Measuring up ?

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by WhiteKnight, Jul 1, 2009.

Random Thread
  1. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Member

Local Time:
    1:00 AM
    I’ve just invested in the new ‘short’ cage for my CB-6000 (and I’m really impressed with it: much better more comfortable fit). But trying to get that fit right got me thinking about the relationship between the ‘rings’ and the ‘locking pins’.

As we all know there are five (different size) rings and four (different length) locking pins. In general ‘comfort’ is dependent on the size of the ring and ‘security’ upon the size of the gap between the ring and the cage – determined by the length of the pin – used to trap the balls.

If you number the rings 1 – 5 (smallest to largest) and the pins 1 – 4 (shortest to longest) there are 5 x 4 = 20 possible combinations but, I think, only eight different fittings. For example I’m currently using the second-largest ring, 4, with the shortest pin, 1, OR a fit of 4+1=5.

You can put these into a table, but I have no idea how this is going to appear when I post it:

Pin 4 Pin 3 Pin 2 Pin 1

Ring 5 9 8 7 6

Ring 4 8 7 6 5

Ring 3 7 6 5 4

Ring 2 6 5 4 3

Ring 1 5 4 3 2

Unless you’ve got balls like grapefruit, I don’t think anyone is going to be using the largest ring with the longest spacer, but equally unless you’ve got balls like grapefruit pips, I’m damn sure no-one will be wearing a smallest ring with the shortest pin (trying looking !). But this does seem to suggest there are eight possible ways to get a medium fit or either a five or six.

I’ve no idea whether this is right or not – and would be very interested to hear from others – although I think it is. If so it could be used as a sort of Fitting Guide !

2. hersforever

hersforever Member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    6:00 PM
    That's an interesting way to look at it -- I'd never thought about it. I'm currently in a 6 (Ring 5 pin 1) and have cut the posts (I'm wearing a Curve) so that I can't use a longer pin, which means that moving down a ring size means moving down to a 5 and turns out to be excruciatingly painful for me (it's fine during the day but I'm a grower and at night it's hell). I think something like this would be great to include in information about the CB series.

3. spiraled1

spiraled1 Member

Local Time:
    8:00 PM
    I agree - that is a different way to look at it. I always use the second smallest pin, either with the small spacer or poi. Up until now I have used the number 4 ring for a total of 6, but now I'm trying to get used the medium sized ring, so I'm wearing a "5" total now
    ~spiraled1

4. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Member

Local Time:
    1:00 AM
    Thanks for the response guys. Good point 'hersforever' about the guide pins. I'm wearing a CB6K at present (so cutting the pins doesn't apply - although I have done !) but also started with a CB3K. Never cut / shorten the pins until you have played around and are absolutely certain you have the right fit. I first got the CB3K several years ago and I'm almost surprised it has taken me this long to get around to thinking about it !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice