Tethered Male Chastity - has anyone tried this?

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by Dr_Strange, Oct 19, 2015.

1. danleft1

danleft1 Long term member

South East USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:38 PM
    On your first attempt or two it is scary ... but you just reverse the order and everything comes "apart" and it all comes right back out ... first pushing the spout into the urethra to disengage it from the retainer then once it is disengaged every thing will come out easily ... that is one thing that is better about the stainless steel retainers they disengage easier then the "rubber" ones

Dogchasecats likes this.
  2. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

retired academic/consultant
    UK
    Local Time:
    8:38 PM
    This aspect is interesting to me as I'm also uncircumcised and also prefer to fully retract my foreskin when fitting the cage. I think the fact that the tether allows a modest continuous tension to keep the penis fully inserted in the cage is a major plus as I'm not a fan of the extremely short cages but prefer to have any incipient erection constrained by having as much of the length of the erectile tissue inside the tube being constrained in diameter rather than doing a turtle-head job inside my body.

Zevon and Dogchasecats like this.
  3. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

UK
    Local Time:
    To do some initial experimentation I have turned up a teterspout, retainer and insertion tool out of delrin (yes, I know delrin is not ideal but is very quick to work with).

From a couple of brief tests I have to say I'm extremely impressed. The insertion and removal technique using floss is a lot less fiddly than I was expecting. I made the insertion tool much like a tetherspout but with a small extension as a handle. I think I will make the next tool slightly longer as I think I will find it easier to slide the spout out of the retainer when a little further into the urethra. I am also thinking of extending the 8.5mm diameter section of the spout to give it a more rounded end that might be easier to insert and propel along the urethra with finger pressure on the underside of the penis. Even though I didn't make the retainer very large - a size I can fairly easily insert - a quick pull test suggests it is quite secure enough for anti pull-out and I suspect it would cause considerable pain and damage to pull the spout out.

I think it would also be interesting to make an external ring that is, say, a press fit over the spout to keep a proportion of the spout protruding that might make fitting a cage a bit easier (depending on the design and securing method). Luckily the cage I am currently using is very like the one in the install video linked to earlier so I'm going to try that for a start.

Dogchasecats and danleft1 like this.
  4. switchling

switchling Long term member

Senior management
    Porirua, Greater Wellington, New Zealand
    Local Time:
    8:38 AM
    I came across the tetherspout only in the last few weeks. But on reading the background information on the inventor's site, it made complete sense from an engineering point of view. I had thought that a PA was the only route to better security for a cage, but my anatomy isn't well suited; apparently I have a "urethra like a garage" according to a professional who has seen his share! So a tetherspout seemed like a good alternative.

Anyway, to the point. The bits arrived from the US in impressively short order and are very comfortable. I tried using the Tether with a Chinese knock - off cage I have http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless...hash=item237139a758:m:mNyfKZCkblJ2_nLkU9cBsKw but with poor results. The hole in the end of the cage is ~8mm, meaning there is enough of a gap around the spout to cause pinching and discomfort, not of the 'good discomfort' type.

Then it occurred to me that one ought to be able to source a grommet to take up the slack. Sure enough, a well known auto parts chain in the UK carries 8mm OD panel grommets, which fit great. The ID is a little under 6mm, so the tetherspout is a snug fit and well gripped by the rubber of the grommet. The net result is no pinching whatsoever and an amost "don't know its there" feeling; which is a mixed blessing of course. ;) With the 24mm spout there seems to be enough space, certainly when flaccid. Mrs has me locked up with the new arrangement for my first night, so I should know in the morning how it feels when Mr Chubby makes an appearance!

s

Dogchasecats likes this.
  5. switchling

Senior management
    Local Time:
    BTW, many thanks to @zorglub for your informative posts and blog. Without your info I was struggling to work out what tetherspouts are or how they function.

6. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

UK
    Local Time:
    About the only real issue I have found so far is that, to remove the device I need to inject some fresh lube into my urethra as I find the retainer does not rotate easily back from its across-ways position after the spout is pushed back out of it. I did get slightly hooked up by this as I could not push the ring out with finger pressure from the outside. I solved the problem by gripping the retainer with a pair of tweezers and pulling it out.

With enough lube this isn't an issue but I think some practice at simply inserting and retrieving the retainer before even inserting the spout is worth doing for anyone giving this a try. My problems may be slightly greater because I am using a temporary Delrin spout and retainer which may not slide in the urethra as easily as stainless ones.

Dogchasecats likes this.
  7. C. Roc

C. Roc Active member

Local Time:
    9:38 PM
    As there appears to a a few people who are using the Tether,
    What would you advise the first time buyer to get ? - size, type

Dogchasecats likes this.
  8. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

UK
    Local Time:
    I have been experimenting with spouts and retainers I made myself so I can't say much about the commercial ones though from the Tetherspout site, if you look at the spouts page and follow the link to the order info page you will see he sells sets of spouts either plain or threaded and the sets cover a reasonable range of lengths. Similarly there is a lot of detail on the retainers order info page. In making my own retainers I can say that measuring your urethra accurately is important. The whole reason the Spout works at all is the surprising in-elasticity of the region about 15-20mm inside the urethra. I found that a retainer slightly larger than the size he listed for the 9mm (27fr) measurement of my urethra was almost impossible to get in and needed tweezers or forceps to remove. I would suggest sticking to a retainer size that is perhaps 1fr size smaller than your measurement. I doubt a retainer even significantly below size would pull through without a great deal of force and trauma.

Dogchasecats likes this.
  9. switchling

Senior management
    Local Time:
    Further to my last (and first) post, a couple back, the Tetherspout certainly "works"! The first experiment using it to hold a cage was a qualified success, with a couple of things to investigate further.

Even with the longest spout available (24mm) the amount of space with the cage on was possibly marginal. This is not helped by the grommet (only required as the ebay cage has an 8mm hole) taking up on the order of 4mm in addition to the cage thickness. I think this led to a constant pressure before any support of the cage is included.

The next issue is the weight of the cage. As I think others have said, this is fine for a very short while, but can be uncomfortable for longer. Of course, this is very possibly something that a body will get used to.

All in all, this led to a degree of irritation after a couple of days. From a standing start though, that's probably not surprising. Some time off, and then try gently again.

So far my impressions are very positive. Tetherspouts are somewhat of a genius little device.

Sizing is crucial though. You want to get that as accurate as you can.

Dogchasecats and gyrator53 like this.
  10. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

UK
    Local Time:
    Yes, I suspect that securing chastity cages is not something the designer has high on his personal list. I made my first spout 24mm long and like you I find it marginal so have made a 27mm one with a slightly extended 8.5mm diameter section that has a larger radius than the standard device.

Does your grommet act to keep the end of the spout protruding from the end of the urethra? I think this would really help fitting the cage as I have to thread the floss through the cage to pull enough of the spout out of the cage to secure it.

Dogchasecats likes this.
  11. switchling

Senior management
    Local Time:
    No, it's
    No. The issue I have is I've got a Chinese cage which has an 8mm hole. With the 6mm spout, the resulting space nips the flesh in a wholly unenjoyable fashion!

The grommet was a way to take up the extra space and reduce the effective home diameter to around 6mm. In fact, the spout is a "snug" fit and held quite firmly by the grommet.

On the plus side it has proven the basic concept. The two areas of improvement are lengthened spout and reduced cage weight. Ideally titanium for both! Sadly I don't have access to the skills and machinery the @zorglub does!! So, other alternatives will need to be explored.

12. Lockedup1979

Lockedup1979 Active member

Local Time:
    Where do I get one of these tethers ...please

Dogchasecats likes this.
  13. switchling

Senior management
    Local Time:
    They're sold by the inventor via http://tetherspout.com/ and you'd be advised to read up a fair bit on them first. Getting sizing right is one important thing that varies hugely between people. @zorglub also has a lot of useful info on here and his own site at http://tetheredchastity.blogspot.co.uk/.

Happy hunting.

Dogchasecats likes this.
  14. Lockedup1979

Lockedup1979 Active member

Local Time:
    Thanks for info

Dogchasecats likes this.
  15. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

UK
    Local Time:
    As far as a longer spout is concerned I think turning one from Teflon (PTFE) rod would be easy and possible even on a micro lathe.

Dogchasecats likes this.
  16. frisianm

frisianm Long term member

holland
    Local Time:
    i have the tetherspout as well but havent worn it long due to the fact i had no practical way of locking it on the cage.
    Then i contacted some people who made something simailr to this for me

https://steelworxx.de/PA-Fixing-114p.html?xPrioS=nt3e8613bfbmune0h4t6db4iu1

it looks very similair theonly addition is that i have a cross bar that screws in to wich the tetherspout is slid on wich cannot be removed without taking the cage off.

so there is no pullout issue now anymore and also no tugging on the insert and no dangeling locks ( wich can also easily be cut off)
    The extra anti pull out bar just came in so am wearing it now for the whole of 15 min. but still its all churical grade steel and the parts that are reachable with tools i made to bemuch thicker then the rest.

So so far i see no way out ( and i usually do:p)

Dogchasecats and gyrator53 like this.
  17. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

UK
    Local Time:
    I would be very interested in details of the cross bar and how its removal is prevented with the cage in place. Hopefully I could adapt the idea to my cage

Dogchasecats likes this.
  18. frisianm

holland
    Local Time:
    well its pretty simple ( ill see if i can post some pics soon) if you see the pic in the link ?
    thats how min looks only at the end close to the bend there is a screw in cross bar wich goes through the tetherspout locking it all in place

the main cage goes over that so you cant reach the crossbar anymore to unscrew it...wich means stuck as long as the steelworxx main cage (looker02) doesnt come off IMG-20170809-WA0000.jpeg

you can see the u shaped bar wich has a crossbar with the tetherspout on it the bar slides over the cage's 2 guide bars that go in the base ring

hopeit makes more sense now ;)

einheryar, Dogchasecats and gyrator53 like this.
  19. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

UK
    Local Time:
    Many thanks. Yes, I see how that works with the Looker 02 with the enclosed end. With mine (as in my avatar) the end is more open but I think I may be able to make a similar device with a hook into one of the side holes of the teterspout that could only be unhooked with the cage removed.

I'll have a go.

Dogchasecats likes this.
  20. frisianm

holland
    Local Time:
    yeah its more difficult with an open end as the crossbar would be visible and perhaps open for tampering
    i dont have that luckily want to be as secure as possible ;)

Dogchasecats likes this.
  21. frisianm

holland
    Local Time:
    tonight i will do the first sleep test , i did that first with the tetherspout locked with a padlock wich pinched and pulled terribly.
    This will go far better i think so we'll see in the morning how things go after a night with the plug in

Dogchasecats likes this.
  22. zorglub

zorglub Tether freak

Software developper
    Arizona, USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    1:38 PM
    You're giving me ideas. I think I could make a no-obstruction attachment (allows unobstructed urine flow and insertion of a stopper inside the spout) that is designed to fit inside the cage (my current designs are based on retaining wires that pass outside the cage).
    I have a question though: have you experienced any skin pinching with that arrangement? I am not circumcised and I am concerned some of that loose skin could become trapped between wire and cage... Also, is extra pressure from the wire noticeable/uncomfortable when you have an attempted erection?

Dogchasecats likes this.
  23. frisianm

holland
    Local Time:
    ive just worn it over night for the first time and no problems at all ( night time erections are not so fun but i think that goes for most devices but its not terrible)
    i havent felt any pinching or more pressure then normal , the cage was as small as i could get it already so there is no room to grow wich in my opinion is always better then having the room to grow.

So the pressure has remained the same as before...and seeing the u shaped bar lines the inside of the cage perfectly ( there is no space between them) i have not felt pinching.

Next test is going to work with it on wich i will to today wich is always a bit exciting , and i wil go to my GF's house for the weekend and i think well open it up on saturday to see how everythingis fairing.
    If everything is allright there is a big chance she will want it on when i leave on sunday and then ill prob. test it for the whole week with my keys being 30km's away in her place;)

Dogchasecats likes this.
  24. frisianm

holland
    Local Time:
    this inside u-shaped bar with the tether attach seems to way to go for me i cant reach the u shaped bar with tools as it is on the inside so the outer cage prevents that.
    The crossbar is screwed in with an hex key but after installation is protected by the lookers02 full closure cap at the end so i cant reach it but also it wont come undon as the cage is tightely around it , there is no room to unscrew off itself.
    The way it locks ( with the 2 round things sliding over the cage guide pins) is tight enough so it doesnt slide and make sound wich was important.

It also is thicker churgical steel then the rest of the bar , the 2 round thing are the only thing that is reachable so they should be to avoid tampering with tools.

so far i feel pretty locked with the keys going away in my GF's hand pretty soon i think ;P

Dogchasecats likes this.
  25. frisianm

holland
    Local Time:
    well my prophecy came true , i locked it on thursday evening and had it on all weekend with herand we talked a good deal about it and showed her all the bits and pieces
    she was very positive luckily .
    After 3 years of trying different cages and loosing hope in an escape proof way she now has a renewed interest.

So the cage came on and off a couple of times to show her but no orgasms for me and plenty for her she send me home without a key so the test got extended on her wishes till next friday when she gets here and she has not said she was sure she would unlock then.

Lets see what happens ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice