Ideas from CM members...

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by Breathe, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Breathe

Breathe Be true to yourself

United States
    Local Time:
    1:59 AM
    Hi, everyone! So I thought I'd start a new thread in here. There doesn't seem to be a recent one specifically calling for feedback and/or new ideas from the members of CM. Mods are busy making many improvements, so I thought we could do our part and help them out a bit with some valuable feedback!

Keep in mind, this thread isn't meant for barking or airing grievances! There are plenty of other places around CM to do that, if you must. :rolleyes: I think we can all contribute to this subject as adults to keep this conversation beneficial for all of us.

So, kindly save the shenanigans for other sides of the Mansion, if you don't mind. :)

I thought we could start a fresh discussion about desired changes or features that members have asked about. I've talked to a few, and I imagine there are others that have much to share as well.

That said, I'll start with a couple!

Jens and Joroincharge like this.
  2. Breathe

United States
    Local Time:
    Based on several conversations I've had and discussions of late, it seems that a tweak to the chat system could make some members (particularly new and/or vanilla) feel more comfortable or welcome. I have no problem swatting away the shallows, but some people find it intimidating.

We could consider some restrictions to control and enhance the quality of the users that reach the active members of the site. There are many ways to do this. For instance:

To participate in chat, a user must:

- meet a predetermined post count (with some form of substance)
    - introduce themselves in the Foyer
    - fill out basic profile information

Numerous users have commented on the flood of random or annoying conversations in minichat and/or PM. Not to complicate the formula, but you could also limit PM abilities until the aforementioned criteria are met - with the exception of contacting staff, of course.

This would serve as a small initial screening to limit (some of) the (unwelcome) pervy stuff flooding through the front door. :)

Goddess Gaia, Mr M, Caged1234 and 2 others like this.
  3. Breathe

United States
    Local Time:
    Many members and mods alike have complained about 'hardcore' kinks, subjects, or photos 'polluting' common areas and/or alarming new/vanilla members of the site...

While I enjoy lots (and lots) of kinks, I can agree that perhaps holding back the 'heavy' stuff - or at least making it a few steps further than the front door, as I've heard somewhere here - could encourage less experienced users to wade into the waters of chastity more calmly... without feeling obligation or intimidation from any nearby sharks. The world is, of course, a dangerous and beautiful place... but some out there might need water wings at first. We were all new at some point.

I think great strides have been made on this front already, with the forum reshuffling. Nice job by the way, staff. :)

It's common for some mobile versions to have a bare bones 'theme', a term that's likely generous. It's basically a text version of the page. I didn't have enough time with the themes that were booted during the recent change to remember the name of it, but I seem to remember one of them looking... well... a little boring? :D No offense. Could a 'vanilla-lite theme' be an option, in addition to night/day?

I'd personally never use it, but it could incorporate something like a text version of the forum and/or an automatic disabling of the 'kinkier' sections (similar to the optional forum choices, a feature already available in your user settings ;)). Since it'd be so limited in functionality, I imagine the implementation wouldn't be terribly difficult, and it could make some people happy without harming others. I know many people read erotica online, and it's usually in basic text form. By providing this 'theme', we could present CM in a familiar way to new, non-hardcore members familiar with this browsing format.

I've also heard more than one KH wanting to limit nudity for their locked ones. This could allow 'chaste' viewing and interaction on CM, if the KH desired. You never know what could bring in new members, and this seems like it'd give users an option to have an R rated version of CM as opposed to an NC-17/X rating... for those that want their chastity that way.

Seems like a harmless enough option to provide while not affecting any other members who have firmly established how freely their freak flags fly. :cool::kiss:

---​

(Sidenote: I don't think I've thought or written this much about the vanilla POV in... ever! What a twist!)

Jens, Joan.t and Caged1234 like this.
  4. Breathe

United States
    Local Time:
    Numerous social media sites have a 'relationships in' function for user profiles.

I think it could potentially help clarify interests and streamline interactions if users could obviously state whether or not they were single, attached, who to, or whatever else they wanted to include.

If a KH or locked one is uninterested in interacting with other members and are only here to read/learn, they can clearly state they are 'not looking', or something similar. Which may save them some annoying messages.

If a KH or locked one IS interested in interacting with another, and wanted to 'advertise' themselves, this could streamline the process and invite communication between like-minded strangers. Huzzah!

And finally, if both sides of the key are on CM, it gives an opportunity to clearly show that.. in case the profile viewer was curious (or needed a clear reminder) about the relationship. :rolleyes:

5. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    2:59 AM
    The previous version had a what’s new button. This version does too but it doesn’t work like the old version.

I get new posts, but I don’t really get new new replies. This feature helps so I don’t have to search each room and find out if there is something I may have missed.

Sometimes I get alerts on people that have commented on a thread, yet that thread isn’t showing up on the “ what’s new”.

Goddess Gaia and Caged1234 like this.
  6. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    7:59 AM
    @Nicoftime - one way to see all of what's new in an unfiltered way is to click on Members on the top navigation section. Then Recent Activity. This gives you every post on the forum, in every room, and ever status update, as well as who's liked what. You can go back as far as you like. You can also filter it to show all the status updates etc. I know many older members use Recent Activity as their main way of browsing the forum, as it shows everything listed in order of posting.

7. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    1:44 PM
    I particularly like the side notifications which highlight the five most viewed and five most liked threads. They show where the action is and invariably there is something interesting to read and get involved with.

Goddess Gaia, Caged1234 and Breathe like this.
  8. Breathe

United States
    Local Time:
    From another thread, but it was locked. Thought I'd mention here that I think this is a great idea, for many reasons! Particularly, it could really help control (read: improve) the content new members see upon entering the Mansion. Nice project idea, @Jens (Partner).

Goddess Gaia and Jens like this.
  9. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    This is a fantastic thread. All sorts of ideas here. I shall be posting a link to it from the Staff Board as it may well be that Jens would like to incorporate some of this if practical and compatible with other ongoing changes. I am also making it a sticky.

Breathe likes this.
  10. Caged1234

Caged1234 Active member

Germany
    Local Time:
    8:59 AM
    I think whatever can be practicably done to attract new members and especially people who are new to chastity should be done. This is such a great resource with so many awesome people it's a real shame if people are getting scared of by some of the not so pleasant people that lurk in the mini chat.

Goddess Gaia and Jens like this.
  11. Breathe

United States
    Local Time:
    Thanks, @Joroincharge. For the sticky-ing, as well! :)

12. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    As Tom Cruise once said, I feel the need for speed. It's sloth-like. Hopefully, this is temporary but its soooo annoying.

Breathe likes this.
  13. Breathe

United States
    Local Time:
    Some quick thoughts about layout, after conversing with Lucy.

I personally liked the layout of 'rooms' in the Mansion, but I can see why some people would have turned away due to initial confusion or exposure to less-than-vanilla topics. The reshuffling here has improved the organization I think, but it seems the url itself lacks a bit of the identity it once had, in My opinion.

Referencing the article idea, that could be a great addition to the landing page... a 'Blueprint' of the Mansion, explaining the rooms without forcing people to figure them out for themselves in more detail. We would know where desired content is, without having to go into the rooms ourselves to get even the first idea.

The blueprint wording and description could be very straight-forward and avoid discussion of hard core interests... while still letting us kinky ones know where the 'harder' stuff is. ;)

Goddess Gaia, Jens and Joroincharge like this.
  14. Mr M

Mr M Find yourself, find peace; find others, find joy.

Professional
    Florida, USA
    Local Time:
    3:59 AM
    Agree!

15. Astarte

Astarte Active member

natural sciences
    Germany
    Local Time:
    Some of my thoughts about the board, updates and new ideas:

- I really like the way the board is now arranged (subsections etc.)

- I think it quite a bad idea to implement a post count for any reason ! I might be said that it's also about quality, but a) it's (almost) impossible to rate "quality" objektively and b) would this attempt result in a LOT of work for all mods to evaluate all postings of new users...

-Speaking about how peoble browse the board: "Recent activity" is no option for me as i am interested in postings only. Therefore I use the "new posts"-button. It is a shame though that in this view threads disappear once you read them...

16. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    Much I agree here too.

Breathe likes this.
  17. imasissytoo

imasissytoo Active member

Local Time:
    12:59 AM
    Good to see someone new has decided what rules should be followed in chat room. Maybe all chatters need to get your approval before we are allowed to chat.?

18. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    It’s nice to see sarcasm isn’t lacking in new members either, it looked pretty plain that they were suggestions, on a thread looking for suggestions.

I personally haven’t had any thought provoking inquiries in chat or mini chat such as; I wish I could cum, would you lock, I will do anything you want if you would be my keyholder, or I have a pathetic tiny cock that doesn’t deserve to cum so I wear panties. I do know that some female members have gotten peppered with those lovely nuggets of value (at least one) before she decided it was far easier to ignore everything than sift through the muck.

So I can understand why that particular problem might warrant a suggestion or two on how to fix it. I myself am not big on censoring forums, but a little tact apparently isn’t something you can take for granted that all members will use.

SubVerity, Breathe and Caged1234 like this.
  19. Jasmic68

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    I realise that part of what is happening at the moment is tweaking things trying to find a look for the Mansion that is good for everyone, and pleasing all of the people all of the time is utterly impossible, but I am not sure about the current header image. To me it looks like a huge male hand and the face I am unsure about, but it could be female. If the face was definitely male and the hand female then it would work as the hand is controlling and possessive, but as it is it just jars with my idea of what chastity is about.

20. Caged1234

Caged1234 Active member

Germany
    Local Time:
    Maybe when Jens or one of the other moderators/editors has some time they could set up a poll on a heading image .... that way it could be a democracy rules situation. But I do not think it is a priority right now, I would assume the priority is making sure the page is working fast enough.

21. Jasmic68

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    Absolutely.

Caged1234 likes this.
  22. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I saw the original on another thread before it was posted as a banner, was less blurred, definitely a female face being doted on by a male.

Jasmic68 likes this.
  23. Jasmic68

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    I suppose the problem is the orientation of the image. I realise if the hand was reaching up (which for a horizontal banner is obviously impossible) then the message would be very different. That would be much more about worship than about control.

24. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I said something like this would feel appropriate for my kh

Attached Files:

Breathe and Jasmic68 like this.
  25. Jasmic68

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    Absolutely!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice