and tomorrow night. I've read to some degree sleeping caged is just something you have to become accustomed to.

When I first started chastity I could only wear my cage for a few hours before it became too uncomfortable for some reason. Over time my body adjusted and I could wear it for 8 hours straight every day without issue. Then 8 hours turned to 10, and eventually 16-18 (i.e. all waking hours). It's an incremental process. Now with overnight wear I am experiencing the same sort of discomfort but I believe this too will pass.

5. NewlyLocked49

NewlyLocked49 Member

Local Time:
    What about sleeping without laying down flat, like maybe in a recliner? Has anyone tried that? I'm just brainstorming ideas here. :)

6. Sub40s

Sub40s Active member

Montreal Canada
    Local Time:
    8:49 AM
    I sleep in mine since about 3 weeks... first 2 nights were though...

Recliner works well... I didn't slept a night in a recliner but noticed during a nap that I almost forgot I wear a cage when I woke up.

The hardest is to stop the brain from spinning... Especially if it gets in an erotic spiral... since you can't JO to release it and pass on...

Keep trying, you'll manage to get good night od sleep while locked...

7. Cuckster

UK
    Local Time:
    I don't sleep lying flat anyway, so can't really speak to that. Foetal position seems to work OK.
    Sub40s is right though, it's a mind thing. Not even erotic thoughts or any physical discomfort, just an awareness that the device is there and falling asleep may be difficult. Once you start to think about it, it's more and more difficult to sleep. But it's only been a couple of nights and wearing the device still feels strange. I'm hoping in time I'll get more used to it and back onto a normal sleeping pattern.
    As far as discomfort goes it's been fine for the most part, except for some occasional pinching. I've changed my posture when sitting down, at my desk or wherever, and it's getting much better.
    I woke up with an erection this morning for the first time which was pretty painful. I actually think it was the pain which woke me. Just a case of toughing it out. Thankfully it didn't last too long. Again, the more you start thinking about it, the worse it becomes.
    What I'm learning is that wearing a chastity device is really all about the mind.

8. chasteta

chasteta Active member

Local Time:
    For me compression shorts also helped a lot. They kept the whole package closer to my body and minimized rideout. Honestly what woke me up was the pain in my shaft, not in my balls. Just more confirmation my cage is too wide and needs to be narrower to stifle growth.

If I laid on my back, put my legs together, and put my whole package on top (between my legs) that seemed to work best for being able to fall asleep.

9. Thatguyontheinternet

Thatguyontheinternet Owned by Thatgirl

Florida
    Local Time:
    Sleeping is always tough. Even after doing this for a couple of years I still woke up many nights with the consequences of caged erections. Mine never seem to go away unless I get up and go sit on the bathroom. After coming back from a hiatus of several months it’s been even worse. It does get better, but for me never stops being an issue. Stubborn body I suppose. But I’ve always been a poor sleeper so it hasn’t effected me too much in my day to day life. Best advice I could give is just to grit your teeth for now. It will get better to one degree or another.

Rectrix and chasteta like this.
  10. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    sleeping in the fetal position seems to help somewhat for me.

11. luckyhubby83

luckyhubby83 Long term member

Local Time:
    7:49 AM
    make sure your ring isnt too tight. for me 45mm ring was impossible to sleep in. and i mean impossible.
    i used my lathe to open up the steel ring to 47.5mm and it fits like a glove and cant remember the last time i woke up at night. stick with it and you will train your body to not wake up any more.
    I also have a fairly high pain threshold so that could also factor into how often one wakes up even after wearing it a while.

i have been pretty much locked 24/7 since mid February.

12. her knight

her knight Active member

Indiana
    Local Time:
    When I wore a round ring, sleep was impossible, went to the oval style, sleep like a baby now. If you have a round ring, try the oval.

Rectrix and NewlyLocked49 like this.
  13. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Local Time:
    Full time 24/7 wearing take a little time so as to avoid chaffing or soreness that would be set backs. Increase hours slowly and then overnights the 24/7 etc. plenty of lube.. the amount of lube needed over time.

But really the less you need to be getting in and out the better until you have reached the point where your KH is dictating release dates and not your delicate skin.

14. supermario77

supermario77 Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    agreed on the compression shorts, they make everything easier

15. NewlyLocked49

NewlyLocked49 Member

Local Time:
    I am trying this for the first time this evening. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion...

16. chasteta

chasteta Active member

Local Time:
    Unfortunately after the 2nd night I'd developed edema on my shaft that was bad enough to make me take a break.

Additional proof I need a narrower cage, I don't think I'll try overnights again until I'm in something new.

17. Mr M

Mr M Find yourself, find peace; find others, find joy.

Professional
    Florida, USA
    Local Time:
    I found a cage that the tube is small enough to prevent stastained erections. Not to the point of circulation issues, just not oversized. The tube is also a shape that is comfortable when I do get hard.

I was told that too long of a tube did this, so I did try short and too short, both again very uncomfortable with night erections.

Generally getting the tube diameter, shape and length right is important. Recently my best fit plastic cage broke and my return to the heavier metal cage also revealed differences in comfort and sleep.

When I first chatted in CM I thought guys were obsessed with cages, buying and trying so many. What I discovered is that they were smart to experiment and find the right combination of demensions to be comfortable. If you can’t sleep, try a new cage... stop the suffering.

18. Cuckster

UK
    Local Time:
    For the last few nights now I am sleeping like a baby:cool:
    Long may it continue:lock:

19. supermario77

supermario77 Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I've also switched to a birdlocked pico which has a bit of flex in the tube, far more comfortable to sleep in as opposed to plastic or steel.

20. NewlyLocked49

NewlyLocked49 Member

Local Time:
    Thank you so much for this advice. I'm still waking up a couple of times a night, but that's a heck of a lot better than the 5 or 6 times I was waking up before. Thanks!

Rectrix likes this.
  21. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Local Time:
    It is inevitable that one of the main topics on this and probably all other sites related to male chastity their will be predominantly male discussion about cages and belts. We are all different and all seeking the ONE cage that does everything we and our partners want, the material, style, quality of manufacture, suitability for long term wear with and without removal etc etc and of course not forgetting aesthetics after all our partners have to look at them and on this our own input might be allowed some bearing too.

Talking about them may help others not make what potentially for them might be an expensive and unwanted purchase or might guide them to a device that might be nearly perfect or a while. of course it can help to discuss improving one's comfort/fit within ones current cage and of course offer advice to new wearers of a device in particular or complete beginners.

Some of our partners are possibly a little tolerant when it comes to our choice of cage because it is often the case that which device is possibly one of the few choices we get. And they are mostly probably well aware that our engaging them in conversation about different devices is just another way of bringing up any discussion about TTTWD and by wanting a new cage you are committing to being locked and a new device generally means being able to be locked and possibly denied for longer and in a sense asking for that to be the case.

Not only BCWYWF but also sometimes what you talk about too. ;)

22. Rectrix

Rectrix Long term member

US East Coast
    Local Time:
    For me, ,lights during the initial months were interrupted by major erections. Now, a few times each night I am stirred by throbbing cage-controlled failures. I'm confident those nightly efforts won't cease, nor would I want them to.

My general device has an oval ring, which made a major difference. With my Bon4M, which has a round ring, I wear the 44mm ring in the daytime and the 48mm at night (with the hinged ring you can swap rings while the penis remains in the cage in about 15 seconds); the 44mm ring at night can be painful during nocturnal erection efforts.

23. purple

purple New member

New England
    Local Time:
    Just to clarify, you mean an oval ring that is wider than it is taller, right? I've seen a few that are "vertical" and that doesn't seem to make as much sense to me.

24. harddenial

harddenial Member

UK near London
    Local Time:
    A good quality mattress topper made a big difference for me wearing a steel device. When you turn over everything sinks into the soft top and doesn't push or jab your parts. I too have an oval ring which is better. Lubricating the main ring and cage ring slightly last thing at night is a must too for me, but too much lube just seems to irritate the skin and be counterproductive.

25. her knight

her knight Active member

Indiana
    Local Time:
    Correct, the oval ring from a Holy Trainer V2 or a oval ring from Mature Metal

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice