Advice on ordering SteelWorxx Looker 1

Discussion in 'Steelworxx' started by thefunone74, Mar 21, 2016.

1. thefunone74

thefunone74 Banned

California
    Local Time:
    5:39 AM
    Hello all,
    I currently have a Mature Metal Queens Keep with oval ring and all the other good options available. My KH/GF has decided we will be ordering the Looker 1.
    My question for anyone else that has ordered from him..... Measuring!
    Do I simply send the dimensions on my current cage and ring? Yes both fit perfect.
    Also, how to decide how long to make the insert go past the base ring?
    My plan is to order the anatomical ring, with fixed penis plug insert.

Thanks!

2. Cienna

Cienna Active member

Scotland
    Local Time:
    10:39 AM
    Hi,

I just ordered a Looker 01 a couple of weeks ago, so am still waiting for it to arrive (with baited breath!) and am not in a position yet to vouch for how effective my measurements were.

However, here's my experience to date:

I have both a CB6000, and a knock-off silicone 6000s, so used them as a basis for my measurements, as much in terms of what doesn't fit well as what does.

There's a measuring guide in the FAQ section of the Steelworxx site, but through discussing with others here, it became apparent that it might not be appropriate for all of the Steelworxx devices. I contacted Dietmar, the owner/engineer of Steelworxx, to clarify the various info I'd gathered.

I've ordered a Looker 01 with a fixed insert and an anatomical ring. For the overall length Dietmar recommended ordering between 10 and 20mm SHORTER than the measured flaccid length (consistently 80mm in my case), so I split the difference and went for 65mm. For the cage diameter, I knew the CBs were too tight at 36mm, so from that and measuring, I chose 38mm. I use the smallest spacer on the CB which leaves a gap between the cage and A-ring at the top of 7mm, and Dietmar suggested I stick with that.

The measurement I found the most difficult to take was the A-ring diameter: there's a lot of movement in that area, and it's difficult to know when using the "string method" or a tape, just how tight is tight enough, but not likely to pinch.

Having some other device to refer to was a big help here. The CB ring that seemed to fit me the best was the second largest - approx 47mm, although the 45mm could also work for me, if a little pinchy at times. Dietmar suggested going "a size down" from my CB ring size - not specifically because of the anatomical ring, just from his experience of customers going from a CB device to one of his. Note that by "one size" he actually means 1mm - despite what you might infer from the Steelworxx site, he will make pretty much any size you require. I hummed and hawwed between 45 and 46mm for quite a while, but with more measuring decided to follow his suggestion.

One thing that never came up in our emails was how far the insert should pass beyond the A-ring. That it does extend beyond the ring is sufficient to give it the added security over a device without an insert, I'm assuming. Unless you have a lot of experience of such things, I suspect having too deep an insert could be more uncomfortable than it needs to be.

I think that taking the measurements from your existing device would certainly be a good starting point, then maybe drop Dietmar an email to see if he has any suggested adjustments - he's normally pretty quick to respond.

Of course, if you can wait a few more weeks, I'll post again to let you know if my measurements actually worked out for me!

thefunone74 and maid_carrie like this.
  3. thefunone74

thefunone74 Banned

California
    Local Time:
    5:39 AM
    Thanks Cienna, yes please let me know how it goes when it arrives.

4. Cienna

Cienna Active member

Scotland
    Local Time:
    Hi funone,

My Looker 01 arrived last Friday, and I'm gradually letting it break me in ;)

I'll start a new thread in this forum detailing my experiences, but the headline message is that so far I'm very pleased. :D

Cienna

thefunone74 likes this.
  5. Submissive_Michelle

Submissive_Michelle Good Sissies wear Skirts and high heels

House sissy
    LONDON
    Local Time:
    How far does your insert extend beyond the base ring 10mm ? I was debating extending this too 15mm as I currently wear one that is around 8mm. That said I can pull out and off the insert but there's no way to bend the penis and get it back onto the insert as its way to close to the body once you pull out so it is in my opinion a good security method. Maybe 10mm is sufficient. Can you see if you can pull out and get back in and let us know your findings.

6. Cienna

Cienna Active member

Scotland
    Local Time:
    Hi Rabbit,

Yes, the insert on my Looker01 extends about 10mm beyond the base ring - i.e. the whole bulb section of the insert. I never really thought about altering this measurement when ordering, not having had any experience of this sort of device before.

I'm of the school of thought that there's no device that's 100% escape-proof if you're really, really determined to get out of it and don't mind destroying the device and/or causing yourself a bit of a mischief in the process, therefore a significant element to the Looker is its symbolism/reminder of chastity.

Given that, I'd rather not know for sure that a I can get out of it and back in again, as that would rather spoil the whole experience for me/us.

However, I have checked it's effectiveness a fair bit, up to a point, and I think I might just be able to get out of it, but only when I'm very flaccid - I think it will require pushing my penis almost entirely into my body and/or stretching my scrotum to an excruciating degree - neither of which would be particularly conducive to the reason you might be wanting to get it off in the first place! Like you, I think slipping back into the Looker would be pretty much impossible.

I also think that "untrapping" my testicles would either prove to be impossible or very much like getting kicked in them - not that that would be essential to cheating on the chastity, but given the chances of getting back into it, would be a far from comfortable situation.

Again, I stress that the above might be the case: the insert may prove to be - just - long enough to prevent removal as it is, but I'm not overly keen to confirm or disprove that theory at this point. Also, this is all based on my anatomy and pain threshold as well as the other dimensions of my specific device.

Like you, though, I have considered that if I was to purchase a second Steelworxx device in the future, I would probably go for a longer insert (and possibly wider too) just to be sure that the possibility of withdrawing was at a minimum. How much bigger, I'm not sure - 5mm isn't much, but it might be enough, and I'm not sure - anatomically - how much room there is in there.

Possibly you could discuss the details of this with Dietmar?

Cienna

maid_carrie likes this.
  7. newlychaste11

newlychaste11 New member

Local Time:
    Thanks for this information - I am looking to order one of these and am weighing up all the options, I would believe that it makes sense to have a tight fit, that being in length specifically. My only worry is whether to go for the fixed urethral insert - having never done this kind of thing properly before. I have played to a point, maybe 7 or 8 mm but not for any length of time, and not beyond a couple of inches internally. Given your experience, would you recommend that I just go for it all or nothing? How long can you wear? Do you truly get used to it or is it always there? thanks

8. Cienna

Cienna Active member

Scotland
    Local Time:
    Hi newlychaste,

"Tight" might be the wrong word. The principle seems to be a short fit - actually shorter than you measure. As I've said, I measured at 80mm and went for a 65mm overall length. Diameter-wise go for a snug or "relaxed" fit, definitely not tight. For starters, it'll make it particularly difficult to get into the cage if it's smaller than your bits! Also (and this is noted well in PansyTart's guide), if the cage is too narrow, when you do stiffen there'll be a tendency for the cage to push away from your body more.

My cage is sufficiently wide that I can move stuff around in there to clean things properly without taking it off, which is what you want for (hygienic) longer-term chastity.

Length-wise, I think I might have got away with going even shorter, but probably not by much at this stage.

Regarding the insert, I didn't have any experience of that either, so I got myself a similarly dimensioned penis-plug to see if I could cope. The insert on my cage is about 75mm/3 inches long, but obviously, as I'm flaccid when it's in place, the end of it is in my body, rather than sitting somewhere along the length of my penis. After all, that's where the enhanced security comes from.

It's a bit uncomfortable at the - ahem - point of penetration, but once past the initial insertion, it goes in fine. There can be a touch of irritation initially, so it's worth building up from a few hours, to half-a-day, to a day... Once you're fine with a couple of day's wear, you're probably good for as long as you're told to keep it on.

Unfortunately, for reasons not related to the cage itself, I've not been able to wear it for a while, but I have had it on for a couple of weeks straight: as mentioned, it's not too difficult to have a proper clean in the shower without removing it. I know that's not a very impressive time period by the standard of others, but I reckon that if you can go that long without issues, then you can go indefinitely...

Once you're used to it, the insert becomes one of those things that you don't notice is there unless you think about it - there is probably a slight sensation at times that's actually a little stimulating. Frankly, I love the look of the insert penetrating my caged penis, and all that it symbolises.

I can't compare a fixed insert to a removable one, but others here have posted that it can cause more irritation (there's some sort of flange on the inside where it joins the cage) and the nut that holds it can work loose (thus ruining the point of the insert). I think that some of those users have since gone on to a fixed insert, and wish they'd done that from the start.

I suppose that if you don't think you can cope with an insert, then get a cage without. If you think you can, then get a fixed one. Having a removable one doesn't quite fit in with the "long-term" aspect.

Obviously, all I've said here is from my own experience or recollection of other threads - your mileage, and anatomy, will vary.

Cienna

Iron78 likes this.
  9. newlychaste11

newlychaste11 New member

Local Time:
    Thank you so much for such a comprehensive reply, sorry for my delay.
    I have ordered the Looker, with insert non-removable. My length as measured is say 7 cm but lets be honest, I may as well be measuring a live animal in my hand, impossible. Anyway, I renewed my specifications to 55 mm length, 34 cock and 43 ball as I recall. I am expecting delivery next week.. Excited! thanks again,

10. newlychaste11

newlychaste11 New member

Local Time:
    Thank you too Boisub. I have the Looker on and i must say I think I lucked out on sizing. I maybe could afford myself a couple more mm girth but length is perfect, and it look so much better than the plastic ones.
    My issue is the peeing. I have been spoiled with the HT2 as I rarely has problems. This is a sit down job, bit of a nuisance.

For what it is worth, as a HT2 45, small user, the measurement that I went for on my Steelworxx order were
    A ring- 44
    Penis ring - 34 (the internal diameter of my HT Small)
    Length - 55

Like a glove..

Submissive_Michelle likes this.
  11. Submissive_Michelle

House sissy
    LONDON
    Local Time:
    Hi, now you have worn the Looker1 for some time would you still say the 10mm insert past the base ring is a good fit or would you have gone slightly longer?
    My little penis is only 73mm when limp and I am considering going for a 53mm cage that (end - base ring outside) i.e total length. I think Dietmar advised last time I communicated with him to go 20mm smaller.
    I must admit that my current cage being so short aids movement I at times cannot even feel it. It that you experience with the Looker1?

Mich

12. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    This is why it's quite a good idea to go for a low cost device or two and see how things work out over a few weeks .
    Once you have that data then you are in a better place to spend on a custom device.

Xx Wendy

13. Cienna

Cienna Active member

Scotland
    Local Time:
    Hi Mich,

You've put a couple of notes on my profile page, but as others might be interested, I thought it best to reply here, plus 140 chars might not be enough.

It seems like you might be over-thinking the measuring thing a bit: remember, Dietmar is an expert at making these things, so he just needs your dimensions, not a full description on each dimension that goes into the finished device - he'll calculate that stuff himself...

On saying that, I appreciate that the advice on his website is a little vague/contradictory/inaccurate in places.

In terms of the cage length, all you need to provide him with is your overall flaccid length minus "a bit". If I recall, going a bit shorter than your actual length helps in keeping the cage closer to your body. Dietmar suggests ordering a cage that is 10 to 20mm less that your overall flaccid length (so, yes, from the tip of your penis to your pubis). I measured that to be 80mm, then split the difference of the 10 to 20mm less than that to arrive at 65mm (i.e. 80mm measured length less 15mm).

That measurement is the overall (internal??? I've not checked) dimension of the device - so that includes the cage section, the gap and the diameter of the base ring.

For reference, I went with a 7mm gap as I thought it would suit my anatomy better (it does), but that doesn't affect the 65mm length I requested. i.e. the length ordered would have been 65mm whether I wanted a 7mm gap or a 12mm one.

I have to stress, again, that as everyone's anatomy is different, so will be their measurements and just how much smaller (or bigger) a cage they find comfortable, however: although I'm very happy with my device, if I was to order again, I would consider going a little shorter - so maybe the full 20mm rather than the 15mm I requested (and maybe "with practice" a bit shorter still ;)). I might also go for a slightly longer insert, but I'd want to check that wouldn't cause potential issues first. I went for the standard "10mm past the base ring", which is probably secure enough, but I might be able to - if I really tried - pull out of that (I don't really want to spoil the fantasy by testing that one!). 15 or 20mm might be enough to remove that doubt.

As I love the look and feel of my penis being penetrated I'd also consider going for a fatter insert too, maybe just by a couple of mm to fill things out a bit.

However, and I stress, all these things are very personal, and will depend on your anatomy, pain tolerance, tendency for morning wood and so on: only you can answer those questions.

Hopefully that's cleared up how to order the appropriate cage length though.

Let me know how you get on,
    Cienna

14. Submissive_Michelle

House sissy
    LONDON
    Local Time:
    Do you have some photo's of the cage off or on as I would be ordering the same length as you 5.5cm as being the same when soft around 7cm.
    However I would like to see the finished article and its appearance being 5.5cm in total length.
    Out of interest how long is the cage section please?

Mitch

15. sammartin

sammartin Chastity Slave in Training

Dallas, Texas USA
    Local Time:
    4:39 AM
    What do you think is the maximum that the urethral tube should extend beyond the "A" (base) ring?

16. newlychaste11

newlychaste11 New member

Local Time:
    Hi, I am not too up on my anatomy, but the 10mm or so that my looker01 has is fine, it could maybe go another 10mm but I don't know.. As it happens, my looker is in for alterations, I am having the U tube removed due to cleanliness issues. I did not mind it at all other than when passing urine, it just got messy.. No fun.

17. newlychaste11

newlychaste11 New member

Local Time:
    Hi, sorry for the delay. Yes, I had the Insert permanently on, non removable, I have now returned it for removal. Thanks.

18. newlychaste11

newlychaste11 New member

Local Time:
    I am sorry to d
    Hi, I am sorry to say the cage is in for alterations. I am having the U insert removed permanently. I will post pics on its return. Thanks.

19. Submissive_Michelle

House sissy
    LONDON
    Local Time:
    Its been a while since this post however Xmas is coming and mistress has bought me a Looker 1. I have been wearing a urethral device now for over a year and the appeal of the open design of the Looker1 attracted us due to the ease of keeping clean. My current cage is more like the Looker2 and difficult to keep the penis clean behind the pepper pot shield. An open Looker1 will allow me to be kept locked longer.
    Mistress and I like the urethral inserts as they ensure I sit to pee as you say it can be messy so I have to sit.
    Thank you for the advice appreciated.

Mitch

20. riginheel

riginheel Junior Member

Local Time:
    4:39 AM
    Hi Mich,
    I got a question about the comfort of the urethral insert. I usually wear tight pantyhose or legging, so my cage will be press downward to reduce the bulge look. My recent cage is MM Mistress Watcher and it was fine for whole day wearing. But how about if the urethral insert was added, I'm wondering if the end of the insert will cause some pain if the whole tube press between the leg. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice