Emergency Keys - Revisited

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by Tom Allen, Jan 17, 2018.

Random Thread
  1. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:00 PM
    I know this topic comes up, and probably started coming up within three minutes of the first chastity device.

For the last few years, Mrs Edge and I had taken a break from serious chastity play; that is, instead of 24/7 for months at a time, it was a couple of weeks here and there. Nothing wrong, it's just that after over a dozen years, we just needed a breather. We're discussing it again, especially since my inexpensive A272 stainless device is so comfortable and secure.

In the past, she has had her own lock, and my emergency key is wrapped in tamper-evident tape, which I carry on my car key ring. Last night, it came up through a misunderstanding in conversation that maybe she should keep *both* keys to the lock; that is, I wouldn't even have possession of an emergency key, wrapped or not. She would unlock me for weekly cleaning (and play at her discretion), and that would be it.

Now, I've never used the emergency key, and it's not unusual for me to forget it at home for days at a time. But the idea of not having one at my disposal at all? It's surprisingly hot for both of us. Naturally she expressed some concern about my having an accident at work, but as we discussed it, I began to wonder if it made a difference. I mean, if the accident were serious enough, I probably wouldn't have time to discreetly unwrap a key and remove my device anyhow.

So, anyone out there forgo an emergency key altogether? How's that working out? And I'm open to any other thoughts.

If you're in the mood for more detail, I wrote a little more about the situation on my blog.

2. Doczilla421

Doczilla421 Long term member

Firefighter
    North Carolina
    Local Time:
    I am not allowed to have a emergency key. My wife has the only keys. If an emergency does come up. She told me to tell who ever sees it that it was placed there by her because of pass indiscretions period. No discussion needed. Im locked up because of my habitual masturbation.

3. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    9:00 PM
    It does make such a difference when the safety net is no longer there doesn't it? Logistics demand that most of the time @lockit has an emergency key available. However, if he is not at work, even if I am in Scotland, we sometimes use the kitchen safe so that there is no emergency key when he is out and about. It certainly feels different for him on those occasions as is proven by the messages I receive throughout the day.

As you say in your post, an emergency key is not always useful, when he was hit by a car on his motorbike, the last thing on his mind was his device. Luckily the very nice paramedic cut the lock for him so it could be removed before he got to hospital.

@lockit sometimes works in situations where metal against the body is dangerous and I prefer that he is not locked on these occasions. I feel that an emergency key is vital for him in these instances. So sometimes it can make a difference.

If however it is not dangerous to be locked in your daily life then I see no need for an emergency key.

4. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:00 PM
    When we first started I thought it would be a good idea if I carried a spare key that was laminated. Unless I buy a laminator, and could reproduce the paper note that it was on, she would know.

I thought this was perfect. I thought this was pretty darn secure. One day we were joking about this guy at work that was caught cheating and I mentioned how she knew 100% that I couldn’t. She said well you wouldn’t, but you still could. I argued that she would know that it was impossible without her knowing, she agreed but said that “you can just unlock yourself anytime you want, honestly until I am the only one deciding, this all feels fake”. I gave her both keys when my new device arrived and have no clue where the spare is, I hadn’t seen it since.

Slave to a Goddess likes this.
  5. LockedDiaperedSissy

LockedDiaperedSissy Locked and Permanently Diapered

Ohio
    Local Time:
    My wife and I had the discussion about an emergency key and because of the amount I travel for business we decided it was necessary. Yes I go through the body scanners wearing my device. So far I have cleared security every time but what would happen if they wanted to take me to private screening. I have been there before as I wear diapers and sometimes that requires me standing in front of a TSA agent with my pants pulled down. Never once have I been forced to remove my diaper. I don't know if the same would hold true for a chastity device. If my only option was to remove the device so I can board a plane I would have to do so. Also I work in a job where I'm up and down and in and out of machines and my wife is always concerned that I could hurt myself with my chastity device on. She felt I needed away to remove it should my wee wee require some healing. What can I say I guess I got an understanding key holder and a very loving wife.

Slave to a Goddess likes this.
  6. DonnaSue

DonnaSue Long term member

Retired
    Southeast US
    Local Time:
    3:00 PM
    SInce I have a history of heart attacks and spend a lot of time alone while She is at work, She bought me a cute, little tiny gold choker chain to wear around my neck, and put my key on it, closed the clasp and then crazy glued the clasp so that I cannot get it off. In an emergency, me or the paramedics could simply break the chain and the key would then become readily available. You cannot imagine the frustration of walking around with the key to my freedom so very close and yet so far!

spider203, firemandcb and Breathe like this.
  7. chastiff

chastiff Long term member

Engineer
    London
    Local Time:
    8:00 PM
    [​IMG]

My emergency key hangs around my neck;
    Break glass in case of an emergency is the idea

Kind regards,
    Chastiff

Attached Files:

• key.jpg
      key.jpg
      File size:
      106.8 KB
      Views:
    • key.jpg
      key.jpg
      File size:
      106.8 KB
      Views:
    • key.jpg
      key.jpg
      File size:
      106.8 KB
      Views:
    Breathe likes this.
  8. Mandynjack

Mandynjack Long term member

Local Time:
    Cute xx

9. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    I always thought an emergency key was a joke. I'm somewhat young and healthy. Last year several trips to the ER and now I think it was foolish to travel without one. We never know when something is going to happen. As long as they key is relatively secure where she would know if you used it then its all good. It will certainly save you some embarrassment if something were to ever come up.

Breathe likes this.
  10. Surrendered to Bec

Surrendered to Bec Property of Bec. SLRN 281-606-394

Truck Driver
    Brisbane, Australia
    Local Time:
    Bec and I discussed this at the start too. It was decided that I could keep a key while getting everything adjusted, but once I was happy with the fit and comfort then I would hand it over.

After that I never had the need for it.

We too have had a break from it for a while and are just starting again :) just taking it one day at a time and seeing where it leads us, not trying to direct or guess where it's going. Still no key for me though :)

11. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    6:00 AM
    Right from day 1 of doing this, she has the keys and I don’t know, and don’t want to know where they are (although they are somewhere in our bedroom so with a bunch of searching I suppose I could find them).

12. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I think I should have clarified that the device does *not* have a padlock, so in an emergency if I were incapacitated, there's nothing obvious to cut with a saw or bolt cutter. The only thing would be to try to cut through the cuff ring, which is a cast stainless steel. The little brass integrated lock is visible, and could possibly be ground away, but I do not think a bolt cutter would get through the cuff ring.

guest 2942 likes this.
  13. Vicky Locked

Vicky Locked Member

Montreal, Quebec
    Local Time:
    My wife has one attached in her bra at all time and the emergency key is in the house somewhere. No need to know where. I never had the chance to ever touch her 2 keys. And I feel very comfortable going out without any emergency key.

14. Lakeman

Lakeman Long term member

Australia
    Local Time:
    6:00 AM
    I have much the same cage, think mine is the A273, only difference is mine has an open cage design. Same base ring, super comfortable, but yes, with the integrated lock and the wide base ring, would not be easy to escape from without the key.

15. zorglub

zorglub Tether freak

Software developper
    Arizona, USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:00 PM
    Actually, in a pinch, a 3/16" or so drill would make short work of that all-brass mortise lock

guest 2942 likes this.
  16. Surrendered to Bec

Truck Driver
    Brisbane, Australia
    Local Time:
    I'm not sure why you feel this info makes any real difference... you original post was about having an emergency key or not.

Or did I miss something and this is actually a "my lock is better than your lock" thread. :p

17. Jaxplayer

Jaxplayer New member

Professional
    US
    Local Time:
    No emergency key here. KH wears a key on a necklace in plain view of everyone. No idea where the other key is. I am not allowed to ask about or touch the key anyways.

18. permanentslave

Local Time:
    Likewise, no emergency key here either. Keys are kept in a combination safe which only Mistress knows the combination to.

19. Giles_English

Giles_English Chaste slave

Slave
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    8:00 PM
    I carry one. However, in most actual emergencies I can imagine, there wouldn't be an opportunity to discretely unlock so an emergency key wouldn't make much difference other than to save my device being destroyed - surgical nylon, so bolt cutters would go through it fine.

I'm not pierced, so if somebody was in a rush to get a catheter in etc, then they could just pull my dick out the back and go right ahead.

20. Mimi

Mimi Long term member

House maid
    UK
    Local Time:
    I dont have access to the keys at all, mistress has one on a chain round her neck at all times im locked, Spare is hidden away and if needed in emergency i have to text mistress at work for the location. Cannot ring her her as she is working. Must be extremely good reason as Mistress comes home for lunch. Only ever needed it once.

21. Cecilia B

Cecilia B Long term member

Hotel Assistant Manager
    Local Time:
    I don't give him an emergency key. He has tools to get it off, if he has to. He's done it a couple of times when he was supposed to work in the office, but got sent into the field on an emergency. He's also done it a couple of times when I broke a limit.

22. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I've been at this too long to have those kinds of contests. :-\

No, it was to clarify that it would not be as simple as using a common bolt cutter on a small padlock.

23. Surrendered to Bec

Truck Driver
    Brisbane, Australia
    Local Time:
    fair enough :) even though I use a small padlock on mine, there's not really anywhere to get boltcutters into the shackle. I guess a big pair of pliers on the body of the lock and a firm twist wold break it off though... in a pinch.

24. Tom Allen

Tom Allen Member

Southern New England
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Ouch - quite literally, I'd think.

25. bondinchas

bondinchas Long term member

UK
    Local Time:
    No emergency key for me.

With small brass padlocks the weak part is the brass body, not the hardened steel shackle, the body being particularly weak where the shackle enters.
    Without a key the easy ways to get a padlock off is to either crush the lock body diagonally across opposite corners [in a vice], or use two small spanners back to back to spread the shackle apart so blowing the top of the brass apart.

Of course both methods destroy the lock so can't be hidden from your keyholder.

This shows how to do it with spanners:

Useful to know if you do have an emergency.

Tom Allen likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice