oval shaped vs round for ball trap rings...

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by luckyhubby83, Apr 18, 2018.

1. luckyhubby83

luckyhubby83 Long term member

Local Time:
    1:35 AM
    what is the benefit of a oval ring vs circular?
    i found 50mm works best for me on circular.
    I also have to say, stainless cages are WORLDS better than plastic. i tried a few knockoff CBs and then ponied up for a real one, only to try a stanless jailbird clone from china. WOW WOW WOW. what a difference. the added weight of the steel also causes the cage to hang naturally, ie less of a bulge in the pants.

once i confirm the measurements work well for 24/7 lockup i will ponly up for a real jailbird with locking screw.

just wondering if i should try a chinese oval ring vs the circular one for my demo before i buy the real deal

2. Mimi

Mimi Long term member

House maid
    UK
    Local Time:
    7:35 AM
  3. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:35 AM
    I've tried both. Round seems to sit better. Also lets me close my legs.

4. tqbartleby

tqbartleby Active member

France
    Local Time:
    8:35 AM
    If you're already comfortable with a round base ring, I'd say stick with round. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

5. JosieLynn Jewell

JosieLynn Jewell Long term member

Michigan, USA
    Local Time:
    2:35 AM
    So, I've been designing and printing rings quite a bit recently to find the most comfortable shape and size. I've gone from a tall oval (~52mm) to shorter ovals and I tried a triangular-ish shape too (not bad actually), and then I did circular with a round profile. That let my testicles sit more side-by-side, which was more comfortable, and let me go down in size as well. I've just drawn up the same round ring, but with the ergonomic shape to it. Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to try that by this weekend. I'll post an update somewhere about this!

tqbartleby and Peter Rabbit like this.
  6. tqbartleby

tqbartleby Active member

France
    Local Time:
    8:35 AM
    Is that 3D printing you're doing? Wow. It occurs to me that could revolutionize the cage market. DIY cage design and manufacture! It could make the trial and error phase of finding the right fit much less expensive.

7. kcuck5280

kcuck5280 Active member

Local Time:
    12:35 AM
    I’ve tried both. I find the round rings work better for 24/7 wear. For some reason the oval pinches more.

8. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    7:35 AM
    That may be because if the base ring's elongation is front-back (ie taller than wide) then the sides will be closer together, and the angle at which the base ring and the tube ring come together will be more acute, a difference in size of just millimetres can be the difference between pinching or not.

Try drawing accurately the inside outlines of the base ring and tube ring on paper, it will make you more aware of how they relate to each other, and may help you choose the best option in the future.

I found that my preferences for base ring shape are:
    (using rings with similar cross section areas of the aperture)
    - oval elongated up-down - worst, getting near painfully uncomfortable for morning wood.
    - oval elongated side-side - ok.
    - circular - best.

of course your physical make up, not just size, but the properties of your skin, affect how whether any device will be comfortable.

Which makes me think...

We've had plenty of threads about sizing devices, but I can't recall any discussing the best type of device for the skin profile ( it's such an obscure topic I can't even think of the right words to describe it! ) What I mean is... I think the characteristics of your skin, whether it's loose and folds easily, is thick and doesn't fold much, is tight and smooth, all might point to one type of cage or ring being much more comfortable than others.

My devices have very different ends, plastic, with a slot, with bars, open steel, closed steep cap, and I would give them all very different comfort ratings for things like skin pinching and the liklyhood of getting sore. But that's with my skin, not someone else's! The problem is, we can each experiment with sizes and discuss how the size of different components can be measured and how it affects comfort, but we can't easily compare any device's comfort across different skin characteristics - we only have one skin!

kcuck5280 likes this.
  9. Guest 3729

Guest 3729 Long term member

Local Time:
    12:35 AM
    I find that when I wore a round ring that I got more ball and groin ache. When I switched to a cage with an ergonomic ring it was significantly more comfortable and the ache lessened significantly. I also agree that steel over plastic is the way to go for long term use. I'll be getting my full belt hopefully in a couple of weeks so no more cockring for me.

10. jim48

jim48 Long term member

Retired
    las vegas, NV US
    Local Time:
    11:35 PM
    I have two oval rings and both are comfortable. Never tried round just went from the start with oval.

11. Sub Dave

Sub Dave Active member

Submissive Transsexual
    North Eastern USA
    Local Time:
    2:35 AM
    I prefer oval. One or both testes would slip out of round while at work. Never slipped out of oval.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice