Vintage Art

Discussion in 'Work of others' started by lauren1fem, Feb 1, 2009.

1. lauren1fem

lauren1fem Gurl

Local Time:
    11:21 AM
    I've discovered a site that I think does a fantastic job of detailing some of the early (1950 thru 60's) "forced petticoat" literature + art that was published during that time. The site covers art that is more recent too, but I was really interested in the stuff that is covered early and wanted to start this thread to discuss it.

The page's on the site are titled: Carole Jean's History of Petticoat Punishment Art. I am enjoying this site and wanted to share with you all here at the mansion. I do this as a salute to the dedicated work that the website's author Carole Jean lovingly details. So here is the site if you want to read and look at all the pictures. I have no idea if the information is accurate, but it seems credible so who am I to question it?

Just to get the ball rolling here are a few photos of the cover pages for some of the books covered on the site. There are many more so I hope you'll read about them and join into the discussion that follows.

art066.jpg art069.jpg art073.jpg art122.jpg

I am hoping you will contribute to this thread and enjoy the cover art along the way. Also, it seems that the website author mentioned above would love to obtain any fresh information or corrections if you are aware of them. (I asked the website author, Carole Jean, about this beforehand and she seemed happy to share.)

http://petticoatpunishmentart.com/docs/cjarticles.html

So please refer to the link above and post away here as you see fit.

2. lauren1fem

lauren1fem Gurl

Local Time:
    First impressions

Maybe you'll agree with me, or maybe not. But I am impressed by the art of that time and the imagination and imagery that they convey.

The thing that first strikes me about this material is the era that it was written in. Think back to that time here in the US: It was the tail-end of the McCarthy era - of extreme paranoia. People who didn't fit in were persecuted. Anything considered "queer" was branded "subversive"... I have to think that the author, artist and publicists must have been taking a great risk to create these materials - at least in the US.

And what about the daring reader? While I am sure it was difficult to even get their hands on something like this, just think of the risk they took when buying it? These are people who thought of themselves as different - people just like us here at the mansion. But the risk of being "outed" then had greater consequences. Queebs, queers, weirdos, "preverts", dominatrix women - this was not your neighbor next-door back then I should think.

Can you imagine being a sissy in the 1950s (maybe there are a few of us here now)? If you were "outed" you might end up getting beat up, "black-listed", all kinds of things. And what about a domme? I would bet she would have to make all her clothing and outfits. There was no website to go buy whips, chains, butt plugs, chastity belts and such either. These were primitive times for us and I believe it must have taken a person with great determination to live their lifestyle against many odds that even we don't have to deal with now. I guess though that the extreme daring would have heightened the excitement level for all involved. I would love to be transported to that time and live that lifestyle for just one week. What fun that would be - don't you agree?

I am left sort of awestruck that the world we are striving to create for ourselves now, also existed 50 years ago. Maybe it was different in the UK, or Germany or other countries where mansion members live, but the cookie cutter America that existed back then is thought of as pretty tame. So I have to consider that these artists are quite a rare breed indeed.

We all owe them a lot of credit for paving the way for us "phreaks".

mikayla likes this.
  3. dollyanne

dollyanne Sissy who loves pink frilly things!

Dallas, TX
    Local Time:
    12:21 PM
    Thanks, lauren! There's a lot of great stuff here! Dollyanne will need a few free hours to peruse it thoroughly! Dollyanne has a link in mind too, but has to find it.

Huggs,
    :butterfly:
    dollyanne

4. Burger_01

Burger_01 Chastity Geek

Local Time:
    3:21 AM
    I was right with you Lauren, up till then. I can't say I'd look forward to it at all.. pinups and hotrods are very cool, but the people must have been so bland. I'm way too young (born 83) to pretend to know what it was like, but I'd like to point out that it isn't all beer and skittles now either.

I'm sure in the 50's when you got on a plane, they probably just let you on.. They didn't arrest you for taking a photograph in the airport. There's a whole new world of conservativeness arising.. Bush, Blair and Howard as its fore fathers. Everything must be secure, everything must be checked. People who stop to think before reacting are weak and should be removed from office.

I hope the switch to more liberal talking politicians reflects a change back to the accepting path we were on. :S

5. Miss D

Miss D Expert In Femming

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:21 AM
    Yes, lauren - those cover pages are quite exquisite. I think My favorite is "Nancy Fancy Pants" but they are all lovely. I think a sissy gurl put in such classic lingerie couldn't help but feel very femmed.

A comment about the times - the 50's. People in close-minded societies are no less kinky - it is a part of the human condition. But, I agree with you - there was a certain degree of danger to be so explicit. And yet - someone did do the artwork and someone published it and who knows how many people viewed it. Even in today's world this topic is public knowledge and yet - it isn't well accepted in the mainstream. And maybe - that is part of the allure - the forbidden nature of it all... A very interesting point.

:anim_26:

6. spiraled1

spiraled1 Member

Local Time:
    thanks for the info Lauren - those are great pictures! Along these lines, does anyone know of any source where display-quality prints of femdom or chastity-related artwork can be purchased? I'm thinking specifically about the wonderful drawings in the "classic femdom art" section of Elise Sutton's femalesuperiority.com website? My girlfriend and I love those pictures and would love to buy some to hang on our bedroom wall.

7. lauren1fem

lauren1fem Gurl

Local Time:
    The site I refer to does seem to provide for things to be purchased. Carole Jean even had work commissioned so if you don't find what you're looking for you could ask Carole about it in an email if you poke around on the site for "his" email address.

Please know that I am not pushing the stuff on the site, just passing along the information to share. Any way here's a link that might help: http://petticoatpunishmentart.com/docs/orderdownloads.html

8. lauren1fem

lauren1fem Gurl

Local Time:
    Some more pics

I wanted to share a few more cover pics because I love them. I hope you enjoy them or have some comments about them. It seems that many of my favorites (like Fancy Pants Nancy - I love that title) are by Bill Ward. He seems to capture well what spins in my mind.

art123.jpg art124.jpg art125.jpg art260LOP07.jpg

The guy in red in the background of the third picture is apparently a depiction of Bill Ward himself.

9. spiraled1

spiraled1 Member

Local Time:
    Great - thanks Lauren!

10. PT109

PT109 Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:21 PM
    Don't forget that this was the time when comic books reigned supreme. All kinds of deviant activity was permitted and enjoyed by a broad range of readers. On the surface it was all fantasy, but it left a lot of room for those who could appreciate the perv factor. Now a days in the era of political correctness we over analyze everything and try to identify every implication inherent in every aspect of the media. Most people would have considered the cartoons as humorous, silly or a waste of time but the end result was that there was a lot more freedom in the fifties than there is now- less understanding of real deviant behavior, that is true, but a lot more room to hide it. Privacy was important to nearly everyone and religion was more in the closet than it is now.

11. Miss D

Miss D Expert In Femming

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I really like the third picture in the new set. The gurl looks so pretty in her filmy green dress... so soft and feminine! Of course, we know who is leading their dance - don't we?

12. lauren1fem

lauren1fem Gurl

Local Time:
    Where to get pictures...

I found a site that might interest you for Bill Ward art. It's probably more tame images than what you're after, but have a look. They are all large high quality prints: http://www.womenofward.net/Store/store.htm

Good luck and let us all know if you find something better.

13. dollyanne

dollyanne Sissy who loves pink frilly things!

Dallas, TX
    Local Time:
    You may be familiar with the femdom art of Sardax, but if not, here is their site: Sardax.

dollyanne

14. spiraled1

spiraled1 Member

Local Time:
    Oh yes - Sardax is great. For some reason not quite my girlfriend's style though...

15. Respectful

Respectful Chaste by choice

Local Time:
  16. tjr

tjr Junior Member

Local Time:
    Retro Femdom sissy is best!

I totally agree with the old artwork being better; hentai is too stylized for my taste, and the old themes and taboos just play better.

Blacknwhite
    [​IMG]
    and ForcedCrossdresser are good illustrated story sites. But my illustrated stories are definitely from the 50's and 60's in attitudes.

Dommy Mommies and Sissy Boys
    Forced Fem Pants to Panties Illustrated stories!
    cd tgyrl ladyboy Blackbulls/shemale romance
    http://sissytrain.com/Fpage/fpage.html
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And cruel femdom illustrated stories!!
    Gestapo Mistress, Dommy mommies, femdom cuckolding!
    http://midnightx.com/fpage/fpage.html

[​IMG]

But Blackowned, teasing, femdom, cuckolding, and chastity belting wives are my favorite:
    http://midnightx.com/fpage/links/Rhino1/rhino1.html

Attached Files:

17. omegastar013

omegastar013 looking for love

disabled
    norfolk, virginia
    Local Time:
    1:21 PM
  18. tjr

tjr Junior Member

Local Time:

Attached Files:

19. lauren1fem

lauren1fem Gurl

Local Time:
    Thanks tjr!

20. tjr

tjr Junior Member

Local Time:

Attached Files:

21. crayle

crayle Junior Member

Local Time:
    The artist whose work you like was Eric Stanton, not Bill Ward.

I was privileged to do some writing for Stanton a few years before he died, and he had many stories of working in the restrictive 50s and 60s.

22. lauren1fem

lauren1fem Gurl

Local Time:
    Thank you crayle... So is the guy in red here (third picture) actually Stanton, not Ward? http://www.chastitymansion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12739&postcount=8 (I was summarizing from information at petticoat about this, so I have no way to validate it).

Thanks for the info. I always enjoy it when someone has passion for a subject. You're lucky to have worked with any of these individuals. :butterfly:

23. crayle

crayle Junior Member

Local Time:
    Yes, the guy in red in the picture is Stanton; he often put caricatures or idealized puictures of himself in his art.

24. subthrone

subthrone Junior Member

Local Time:
    Hello Lauren. Thanks for the great art. Anything else you would like to share would be more than welcome.

25. lauren1fem

lauren1fem Gurl

Local Time:
    Ok gurls. Here's a huge collection (179) of sissy caricatures - mostly by Prissy. I love them all, do you?

Prissy Sissy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice