Why Do Men Sexually Assault Women?

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Mascara^Snake, May 28, 2018.

1. AprilC

AprilC Active member

Local Time:
    9:03 PM
    it will change through evolution, when women stop choosing and giving birth to the offspring of a-holes, FLR, which keeps such men in bed but out of fatherhood will eventually make the difference

2. Digital

Digital Aspiring Gentleman

IT Analyst
    Hampshire UK
    Local Time:
    1:03 AM
    A little aggression can be good if channelled correctly. There needs to be a greater awareness of when to stop as guys often miss the signals that they have gone to far.

Mascara^Snake and Goddess Gaia like this.
  3. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Long term member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    8:03 PM
    Our society today suffers from a lack of respect and personal responsibility. First, is self respect, without which a person simply cannot deal with others responibly - and then it's respect for others - their thoughts, their bodies and generally, their person.

Of course, since there are so many people out there lacking respect and responsibility, we all should naturally avoid dangerous places, situations and times. For example, I always taught my daughters and sons that "Not much good ever happens after midnight".

Breathe, Digital, Dumb1 and 1 other person like this.
  4. pablo23

pablo23 Member

Accountant
    Cracow
    Local Time:
    2:03 AM
    Not sure when it will stop but making broadly defined chastity lock up as something common and trendy can change the situation significantly. If wearing a chastity by an average male will be perceived as a mainstream then maybe even 60-70% of male population would wear some kind of CB. This kind of situation can lead to significant decrease if it comes to this nasty behavior.

5. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    i couldnt agree more about the lack of respect nowadays in society add to that the "lets blame someone " syndrome and we have the recipe for our own downfall.

6. Her Dividend

Her Dividend Junior Member

Local Time:
    6:03 PM
    It won't. What I hope for is women feeling empowered and safe in the workplace and with their chosen partners.

7. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    I dont think there is an answer to this question. Why does anyone commit a crime. The answers are as varied as the people who do it. Its been studied for some time with no real answers. As for feeling like potential prey, that is a mindset. One you can choose. Just like some people choose to wake up happy and others choose to feel sad. You could spend your entire life as potential prey and never get attacked. Worrying about what may or may not happen will just lead to anxiety issues. I also think some level of caution is normal in every day life. Every single day I have to be on guard going into strangers homes multiple times a day. Life can be dangerous, you have to be prepared. Even if your a guy.

One option that I feel all women should have at their disposal is the ability to carry concealed weapons. Its the greatest equalizer in any dangerous situation. So many women in america sign up for concealed carry that gun manufacturers now market pink guns ;)

There are lots of weirdo's out there, stay safe everyone.

8. steviepie

steviepie inferior and unworthy male

Manager
    the States
    Local Time:
    this makes me feel like becoming a professional bodyguard (locked of course)

9. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    This is absolute rubbish. It's not a choice at all . Its drilled into you from childhood.
    Opression is not something you choose or choose not to suffer from.

10. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    America is a gun mess. It's not civilized there. In fact it's the only counry in the world that moved from barbarianism into decadence without any sort of civilization in between.
    Personally I have no interest in living in a society where the carrying of weapons is deemed either necessary or acceptable. It's a backward dark ages mentality.

Her Dividend and Digital like this.
  11. Digital

Digital Aspiring Gentleman

IT Analyst
    Hampshire UK
    Local Time:
    I think it so sad and dissapointing to see we still live in a world where people feel they need a weapon to guarantee safety.

We should have reached a stage in civilization where we can respect and support each other without violence.

Carrying a weopon isn't making you safer, its opening you up to making a mistake. One you can never take back.

Mascara^Snake likes this.
  12. scottishsubby

scottishsubby Chasing ghosts...

Professional
    Scotland, Glasgow
    Local Time:
    This is actually a far more general issue. Men can (and do) feel uneasy and 'on guard' every bit as much as women in certain places and at certain times. There are streets I will not walk down after dark, there are places I will not go alone - this is not a gender specific problem.

It's a problem of society. A problem caused, IMO, by a lack of consequences for actions, a lack of basic education in respect - both of yourself and of others - and a growing feeling of entitlement. I was taught as a young man to respect myself, to respect other people and above all to treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself. I was taught that actions had consequences and that those consequences were my responsibility.

That, more than anything else seems to be lacking from today's society. There is sadly so little fear of the consequences arising from bad behavior that there is no real deterrent value left. The situation won't change until we, as a society, make it change. Insist our lawmakers give the police & courts clear directions and adequate powers to properly punish serious crime and see that they do so.

It worked before - strong policing and strict sentencing put an end to the Glasgow razor gangs, likewise zero-tolerance policing in New York saw crime plummet as criminals realized they could and would be made to pay for their crimes.

Most of all though it needs a change in attitude. It needs our society's attitude to personal responsibility and accountability to change. We need to return to values that were once common and move away from the entitlement & blame culture that seems to have taken over society today.

Dumb1 likes this.
  13. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    scottishsubby you have hit the nail on the head with your post.............the only issue is that sometimes the ones we do place our trust in and show respect to sometimes let us down and they too must be prepared to pay hefty consequences for their failures.

14. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Well this is looking like rather a waste of thread space.
    I'm actually amazed from the replies here at how little males understand or aknowledge what it's like to feel opressed in this way.
    Gobsmacked actually.

But then what really, else can one expect from a penocentric website?

Her Dividend likes this.
  15. pablo23

pablo23 Member

Accountant
    Cracow
    Local Time:
    I think that most of the males here tries to find a solution while Your question was more like: "when will bad people stop doing bad things". I'm a male and I feel not 100% safe in some dangerous parts of my city in the evening too. But I guess You could think more about a woman on the street being dressed as She likes at any time of day or night and feeling 100% safe.

16. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:

The solution lies in a shift in societies values.

Her Dividend, steviepie and pablo23 like this.
  17. pablo23

pablo23 Member

Accountant
    Cracow
    Local Time:
    Changes on the macro-scale (societies) are possible but hard to do. It's possible in hermetic societies because this kind of society minimizes "external influences" and are usually prone to trends and even some manipulations. In my opinion that's one of the reasons why religion was a mainstream during the medieval period.

Today we live in global village so some social trends are just out of any control. The only influence we can have is to convince people that something is cool and trendy (or for example without that you would go to the hell but this one is gradually behind us I believe). That's why an idea of "absolute respect for women" or an idea of "man in chastity" could become a mainstream but it has to be done gradually and without connotations with any other big ideology like for example feminism.

Secret of becoming a mainstream lies in convincing people that our idea is new and not compromised on certain fields. Idea of "absolute respect for women" unfortunately have been used as a slogan to promote other ideas or political options while it's still a real issue.

18. scottishsubby

scottishsubby Chasing ghosts...

Professional
    Scotland, Glasgow
    Local Time:
    Why is this a male vs female issue? Women are not alone in feeling unsafe. Women are not alone in being assaulted, sexually or otherwise. It's an issue of attitudes and responsibilities - gender has nothing to do with it.

I'm not saying women don't feel oppressed or unsafe, nor am I belittling the very real problems you mention rather I am calling out the fashionable but incorrect belief that these problems affect women alone. They don't, never have and cloaking everything as males bad, women good is nether helpful nor accurate.

Dumb1 likes this.
  19. Thatguyontheinternet

Thatguyontheinternet Owned by Thatgirl

Florida
    Local Time:

Women are safer now than at any point in human history. What feels like a recent flood of assaults is, to me, most likely just a shift in the propensity of women to come forward and speak out. A good thing. A great thing. But I’m not sure we should confuse increased awareness with increased incidence.

Was just watching a Netflix show, The Last Kingdom (really cool semi-accurate history of the coelescing of England and the fights against Vikings in the 9th century, btw), and like GoT, or Troy (the show), they serve as stark reminders not only of the relative cheapness of life in those days, but of the brutality that women faced as commonplace. And really, that general brutality didn’t even become unacceptable until what, 150 or so years ago?

We are animals, all of us. Men and women. Smaller, physically weaker animals are damaged at the hands of larger ones. It is nature. We’ve done well to evolve as much as we have so far, and here’s hoping we continue to. But we would do well to never forget that we are no less driven by carnal instincts than we were 1300 years ago. Sadly, there will be those individuals who lack the capacity to burry those instincts into the black pit of bile that modern society demands men and boys do with their masculinity. In many areas of life I find the intolerance of masculinity wildly frustrating. In this area, of course, we can all only hope that we continue to evolve quickly and leave these particular instincts behind.

In the meantime, protect yourself and be safe. And men - forget the hyper-feminist nonsense and protect the women you care about.

Nicoftime, Breathe and guest 2942 like this.
  20. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    sorry I have a lot of females in my life and yet to see any of them oppressed. In fact all of them have been quite successful in their lives.

Evil knows no civility. You can either accept that and deal with it appropriately or bury your head in the sand and hope the police show up in time when it pops its ugly head out.

21. Goddess Gaia

Goddess Gaia Looking for a Good boy in Phildelphia
    Verified Female

Healing the world with Love
    Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    Unfortunately, that won't stop it. I bet if that came to pass, there would be predators in cages who keep their key in their pocket. Once they drug and restrain the woman, they can unlock themselves and terrorize her.
    Rape won't stop until we teach our boys that rape is as appealing as cannibalism.

Mascara^Snake and Digital like this.
  22. Goddess Gaia

Verified Female

Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    The women in this thread are not being heard. We are not saying men never feel fear or are never victims of violence. The question of this thread is not "why do people do bad things". We are talking about a SPECIFIC form of violence-men raping women.

Sexual assault on women happens around the world 24/7/365. It's not human nature, it's how we raise our boys. For pete''s sakes, in most religions it was normal to 'rape' your wife, because her body belonged to her husband. Feminists fought only 50 years ago to make marital rape a crime. This problem has been around for hundreds of years.

And yet I think we can have worldwide change, if we band together. Slavery used to be 'normal' until only 150 years ago.

I took a women's self-defense class tonight. I planned it before this thread even started. I learned skills on how to stop a stranger. But this class broke my heart, because I have never been hurt by a at stranger. I have been assaulted on my own couch, or by my boyfriends or good friends. Men I knew for years, men I fully trusted, men who loved me.

NONE OF THEM THOUGHT THEY WERE HURTING ME, THEY ALL THOUGHT THEIR BEHAVIOR WAS NORMAL AND GOOD. Why did they think this?

**BECAUSE IT'S WHAT THEY WERE TAUGHT BY FAMILY, SOCIETY, TV, RELIGION**

Why should I have to be on guard 24/7? Why should I be cuddled in my lover''s lap thinking, "Can I put him in a choke hold if he turns on me?"

It''s a sad, sad world to live in. And men will never truly understand this *particular* sadness because they've never been women.

23. Thatguyontheinternet

Thatguyontheinternet Owned by Thatgirl

Florida
    Local Time:
    Had you been victimized repeatedly at the hands of strangers, random men In the street - and if that were the experience of many women, then perhaps there’d be an argument to made that society has a wholesale problem in “the way we raise our boys”.

Don’t blame men. Blame the men you have known.

I respect what you’ve been through and genuinely feel for you. But high emotional content doesn’t make your point any more accurate.

As a side note: in the western world young boys are systematically having their masculinity denied them. They’re told over and over that the way they relate to eachother, through rough play, physicality, energy, is somehow wrong. They’re medicated for being boys. They’re told they’re the same as girls when they’re just not. They’re confused, frustrated, and increasingly failing in a social and education system that has become highly feminized and highly intolerant toward boyishness. Nobody is or would ever excuse sexual assault, and it will leave the earth when we cure thievery, cruelty, and all other forms of mistreatment humans feel at the hands of other humans. But if we want to worry about how we’re raising boys as a whole, then i would humbly suggest we do so with an eye toward the reality of the way we actually do try to raise boys in the modern west.

Dumb1, guest 2942 and scottishsubby like this.
  24. Goddess Gaia

Verified Female

Philadelphia, PA
    Local Time:
    If you think I'm being "too emotional" to make a valid point, then I direct you to my earlier post where I mention all the scientific studies I base my arguments on.

25. paulie slave

paulie slave Locked house husband

House Husband
    Scotland
    Local Time:
    @Thatguyontheinternet "They’re medicated for being boys. They’re told they’re the same as girls when they’re just not. They’re confused, frustrated, and increasingly failing in a social and education system that has become highly feminized."

In what way has the social and education system been feminised? And children are being drugged by gender?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice