Call me Madam!

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by Mandynjack, Jan 21, 2018.

Random Thread
  1. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    1:07 PM
    I'm with Nico on this. Without a doubt there has recently been those who call others Hunny in a condescending manner. They may not realise it as condescending, and that's ok - we're all of us somewhere along our journey of (self) discovery. But although it's ok, it doesn't mean that people will like it, or put up with it for long before calling it.

I tend to think that those dominants that can't turn off their need to dominate for long enough to have a conversation on a web-forum probably are using that constant domination as a hiding mechanism. You can hide from yourself for so-long, but we all meet ourselves at some point along the way.

I don't see this place as a repository of 'mainly' dominant females in any way. I see this place as a place for discussing chastity in all it's varieties, in a mutually accepting manner. No matter what the current forum titles are, the name of the place and it's long history are as a Chastity forum that's open, energetic, and above all, treats all it's members equally.

That is THE reason this place survived long after the others withered and died, as Lockit has pointed out.

I can only suggest that those who read my name and assume that I might be in any way submissive to them, just focus on the latter part of the name. It's far more a play on words than it is anything else.

Breathe and Guest 3729 like this.
  2. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Going back to the OP, I was reminded of club nights at the dungeon. It was a place for members and many scenes were going on. A young couple came to complain that someone had not respected their scene and they thought that they should have done. I advised the couple that as they were doing a D/s scene in what was basically a space open to all, they were at fault and should not expect others to become part of the scene without previous discussion and consent.

CM is a place which as a few have said earlier is open to many and accepting of pretty much all. It is not a place to publicly hold a D/s scene and expect others to brought into it because you are in dominant or submissive mode.

I am sure if @Nicoftime or @SubVerity were feeling very submissive, they would not expect me to Dominate them in chat because that was how they were feeling that day. In fact we have had quite a few posts asking members not to try and treat Mistresses that way.

Personally if I was heavily into a scene with @lockit my focus would be on him and the online world would be very far from my thoughts. However, as I have said, CM is very much a place of variety and that is a good thing.

Let's keep it that way and refrain from placing our expectations for anything other than kindness and acceptance on others.

3. frankie teardrop

frankie teardrop Long term member

Service Industry
    Oz
    Local Time:
    Seriously, what on earth is condescending about 'hunny'? I thought it was an expression of endearment.

I agree, CM definitely does not have a majority of dominant women, and it shows.

Femcontrol5 likes this.
  4. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    Context, Frankie, context. It's about the rest of the words and conversation the term is inserted into.

And you'd be right to think that. I've been here for 4 years or so, and in that time been a pretty active member, both in posting publicly, in private chat and in moderating and I don't think I've EVER put myself forwards for anyone to dominate in any way. In fact, I can't foresee any situation where that might happen.

Guest 3729 and Mistress Jules like this.
  5. frankie teardrop

Service Industry
    Oz
    Local Time:
    @SubVerity, I'm looking for an expert opinion: I've checked the context and all the words inserted into the sentence. Was I just condescended to?

It must depend where you're standing!

6. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
  7. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    Actually - having read one of the links from the 2nd link in my post above, it's possible that it's a location thing.
    Those from southern states of the US being more prone to using them in an honest way. I wonder. :)

Breathe likes this.
  8. frankie teardrop

Service Industry
    Oz
    Local Time:
    @SubVerity, Thanks, I haven't had a chance to read it all yet but I was actually referring to the sentence or two that you fired my way for my enlightenment, but that's probably the law of condescension at work.

9. Mandynjack

Mandynjack Long term member

Local Time:
    Well that happened quicker than I predicted. I guess that means you're not predictable? Here we have a topper from the bottom in it's natural habitat. Notice its plume ruffled to protect its narrow mindedness. A (not so rare) sighting indeed..... oops hunny

10. thefemdecided

thefemdecided Long term member

Local Time:
    2:07 PM
    On a personal note, I hate being called babe. I'm not a pig ffs

Joan.t and Breathe like this.
  11. Mandynjack

Local Time:
    Sorry Jane, you're not. I apologise.

12. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Let's keep things amicable please people.

Breathe likes this.
  13. Mandynjack

Local Time:
    My opener was about my misdemeanour in bringing my real scene into the chat room for a split second. I posted to be open about what I had done and at no time had I condoned my action. I posed the question to the site on the amount of emotional investment that goes into running this lifestyle and how that can leak out when not expecting. It wasn't intended to condone unsolicited dominance. It just that some had interpreted it that way.

Felix cum ea and guest 2942 like this.
  14. thefemdecided

thefemdecided Long term member

Local Time:
    2:07 PM
    No apology needed, you haven't done that, it was just a general observation

15. Mandynjack

Local Time:
    :kiss:

Felix cum ea likes this.
  16. Mandynjack

Local Time:
    And you wonder why more females are not attracted to the site. Penny dropped for me a couple of comments ago. You're right, this is more of a jack place. I stopped living by men's rules years ago, not looking to restart now. Have your place, apologies for intruding. Goodbye.

17. Mandynjack

Local Time:
    I have tried, but your dominant subs and sissies have shown that challenge from a dominant woman upsets their balance. Love your site and most here are really good fun and invested. A few 'guardians' continue to perpetuate the notion that femdom can only exist on their terms. That's not for me. Thank you and goodbye. xx

18. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    7:07 AM
    I sent you a private message with a link I bumped up. I was still writing it when you posted these last two, I hope it resonates with you. I didn’t know if you had pm’s off or not so putting it here as well.

If I was the sole reason for you wanting to leave, I can steer clear of you, I wouldn’t want to lessen this place by the loss of your opinions.

Edit... I just got your response. Pm me if my absence from your threads would satisfy a change in your stance.

19. PuellaPurpurea

Local Time:
    5:07 AM
    Well, uh...that happened.

I like to think the Mansion is a welcoming place, as Verity said. We have a whole spectrum of users here, from intense dommes and subs to more casual, on-and-off perusers. And though I believe a domme has every right to request being addressed as Madam, I also believe that others have just as much a right to politely refuse. I see no reason why men who are interested in chastity but not "truly submissive," whatever that means, should not be allowed here.

@Mandynjack , I hope you still see more good in the Mansion than bad and continue to enjoy it with us. But if the honest discourse of men of varying submissiveness isn't your cup of tea, hey, I understand, and I wish you the best of luck finding something out there that works better for you.

Breathe and SubVerity like this.
  20. frankie teardrop

Service Industry
    Oz
    Local Time:
    Sad day. Mandy seemed like a woman worth getting to know better. I hope very much she returns, she had fire in her belly and didn't suffer fools gladly. Oh right, that would explain quite a lot.

Meanwhile, bluesmanbob has returned to the Crossroads.

21. SubVerity

London
    Local Time:
    I'm not making any demands about femdom, I'm talking about how we engage on this forum. It's a completely different thing.

Although there are many men here, don't expect them all to wish to submit to every woman that swings by, some will of course, but many don't want to and it's with these men that you seem to be finding difficulty.

You've said yourself that you're still finding suitably workable boundaries for your dominant nature. Permit me to suggest that these will likely be found within your own personal relationship with your significant other and any others who agree to submit to you, and not so much elsewhere.

Personally I hope you'll stay around and continue to post and continue to develop.

Breathe likes this.
  22. thundar

thundar Member

Professional
    East Coast
    Local Time:
    8:07 AM
    Shame, Mandynjack was an interesting person. Are there still any penis avatars ? Might that have contributed to her disillusionment about CM ?

23. frankie teardrop

Service Industry
    Oz
    Local Time:
    @thundar, I think it had more to do with CM's disillusionment with @Mandynjack and strong outspoken dominant women generally. Some people actually got into a flap about Mandy's use of the word 'hunny'? I've come across some very strange First World Problems over the years but that one's up there with the best of them.

Mandy could have contributed so much to this site, and hopefully still will. She was sharp, intelligent, articulate - she could string sentences together which is kind of an asset in this world of written communication. What is it about dominant women who can confidently express themselves that ruffles some people's feathers? There's endless lip service being paid to the need for a greater feminine presence here, which I definitely support, but that would necessitate accommodating the uncomfortable reality of them sometimes calling males out on their bs. Especially mine.

guest 2942 likes this.
  24. thundar

thundar Member

Professional
    East Coast
    Local Time:
    8:07 AM
    Yes............there's that too

25. paulie slave

paulie slave Locked house husband

House Husband
    Scotland
    Local Time:
    I don't mind being deferential to women on this site if that is what they want. I identify as a male sub and that's how I think. But I don't want to set those rules, I'd rather they were set by the individuals involved. Going back to a previous post, if a male Dom wanted to be called Sir, I wouldn't have a problem with that either. It doesn't mean I'm trying to have a scene with him.

I've probably written posts here that have got up people's noses because I wrote them in way too much sub space. I stopped because at the time there were various sneery comments about "super-subs" that I felt were aimed at me, or others like me.

This argument has floated about on various kink forums in various forms for years. There's no answer except as previously mentioned, treat others with respect, allow them to express themselves without fear of criticism and no sneering if what they do isn't what you'd do.

I really hope Mandynjack return. I liked their posts.

frankie teardrop likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice