Cages, showers and kids

Discussion in 'Novices and newbies' started by Panda2010, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Panda2010

Panda2010 There's a fine line between pleasure and pain

Australia (North east Victoria)
    Local Time:
    6:11 AM
    Quite often my wife starts work at 5am or 6am and I have to get kids to school/pre-school. SO it is a regular thing for me to have a shower while my wife is at work. And, of course, the kids often interrupt me in the shower, asking for something or other. Once my device arrives and I am locked up I don’t really want them to spring me in the shower wearing a cage lol.

Any suggestions from the locked guys out there who have little kids?

2. LockedPom

LockedPom Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    To be honest, it might be better for you to follow the honor method and not use a cage. I'm in a similar situation and a cage is just not suitable for my lifestyle.

3. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:11 PM
    My parents used to lock the door when showering etc. I think it's entirely reasonable to demand a pester free 10 minutes to get through the bathroom. However, if the device gets in the way of your family commitments - makes you behave other than you would - then perhaps you should stick to wearing it at night only?

4. keyheld

keyheld Member

Hampshire, UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:11 PM
    Just cover it up with your hands. Never had an issue and have 3 kids. Started wearing a chastity device when the youngest was born. She’s 10 now

New to cage, Chuck and NsToy like this.
  5. m2s

m2s Junior Member

Local Time:
    3:11 PM
    Having been in a similar situation, keeping a towel in reach of the shower is invaluable. That way you can pull it in to the shower and cover up before you step out. Depending on their age, you can also start to discuss the concept of privacy, that they need to knock on the door and not barge in, etc.

Femcontrol5 likes this.
  6. jshackleton2016

DC metro area
    Local Time:
    4:11 PM
    Having to be more private around my little ones is the thing I like least about the cage. However, being mindful, drying off with my back to the bathroom door and using other techniques to cover up make it work for us.

Chuck likes this.
  7. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Ok I may not understand, but when exactly would they ever see you naked? Yes if they barge in on you they might, but cage or no cage that would be something to avoid in the extreme...I can’t imagine walking in and seeing my dad naked.

Lock the door. Regardless if you have a cage on or not, it’s our responsibility to keep that part separate from them. Maybe I grew up in a prudish environment, but me seeing my parents naked wasn’t something that would “just happen”. Steps would be taken to ensure that privacy is enforced, locking the door, not changing around them, and keeping my barn door closed.

Just a smidge of prevention, ensures your privacy.

New to cage likes this.
  8. madamsboy

madamsboy Looking for a special female

Local Time:
    shower curtain? opaque doors on the shower? Kids should not be barging into a place where people are nude. It's common decency and should be taught from a young age.

9. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    1:56 AM
    I am in complete agreement with those telling you to lock the door. We have brought our kids up to know that our bedroom and bathroom are an adult space and they cannot just barge in. We knock on their door before entering the room and we demand the same respect from them.

10. Panda2010

Local Time:
    Ok I didn't mention this in my initial post, but we DON'T have locks on ANY internal doors, including the bathroom/ensuite. If we had locks I wouldn't have felt the need to put the question up in the first place FFS I am not a total F'ing IDIOT.

Surrendered to Bec likes this.
  11. Ilikebond

Ilikebond Long term member

Local Time:
    Some families are more private than others. If you are a family that is more open than you either have to become more private or only be locked up when the kids wont be around.

I’ve had a few close calls myself.

Panda2010 likes this.
  12. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    you could always put a lock on the bathroom door since it doesnt have one. I dont think thats unreasonable. I always lock the bathroom door when showering.

I think privacy or nudity in the home is a precedent set by the parents and usually learned from their parents. When growing up locked bathroom doors was very common and no-one walked around naked in our house. So it was strange when a female friend of mine told me she grew up where nudity was quite common in their house. She felt no need to cover up when walking to her room from the shower even in her teens when growing up. Seems very strange to me. Personally I get uneasy seeing my 9 year old daughter running around in nothing but underwear, but thats just me. I guess there is no right or wrong. But I do think chastity might be something you would want to keep hidden from children only for the simple fact that when they get old enough to understand that could open up a can of worms. lol

13. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Hook and latch set costs less than a buck and takes 2 minutes to hang....unless you are a complete f@$/:)g idiot lol.

richard likes this.
  14. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I personally have had more close calls with spare cages that I had tried on but didn’t work out and were left in the bathroom.

15. Panda2010

Local Time:
    Hi

Thanks to those people who have offered constructive suggestions.

I reckon I will use a multi-pronged approach, particularly in the early stages

• When I am getting used to my cage early on, I probably will only be wearing the cage a few hours at a time. So it makes sense for my ‘free time’ to correspond to shower time.
    • Closing the ensuite door and having kids knock before they come in (std practice already, but doesn’t always prevent them from barging in lol).
    • A strategically placed towel draped over the (clear glass) shower screens would be a second line of defence. That might not be totally effective as we don’t actually have a door to the shower screen – just a gap between panels. And, you guessed it, the best place to put the towel would be in the gap.
      • And, before I get any more handyman responses, no, I’m not going to rig up a clothes line in the shower to hang the towel on.;)

Femcontrol5 likes this.
  16. Dr MBogo

Dr MBogo You heard the lady! In you go.....

Local Time:
    It's completely appropriate and possible to teach even young children that there are times and places that they cannot go. And they shouldn't be seeing enough to know whether you are caged or not. Start with that, and don't worry about the cage. And I am a father of four, all of whom are grown now, but they definitely knew and abided by the rules that we set down regarding that.

Nicoftime likes this.
  17. Uehara

Uehara Active member

Lawyer
    London
    Local Time:
    As a European, I find this idea that children should not see their parents naked exceedingly strange.

18. Dr MBogo

Dr MBogo You heard the lady! In you go.....

Local Time:
    I've heard that from other Europeans. America's Puritan heritage, I suppose. I do happen to agree with it, though. If a child is too young to understand the function of the human genital tract, there is no reason to expose them to it. And once they are old enough, exposing oneself to your child borders on sexual abuse.

sissybitch and madamsboy like this.
  19. slutpj

slutpj Junior Member

Local Time:
    European, who lives in America and raised my only kid here in the US - my American wife and I frequently have differences of opinion on topics like this - I don't close doors, wander around the house naked even with the kid present, as a result, he see's nothing wrong with also wandering around in various states of undress, wandering in and out of bathrooms and such. He's also quite comfortable in his own skin.

As some have said, I've adjusted my lifestyle a bit - I won't always wear the cage when home alone with him, or be prepared with a hand towel. Some days, when I wear something a bit more elaborate under my day clothes I'll wait until he's dropped off, or doing something else before running back upstairs to change.

Panda2010 likes this.
  20. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I’d never believe I would be the prude, but I believe I must be.

It goes to show how different cultures and customs are in various locales. To me it was a no brainer ...install 50 cent latch, don’t allow kids to see you naked, up next...try not to curse too much in front of them. I see a clear bewilderment of it being inappropriate, so it must be thought of as normal there. They are probably just as confused about being private with nudity around family.

I do realize there are other privacy things that are prevalent there but almost unheard of here. Hostels, community bathrooms, family style public dining...all stuff that we in the West just do not have exposure to, let alone understand.

Didn’t mean to judge. I guess oddity is relative.

21. CagedMonkey

CagedMonkey New member

Halifax
    Local Time:
    5:11 PM
    I have two young boys and have experienced the same problem. My nine year old caught a glimpse of my cage and asked what’s that? I got away with saying a band/aid!! But a close call! I now keep a towel and robe right by the shower door.

Panda2010 likes this.
  22. slutpj

slutpj Junior Member

Local Time:

Having an American wife, this conversation was a constant thing in our early life together :) She'd walk in the bedroom and I'd be doing my thing in the ensuite, or she would be in the bathroom and have both the bathroom *and* bedroom doors closed, and I'd just wander in. She's clearly quite used to it now, and rarely bothers locking doors herself these days.

The kid didn't change much - I want him to grow up quite comfortable around nudity as I am, and comfortable in his own body - but I do obviously try and shield him from the more ... adult ... topics.

jshackleton2016 and Panda2010 like this.
  23. Panda2010

Local Time:
    Hi Funny how a simple post asking for a few tips and tricks has morphed into a philosophical discussion :eek:

Allen1987 and Nicoftime like this.
  24. Surrendered to Bec

Surrendered to Bec Property of Bec. SLRN 281-606-394

Truck Driver
    Brisbane, Australia
    Local Time:
    9:11 PM
    insight for the Americans, locks on internal doors in Australia is only a newish idea. Many houses don't have locks inside. Thats the way it is... you don't have to understand it or like it etc...

Pbare, I reckon you're on the right track with setting some rules about knocking before entering etc.. and the towel idea should work ok. maybe a suction cup towel rail from Bunnings? certainly a good back up plan for when they forget to wait :)

Panda2010 likes this.
  25. Ihgas

Ihgas Member

Local Time:
    We purposely have periods of time without a cage so I can join in the nudity of our house. I try very hard not to expose my children to sexual things. Nudity is not sexual, though. A healthy view of the human body and seeing people without “model” bodies that are comfortable in their own skin is something we have tried to always promote. I guess we’re not normal Americans!

Love&Passion, spider203 and Panda2010 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice