Not all fairy tales have a happy ending

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Pietje12, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Pietje12

Pietje12 A champion was a contender who refused to give up.

Local Time:
    5:42 PM
    Earlier this week, my wife and I decided to quit with chastity play/dynamics/lifestyle. We struggled for almost two decades with sex. She's from a small religious town and raised with dogmas that sex is for reproduction only and not to be enjoyed, while I consider it an essential part of a relationship. A complicating element was that she had a strong belief that sex could never be a part of a discussion just because girls don't talk about this subject.

After 18 years of missionary position sex only (which satisfied her 100% and frustrated me to the max), we realized that we had to stop having sex at all or try to explore options. I gave her a hall pass to catch up and broaden her horizon. We brought chastity into our sex life to spice it up even more.

In the end it takes two people to tango. For some the idea of having a hotwife - cuckold relationship with her using all the freedom she got whilst being ignored yourselves, may sound like the ideal wife. It wasn't the case for me. We came from a situation in which everything other than missionary was called and condemned as perverse. We ended in a situation in which she had no clue about the time I was locked up. That gave me the feeling that my sexuality was denied again.

Well, with us both at the age of 47 we have agreed to quit sex completely and will never touch each other again apart from hugs or non-sexual intimacy. I have a hard time in believing that rational agreements can control primal instincts and fear a future full of lies and cheating.

Why this post? It's not intended to be a rant or expressing anger about my wife. It is about recognizing red flags and to prevent being blinded by the joy of change. Communication is key - if you can't have an honest respectful discussion showing dignity for the sexuality of the other, it's bound to fail. We learned it the hard way. I sincerely hope that this real life experiences can help others to prevent falling in this pitfall.

2. Nicoftime

Nicoftime The suspense is terrible...I hope it lasts

Railroad
    South of Lacrosse Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:42 AM
    I feel for you, I once thought about asking someone be my kh in the hopes it would lead to her feeling more comfortable with sex and bring us closer together. I didn't though because in the end I didn't really trust her enough with the keys and my sexuality to ask.

Sometimes there is no easy fix. Good luck.

Pietje12 likes this.
  3. Pietje12

Local Time:
    It is a painful situation. My opinion is that I've really reached out, she dated man without my prior knowledge but I was okay with it as I considered it as a part of reinventing herself. I got messages in which she was over the moon and happy and thankful for allowing her sexual development. When the shit hit the fan, those experiences were easily forgotten and it blew up in my face as "she only fulfilled my wishes". That was hard to swallow and led to the conclusion that we have no common ground concerning sex.

Don't get me wrong: I made mistakes as well especially by expressing disappointment when she had a great experience without paying attention to me or my wishes.

4. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Cuckold reality I would imagine, would be trickier than most would like to believe.

Giving her a hall pass, and then not following the "rules" of it is something that is always a possibility. There is also the strong possibility that her opinion of you or your relationship could change. I wouldn't suggest anyone try unless both parties really want it, trust each other explicitly, and love each other unconditionally.

I hope you two can work on your relationship again enough to build it back up to intimacy.

5. demale

demale Long term member

Semi-retired
    Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    11:42 AM
    I would proceed with caution. I have known husbands who talked reluctant wives into swinging and watched them become slutwives who loved their newfound freedom.

6. mcfeely

mcfeely Long term member

Medic
    Local Time:
    May be time to get together with a therapist. Your are both too young to go without sex. I think most women use the no sex thing as a test or form of control.

spider203 likes this.
  7. Gigaman

Gigaman Long term member

USA
    Local Time:
    It's very sad to read your story Pietje12. I thought I was in the same boat as you, gave up chastity, gave up sex. But I could only hold out so long before I started to resent my wife thinking that she was the problem ( really it was me ) We're trying it again and everything is working good so far but of course it's difficult. I think if you guys truly love each other and that's the keyword love and can have fun together then you should keep trying. You're both have to give up something but with the time you have invested in your relationship I think you really need to keep going, again as long as you love each other. You'll probably never get exactly what you want, but neither was she. You be surprised after year how my vanilla wife has come along. She's actually better at this than I am. I just had to give up my selfish thoughts, and start giving back to her even when that meant there was nothing in it for me! A few things I've learned
    1) i'm never gonna get as much chastity and Femdom as I want in my life and that's because I'm addicted. My problem.
    2) you can't make her be on the clock 24 seven, at least my wife because it's not her lifestyle it's mine and she's helping me with it. And I had to come to that realization.
    3) it has to be fun for her. It can't be work, It can't be a drag, it can't make her roll her eyes every time you ask for something from her or you want to play.
    4) most important there has to be something in it for her. It doesn't necessarily have to be sex, or chastity or Femdom. For example I let my wife financially dominate me. She's not so much into the domination thing but she does get money to buy what she wants and have the materialistic things that mean something to her. Just like I get my Femdom and my chastity play and punished when I need it. Some may just say that sounds ridiculous but it's working so far and we both get something we want. And during that our friendship and our love grows so for now that's the route were taking. She also gets other things like back rubs and foot rubs the typical stuff that a princess gets but the financial domination, I think she's really starting to enjoy it.

skD, Jamie's-Locked and Pietje12 like this.
  8. zebra

zebra Member

USA- California
    Local Time:
    8:42 AM
    WE hit the 30 year mark -- We had big dry spells - Her /me weight gain - I introduced chastity about 10 years ago -- she never really was interested but was ok with me wearing a cage -- last 2 years as long as she gets off when she wants all is good -- No BJ/HJ - I just get cuddle a back stroke or thigh stroke -- I got myself use to a self miking once in a while wand on the cage and pulled for it a ruined .. I learned to enjoy getting her off and embracing the sexual tension that I get. It not prefect but currently working. I would love for her to be KH -- work with hat your have

Jamie's-Locked and Pietje12 like this.
  9. Pietje12

Local Time:
    Thanks for all the comforting words, that really helps. @Gigaman, I'm so aware that I can't blame her but have to look in the mirror and face the mistakes I've made. The complicating part is that sex is off limits as a discussion topic which results in passive aggressive actions or responses to other things a couple talks about from both sides. Yes, I feel abused and humiliated. Why haven't I stopped this earlier instead of going on for 18 years; why haven't I rung the alarm bell earlier when I fell out of the equation when she was having extramarital fun? How come that she stopped paying attention to me as her impression was that she would never meet my standards? We've both ignored and crossed each others boundaries.

We had therapy, in which I was told to control my frustration and to positively reinforce her, which I did to the best of my abilities. In the end it boiled down to: "I did the best I could to fulfil your pervert wishes and I failed." That hurts because being labelled as a pervert is humiliating and that she only did it for me contradicts with the fun and joy she expressed when she used her "hall pass".

We need to find a solution to get out of the blaming game, there is no way back anymore and no way forward either as I refuse to return to her definition of sex (lying on her back saying: "you can start"). I was proud that I have never cheated on her while all friends have in their relationship. If we both retract to our safety zone with no common ground, I fear the worst.

spider203 and Gigaman like this.
  10. Gigaman

Gigaman Long term member

USA
    Local Time:
    Wow I don't know what to say. It's really hard reading a couple of paragraphs to try to figure out what people were, what people are now, and what people will be in the future. Sounds like you've been through a lot and nothing I can say can change that. I wish you the best, and I really hope you find what you're looking. Life short and everybody deserves to be happy !!!!!

11. demale

demale Long term member

Semi-retired
    Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    I think caged chastity should be the woman's idea, particularly since it puts a significant burden on her. I suggested it to my wife, she thought it unnecessary and I haven't mentioned it since. Should she change her mind I happily would go under lock and key.

12. Nicoftime

Railroad
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Most women have never heard of it, or have experienced control.

CJ's hubby likes this.
  13. spider203

spider203 Long term member

Local Time:
    4:42 PM
    Sorry to read that, I am a little concerned about the language you are using in the later part of your post,
    please don't give up.
    Thinking that keeping a marriage going by having no sex when one side want that intimate contact is crazy if you don't try and fix the marriage you will not have a marriage. I think you need to find another marriage councillor that will not pit one side against the other and that will not see sex as something perverted.
    Can you do me a favour and keep us posted, or you can sent anyone of us a PM if you prefer.

Gigaman likes this.
  14. Pietje12

Local Time:
    Thank you so much for the genuine concern. I'll try to keep you updated. This post was not written with the intention to raise concerns, but rather as a message to keep communicating as partners. The ugly reality is that things are falling apart at a rapid pace as we both have difficulties to make the leap over the pain towards the mutual love. The love is there, we both know it but I fear that we've passed the point of no return. I'll do anything to repair the damage that I have done and more to save our marriage. Wish me (or: us) luck please.

15. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    Good luck. They say time is the best healer

16. demale

demale Long term member

Semi-retired
    Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    You are entitled to a fulfilling sex life, just as your wife is. Ideally you can come to an agreement that makes both of you content, although that seems to be unlikely from what you say. What would make YOU happy? Would your wife, who had no problem cuckolding you, give you a hall pass as well? If so, what would you do with it?

17. Pietje12

Local Time:
    I have good news to share. It is amazing what discussing the highs and lows of your relationship can change and more specifically: can change our views of the problems that we ran into. Less than 24 hours ago I was pretty much devastated as I had never witnessed such a determination to separate in her. I think that we faced more difficulties especially concerning health than the ordinary family, but were privileged to enjoy more "highs" as well in the past two decades.

In the end the discussion was about sexual feelings and we came up with a list with "turn ons", "will and can do's" and "out of my comfort zone". This was not a structured process and this was not the intended result, but the willingness to come up with a solution to avoid a divorce, somehow led to this. Not surprisingly, the overlap was huge.

We made a step towards a solution. Discussing the hard times brought back the respect for the difficulties she faced when I needed help and vice versa, but most importantly: it made me (us) lose my narrow minded view on this problem. Talking about the good times returned the feeling that we were meant to be together. It is a step in the right direction in a very fragile situation, but it is the first time we tried to create solutions instead of damaging more.

18. demale

demale Long term member

Semi-retired
    Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    Encouraging news. Candid communication is the key. I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work, just as I and my wife have.

19. demale

demale Long term member

Semi-retired
    Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    Am curious. Does your wife still want her hall pass? If so, will you be content being a cuckold?

20. Pietje12

Local Time:
    Confidence is growing. We decided to eliminate all complicating elements and potential dangers such as extramarital sex. Our list of sexual activities that we both feel comfortable with is pretty limited at the moment, but it is a start. There is mutual willingness to make this work. We might decide to experiment with her "hall pass" again, but only if it works for the both of us. @demale if it works and we both enjoy it, we might and if there is something in for me and her, I guess I could be a happy cuckold. We're not even remotely close to that point though. You've mentioned this part twice, is there a specific question you want me to answer? I'm definitely experienced in this field.

Goddess Gaia likes this.
  21. demale

demale Long term member

Semi-retired
    Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    That sounds like a sensible approach. I was interested in your experience because my wife recently requested a hall pass and while she says she's unlikely to use it, it's an open-ended option for her.

22. starflyer

starflyer Junior Member

UK
    Local Time:
    4:42 PM

23. Pietje12

Local Time:
    That is exactly where the friction started with us. I really didn't feel any jealousy and was even happy for her that she could enjoy something I couldn't give her. Whether I was aware of it or not, (sub)consciously I expected something in return. It turned out to be sexual excitement, desire, attraction or whatever you can call the sexual dynamics between partners. It went wrong as her needs were fulfilled elsewhere and it didn't spark a fire between us, on the contrary and caused frustration when she didn't act at all. In the first situation feelings of neglect dominate while the second one is even more dangerous as frustration easily leads to viewing someone as dull, unattractive or uninteresting while they might only have had a bad week at work as example. Great power comes with great responsibilities and expectations, but should be discussed before you enter these dynamics.

24. demale

demale Long term member

Semi-retired
    Massachusetts
    Local Time:
    I appreciate your thoughtful response. Much as I would like to think that I could accept being cuckolded if it made my wife happy and didn't hurt the marriage, the reality might well be otherwise. My wife appears to understand that, which is why she says she is unlikely to take a lover. But she still wants the option.

25. Pietje12

Local Time:
    I almost feel like I should add a disclaimer :) This is my view with hindsight and it is just one experience, not a universal truth. It wasn't the lover that created the problem, it was perhaps my expectation that her freedom would lead to more sexual attention and desire between us. That didn't happen. Some women radiate sexuality, they flirt and use their sex appeal in their advantage. Other women don't and my experience is that giving a hall pass doesn't change that.

Talk to your wife would be my advice. If she wants one and understands your needs, you could enter a wonderful dynamic without ever taking a lover for real.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice