Cages, showers and kids

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Panda2010, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Felix cum ea

Felix cum ea Vanilla Chaste

Belgium, Antwerp
    Local Time:
    4:07 AM
    The two way "knock on the door" principle has always worked for us too.
    FYI: one of our two sons left and the other one still lives with us, but we respect each other's space.
    So we have never encountered a problem.

2. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    12:07 PM
    When my kids were little they wandered in whenever, and we didn’t discourage, in fact we deliberately made it OK for us to see each other naked, we didn’t want them to think there was anything unnatural about the human body. However, I wasn’t into chastity back then, and yes, that would have made things a lot more complicated!

Like another writer, I’m in Australia and locks on internal doors isn’t the usual thing.

@LockedHusband and Panda2010 like this.
  3. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    9:07 PM
    I myself agree that kids shouldn’t be ashamed of their body or feel uncomfortable around nudity...I am a huge fan of kids not seeing their parents naked though. They can be comfortable about not being ashamed of their body without seeing yours. I just can’t see where that would benefit anything. Again, this may be a cultural thing.

As far as the doors not equipped with a lock being your only reason you aren’t securing the doors...an eye and hook latch. Unless operating a screw driver is beyond your skill set. If it is, you probably have other issues.

The bar I frequent has a small restroom. It is a sink and a toilet. It isn’t made for multiple people. When I walk up to the door and open it, I get pissed if there is someone in it. It’s his job to lock his door so I don’t have to walk in on him. I consider it the same in your home, latch the door and keep it to yourself, being naked around your kids is not giving anyone a choice.

4. filltee

filltee Junior Member

Sheffield. South Yorkshire UK
    Local Time:
    3:07 AM
    Seems a lot of people on here have got hang ups about nudity.
    But thats their problem ...do try not to give your kids such issues.
    Covering up you have a chastity device .. lock on the bathroom door prudent use of towel or dressing gown or pyjamas or just underwear. end of problems, its not rocket science now is it?

At least your post stirred up and revealed who's in the morality police. :)

Panda2010 likes this.
  5. Love&Passion

Love&Passion Long term member

Local Time:
    10:07 PM
    fellow European here. Absolutely normal to see your parents naked. Also as others have said it is good to see "normal people" naked as opposed to what they are exposed to in magazines or internet.

@LockedHusband likes this.
  6. Ihgas

Ihgas Member

Local Time:
    Since this hasn’t died, I’ll add another $0.02.

It does not matter how much you tell a child not to be ashamed of their body and that they should understand that all bodies are beautiful. They see parents hiding/constantly covering up, media blasting that only one body type is beautiful and people spending lots of time and money on surgery and fad diets ALL DAY EVERYDAY.

Where is the example of how to be comfortable in your own skin? They’ll just turn out like most of us. Happy to say we are ok with our body but truely know deep down inside that isnt the case.

Not to mention the issues that are created when the only time someone sees a naked body is in a sexual context. Then you get men that cant see a breast without fanticizing about them in a sexual way and women too afraid to feed their kids in a public place.

@LockedHusband and Love&Passion like this.
  7. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I have never seen my folks naked, oddly enough I’ve never seen them dive for cover, hide, or anything of that nature. I believe they solved the issue by teaching us to respect others privacy and respecting mine. I don’t remember the shape or size of the bodies making a difference.

I realize that certain cultures view things differently, but just because others grew up with a certain amount of modesty in the family home, it doesn’t mean that it’s a soul crushing, body shaming, or sexualized way of thinking. Just as I don’t assume the other side of the world grew up with exhibitionist, forced sexual maturity, or mentally scarring in the name of some contrived higher moral ground that their children had no choice in.

Their are certain things even in our own country we don’t agree on and find it odd. It is perfectly eceptable in the south to spank or hit your kids. In the north it is frowned upon. The age of consent is lower in the south, heck their are even some southern state laws that are on the books that make it illegal to own a dildo. The northern states would not even think that is legal. Parts of our country have completely made the sale of liquor illegal, and we have areas where prostitution is legal.

different isn’t wrong, it’s just different.

8. Ihgas

Ihgas Member

Local Time:
    Yes, there are absolutely other views than mine that are not wrong.

9. PouchPantyLover

PouchPantyLover Long term member

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    4:07 PM
    As a fellow Dad having my kids discover my cage is my number one fear about chastity. It's not just showering. It's hugs, rough housing and days at the beach. It's not that I'm ashamed of it, it's just a sexual activity between adults and they shouldn't be exposed to that. I dread hearing those words "what's that".

Pre-chastity I would say I fell in the mid-way camp about parental nudity. Especially when our kids were much younger, we had an open door policy on our bathroom in case they needed us. As they got older we've taught them that they have parts of their bodies that are private. That it's inappropriate for someone to want to see or touch them in these areas and that it was their responsibility to keep them private. We've also changed our level of privacy and cover up. I lock the bathroom door now. I think teaching a casual attitude towards nudity is a great way to get unwanted pictures on the internet. As they get older still and move towards being terrible teenagers we'll discuss their sexuality with them and hopefully leave them at the end of the day with a healthy attitude towards their bodies and their sexuality as adults. In other words what makes sense for a three year old is different for a ten year old or a sixteen year old.

Nicoftime and Panda2010 like this.
  10. Uehara

Uehara Active member

Lawyer
    London
    Local Time:
    10:07 PM
    I wouldn't say that. What about a Swedish family who all use the sauna, naked, at the same time?

LockedN8 likes this.
  11. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    7:52 AM
    I’m a Brit living in Germany. In my experience the nudity being normal in Europe hasn’t made its way across the channel to the UK, it came as a bit of a shock when I realized how different things were in Germany.

The first difference I noticed was in the swimming pool showers. In the UK if they are communal it’s only the old ‘I don’t care any more’ types who get naked. More often the pools have single stall showers and separate sex changing rooms. In Germany the showers are single sex but the changing rooms can be more communal in nature, although they do have solo and family sized changing booths.

I was having a shower at a local swimming pool in Germany when a guy came in with four daughters. All five got completely naked, one of the older daughters helping to look after the youngest, whose nickname appeared to be Pooh Bear! I would say all of the girls were under ten years old or so. Nobody batted an eyelid. If that happened in the UK there would have been an uproar. I don’t think I’m exaggerating saying that the police would have been called.

I have to say I’m happier in the relaxed attitude present in Germany. There is nothing wrong with having a setup where a parents bedroom is seen as their private space mixed in with a relaxed attitude about nudity.

12. Dr MBogo

Dr MBogo You heard the lady! In you go.....

Local Time:
    As far as most Americans are concerned, that would border on sexual abuse.

13. PouchPantyLover

PouchPantyLover Long term member

Hawaii
    Local Time:
    4:07 PM
    America is a big diverse country. I realize your comment is somewhat tongue in cheek, but it's also an inaccurate stereotype.

In regards to the Swedish family in the Sauna, one would hope they would have a different attitude about exposing their minor children's bodies to complete strangers. Even the communal showers I used in Europe did not have naked kids mixing with random adult strangers. Of course I wasn't in Sweden.

14. Christabel

Christabel New member

Local Time:
    3:07 AM
    I'm with installing locks. I'd go for all the bathrooms in your home so as not to make it a parent thing. I'm sure your visitors would appreciate that, plus your kids when they get older. You can buy the ones that can be opened from the outside, for safety considerations. Obvs you'll need to take time to introduce this e.g. the convos about privacy. Good luck however you manage it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice