Epdidymitits?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by hersforever, Jul 7, 2009.

Random Thread
  1. hersforever

hersforever Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:48 PM
    Just wondering if, in all the orgasm denial going on out there, anyone else has ever experienced epididymitis (infection of the epididymis, the sack behind the testicle where sperm waits to be released into seminal fluid via the vas deferens)?

I had some pain in my testicle the other day that came back the next day so my wife convinced me to go into the doctor that day and he said that I had an infection. I asked if the frequency of ejaculation would affect that and he said most certainly yes, but I've never seen it mentioned as a side effect of denial?

In my case, I've had the pain before but only on isolated occasions and it's gone away. This last stint my last orgasm was a little more than 3 weeks ago but I had a wet dream 2 weeks ago so it hasn't been a record time or anything since I had release. Any thoughts?

2. mikecb

mikecb Long term member

Local Time:
    4:48 PM
    I've done numerous, long stints without relief, and haven't had problems. I'm more inclined to think it's not due to the lack of orgasm, so much as the repeated pressure and rubbing on the testicles or vas deferens. Though I'm loath to explain why that would cause an infection. Usually, an infection requires contamination by an outside agent doesn't it?

mikecb

3. xcitex2

xcitex2 Back from the past!

Private Security.
    Kentucky
    Local Time:
    3:48 PM
    While I have certainly never heard of this infection before, I have experienced exactly what you described, on more than one occasion. I am curious as to what if anything yoru doctor says to do to eliminate the infection. Does diet or any other facotrs come into play? Thanks for posting this as this very well may be the issue my wife and I fight from time to time.

4. xcitex2

xcitex2 Back from the past!

Private Security.
    Kentucky
    Local Time:
  5. hersforever

hersforever Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    He put me on antibiotics in case of an infection and scheduled me for an ultrasound to check for torsion and possibly a tumor or cyst that could be causing it. I just thought it was interesting that I hadn't seen any mention of this associated with chastity.

Before I went into the doctor I came across epididymitis and thought it might be what was going on but then saw that it usually has symptoms such as chills and a fever associated, none of which I have. I guess we'll see what the ultrasound turns up.

6. Ms Tinks wand

Ms Tinks wand Long term member

Local Time:
    Not to state the obvious, but me, and millions of men worldwide, are members of the V club. After the snip both ends of the vas are sealed. In this case the sperm are still produced, but as they don't go anywhere they are treated as foreign bodies and attacked by the body's immune system (the reason why after a few years even the big needle into the testicles won't work for IVF purposes). If my balls are healthy 15 years after the snip, a few weeks with a CB on ain't going to make a difference.

7. slavey_slave

slavey_slave Sex God

Student
    England
    Local Time:
    8:48 PM
    i had this infection a few months back, before my chastity and denial started. I was having a regular sex life with my girlfriend. But weather or not it can be induced by the lack of orgasms i dont know. I know it took about a week to go with antibiotics. I feel for you man, my balls ached a lot when i had it.

8. chastityslavejohn

chastityslavejohn Mistress Irianna's pet

Local Time:
    Epididymitis is a medical condition in which there is inflammation of the epididymis (a curved structure at the back of the testicle in which sperm matures and is stored). This condition may be mildly to very painful, and the scrotum (sac containing the testicles) may become red, warm and swollen. It may be acute (of sudden onset) or rarely chronic.

Epididymitis is the most frequent cause of sudden scrotal pain. In contrast with men who have testicular torsion, the cremaster reflex (elevation of the testicle in response to stroking the upper inner thigh) is not altered. If the diagnosis is not entirely clear from the patient's history and physical examination, a Doppler ultrasound scan can confirm increased flow of blood to the affected epididymis.

Infection is the most common cause. In sexually active men, Chlamydia trachomatis is the most frequent causative microbe, followed by E. coli and Neisseria gonorrhoeae. In children, it may follow an infection in another part of the body (for example, a viral illness), or there may be an associated urinary tract anomaly. Another cause is sterile reflux of urine through the ejaculatory ducts. Antibiotics may be needed to control a component of infection. Treatment otherwise comprises pain killers or anti-inflammatory drugs and bed rest if necessary, and symptom control by resting the scrotum in a supported position.

9. slavey_slave

slavey_slave Sex God

Student
    England
    Local Time:
    When i got my dose of this, it was through infection. So there is a possility that it was just coincidence that you got it during chastity?

10. hersforever

hersforever Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    My guess is it was just coincidental, I just thought it was interesting that the doc mentioned less frequent releases as a possible cause. No prescription for more though so no medical reason for getting out more... lol I tried :)

11. slavey_slave

slavey_slave Sex God

Student
    England
    Local Time:
    Code:

haha, i could use this! :) she knows i had this too.
    ... cheers guy ;)
    funny story actually. My doctor told me in a stupid way.
    he fondled my balls for a while (out of chastity of course) then, after i had dressed sat me down and started talking to me. He then handed my a Herpies leaflet, and talked about what i had. I was a little scared! he then told me it was nothing to do with an STD and that it was epedidymitis. Think his bedside manner needs some work!

12. lock4ever

lock4ever Member

Local Time:
    Sorry to necropost, but it's a fairly important question and I actually have experience to add to it. I've had epididymitis twice. It is NOT FUN and you WILL KNOW when you have it. Touching part of the testicle near the vas deferens causes extreme sensitivity. I have no idea what caused it, but I was happily releasing the whole time before, during and after (during because if it's an infection, I should drain it right...)

Only many years later did my chastity inclinations arive (voluntary, not device based). I haven't had any recurrence of it at all, despite very long periods (6+ months) with no emission.

The only correlation I can make is I haven't had any epididymitis since I started wearing snug briefs instead of boxers. The tugging of hanging free all the time and jogging likely contributed to an irritation of the spermatic cords for me, my balls were always sore.

13. riki1

riki1 owned by Wife

Local Time:
    sitz baths

epedidymitis can be cause by clymidia, but it can also be caused, according to my doc. by some type of irritation, either physical or chemical. The usual course for a suspected infection (and culturing clymidia is seldom successful btw, so you really don't know if you have that as a causal agent) is a long course of antibiotics.

So 'how long?' i asked my doc when i had this. He says sometimes 'up to 3 months'. 'What's the cure rate', i ask. He says '50% because the blood supply down there isn't the best', same with the prostate. Any alternatives I ask, 'Sitz baths'. ' Whats the cure rate with those, i ask . . . 'about 50%' he says and we both laugh.

i do hot baths which i sit in for at least half an hour. works like a charm. i also lay off alcohol when i get problems there.

14. SubHub72

SubHub72 Member

Local Time:
    2:48 PM
    I unfortunately had another bout of epydidimitis a few months ago. I seem to be prone to it, I guess (possibly a result of my vasectomy? I don't recall getting this before the snip). The last time was different: my scrotum enlarged to about the size of a softball. It was huge and very tender. Interestingly, I had been in chastity leading up to that but I don't think the cause and effect was there. I remember when putting the CB on that it was unusually difficult to get the ring on. I was locked up for a day and it started to really hurt so I cut the lockup period short. I was let out, and was amazed at how swelled I was.

I went to the doc the next day and he was pretty surprised. I told him that I had had intercourse the night before and he just said "wow, you must have been really horny...". Well, I was - he had no idea. He couldn't even feel my chords and such but it responded well to the antibiotics.

So, I've had this maybe 3 or 4 times and it usually goes away pretty fast. I have read that STDs are a major cause, but I haven't had intercourse with anyone other than my wife for ~20 years so I don't see how it could be that.

15. riki1

riki1 owned by Wife

Local Time:
    i've had an inflamed prostate 'back up' into the epididimus. i've also had 'tender balls' after a weekend of, for me, too much drinking. and i have had my urologist insist he thought it was those clymidia lurking up there from my college days . . . so it very quickly begins to feel like who knows what or your guess is as good as mine.

When your balls get angry take a long hot bath immediately. if you choose antibiotics, do the hot baths too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice