Strictgate ordering caution

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by yyur, Feb 20, 2017.

1. yyur

yyur New member

Local Time:
    3:35 PM
    Hi all

I recently bought a Strictgate from their website and thought you may be interested in a cautionary tale.

My first problem was in skimming the list of items on the order page, I added a lock without noticing that the standard product comes with one anyway. So I spent an extra $23 needlessly. My bad!

The cost including shipping to the U.K. came to $270 (£225.90) and delivery was fairly swift. The box was very anonymous and of course paying through PayPal means that there's a very innocent looking transaction in my bank statement. However a few days later I got a fat envelope in the post from TNT requesting a further £67.74 - £47.74 VAT and £20 fees. Included in the letter was a complete consignment note from Strictgate with an itemised list of everything I'd purchased! It feels like a breach of privacy, I don't know why they couldn't have just listed it as the generic "novelty items" or something like that.

If I'd known up front that this was going to happen I don't think I would have bought it. Anyway, just wanted to get it off my chest. Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

2. Charles3451

Charles3451 Long term member

SE England
    Local Time:
    Isn't that import duty + vat which the shipper is duty bound to declare?

3. yyur

yyur New member

Local Time:
    Not import duty, it was VAT plus a handling fee. Which I understand is completely legitimate and I paid it immediately. My objection was the itemised consignment note which was sent to TNT.

If it had come from an EU country then I would have been charged VAT (or local equivalent) at the checkout, and it would have been zero rated on import. I had forgotten that Switzerland is not an EU country... I wish I'd waited until somewhere like Lovehoney stocks them.

Anyway this is getting rather off topic for this site. :) A quick review: it's not very comfortable. Persevering for now.

4. Vinny

Vinny Locked up again. Starting year 6.

Local Time:
    10:35 AM
    I have worked in the international trade and transportation business for a long time. I worked for a London based company for a few years and gave speeches to MP's a few times. I am familiar with your V.A.T. and Custom Tariffs. By law you must list precisely what is being imported so that the correct duty can be assessed and determine if the products are subject to quota or trade restrictions. You cannot import car parts and call them just car parts. Each part is subject to a different duty rate either on a percentage of the value, weight or number of pieces. The tariff books list many thousands of items, most in excruciating detail even down to the type of materials used, their use or how they are made. Detailed information is also needed for other agencies that deal with food and drug safety, animal protection, radio waves, radioactive (copy toner for instance), and a host of other government agencies who all need to know precisely what you are importing.

So what happened was perfectly normal and legal. The only real problem I see is that their link to their terms of sale, which would normally have a clause about the buyer being responsible for any import duties and taxes, is not working. I would email them and tell them that nowhere did they indicated that there would be import duties, that they goods would be shipped from out of the EU and that their link to their terms and conditions does not work thus depriving you of this key information.

Most people are unaware of the import process and most websites will address this. I could not find any mention of this on their website so if you used a credit card you may have grounds to place a stop payment and let them fight it out with your credit card company or Pay Pal. I know that credit card companies tend to take your side and most times win the fight since it becomes costly for the seller to hire a lawyer to defend themselves. I also know that if the cost here in the USA is $50 or less, they will just refund me the money as it would be not worth their time to fight on my behalf. I have gotten my money back for less reason than you have so give it a try. If nothing else, you are now knowledgeable about importing things you buy. :) The lock thing is on you though. It sounds like that the separate lock they sell is plastic to avoid showing up at airport security and metal scanners. Are the two locks the same or is one metal and the other non metallic? It is worth having a non metallic lock if you ever need to pass through a metal detector or have an erection during a thunderstorm with lightning. :)

Set includes :
    - 1 bio resin rigid ring – 3 sizes to choose of
    - 1 medical silicone soft tube
    - 1 standard pledge ring - 2 keys with a rustproof lock

zorglub likes this.
  5. yyur

yyur New member

Local Time:
    Hi,

Yes, the lock thing is completely on me. It's just another identical lock.

I know what you mean about identifying imports precisely, I did some research myself a few years ago when looking to set up an online store importing electronics from South Korea. However I would be amazed if there was a special tariff for "Milking Tool". :) But you never know. :)

Anyway I've just taken it off after ~24 hours and all I've achieved is a really sore ballsack and a dick that smells like a pub urinal. Major buyer's remorse, especially considering it cost me the best part of £300. My knock-off Rikers is much better and cost less than a 10th of the price.

6. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    I think it's perfectly legitimate to point out extra charges nothing wrong in that .
    Shame it makes sore

Xx Wendy

Newlover likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice