Smaller base ring or double base ring in current size?

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Wife's Submissive, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Wife's Submissive

Wife's Submissive Loving being denied by wife!

USA
    Local Time:
    3:35 PM
    I have had my jailbird for a few days. Already seeing it slide down some on base ring. Cage seems nice and tight so not any movement there. Would be concerned about getting a smaller base ring than the 1 5/8 that I have due to difficulty in getting balls through currently. However, would rather it be tighter against body without the slide. Would a double base ring in same size achieve he same end result or Would it most likely still slide? Doesn't slide off completely and can readjust to pull it back up it does slide a little down.

I am also achieving more of an erection that I would prefer when aroused at night. Any suggestions?

RGL likes this.
  2. Thatguyontheinternet

Thatguyontheinternet Owned by Thatgirl

Florida
    Local Time:
    Those cages are hefty and if you're not high and tight they'll slip. We dip the base ring in plasti-dip and when it's dry cut off the coating from the bottom half of the ring. The coating on the sides and top do surprisingly well holding things in place. So much so that I've done the same on every metal cage I've had since. I can't go too small on base rings because of some quirks in my pipes so this has been the answer for us

3. jim48

jim48 Long term member

Retired
    las vegas, NV US
    Local Time:
    12:35 PM
    Mine does the same thing. I would prefer that it stayed tight but that is not the case. I hate to go any smaller since I can just barely get a finger in as is.. The cage is tight and comfortable, so I just keep pulling it up. With an erection it slides down about 2 to 3 inches. The cage is 1 3/4 inches long.

4. CZSteve

CZSteve Caged Submissive to my Beautiful Wife/KH n2toys

Arlington, TX
    Local Time:
    2:35 PM
    I made a cable to be used as a belt around my waist to hold the cage high and tight, current cage is a stainless spiral from UberKinky that is very heavy.
    In my first attempt at with a cage I experienced a problem with edema with a 40mm A-ring and a problem of the 45mm ring letting the cage drop down; created the cable to 'test' the mid-level Spiral to ensure I would not have any long term edema problems - plan on using the cable w/ the Mature Metal Jail Bird I just ordered as it works very well and does not bother my at all; no problem during the day, working out at the gym, daily wear, or showering - adds a bit more security or at least a bit more of a mind fuck...
    BTW, also going with a double base ring; figure it'll feel better.
    Copy/Paste from previous post.

Simple trip to either the big box Blue or Orange 'play' store.
    I bought a length of 1/8 s/s stranded metal rope, some clear vinyl tubing to surround the metal rope, ferrules to clamp and form loops, and a crimping tool to really crimp the ferrules tight - you can probably get by by hammering the ferrules but the tool was not expensive and it's something I can use down the road for projects around the house or boat.

I didn't use the thimbles that came with the ferrule set as it would make the loops to big, the stiffness of the wire is just right to form loops on it's own that are the perfect size for the locking post. Once crimped I smoothed the ferrules with a Dremel and covered the ferrules and cut end of the vinyl tubing with heat shrink to smooth everything out to avoid rough contact points. A-Ring on first, wrap wire rope around waist with loops around locking post and then cage on and locked - rope not coming off without unlocking or using bolt cutters. Length sized tight enough to avoid pulling the cage up too much.
    This works amazingly well and does not need to be removed for showering and conceals just fine within clothes - I wear it 24/7 w/ the cage.
    NOTE: Wire and tubing available by the foot in-store @ ~ 33 cents per foot so it's a pretty cheap setup.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...ess-Steel-Uncoated-Wire-Rope-810050/204471267
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-8-in-Aluminum-Ferrule-and-Stop-Set-43254/205887928
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sioux-Ch...ft-Clear-PVC-Tubing-900-01030C00101/202257567
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-18-in-Swaging-Tool-43834/205887557

5. keyholder_wife

keyholder_wife Loving the power of being his keyholder!!

Tech Suppory
    USA
    Local Time:
    My goodness, Wife's Submissive. Hopefully you will find the right fit so that your keyholder_wife will feel less like the JB is a torture device and more like the tool of restriction that was the intended design. Fingers crossed that you're able to find that "Goldilocks" fit: not too small, not too big, just right. I'm sure she would appreciate that, if I were in that position that is.

6. gary170

gary170 Long term member

NZ
    Local Time:
    8:35 AM
    I had the same issue and asked mm to make a double ring a half size smaller it was hard to get on and after a week I was used to it there is no slip and you certainly cannot pull out of it it is difficult to get off but super comfortable on :)
    I got a 1 11/16 just perfect

7. Wife's Submissive

USA
    Local Time:
    I sent it off to them on Thursday to go down half a size and make a double bc the full size down sizing ring was almost painful to wear at all times, but definitely painful with an erection.

8. Wife's Submissive

USA
    Local Time:
    Well I got it back yesterday and while a little tough to get on it is super comfortable and doesn't slide down like it did. Unfortunately I still got woken up during last night, and I have come to the realization that it might be something I deal with. Or I can try the string or paracord method to keep it up closer against my body, because there is no way I can get it closer without help. The weight of the cage is always going to pull it down some.

There still might be a chance my body gets readjusted to being caged up, and it gets better over the next couple weeks. We will have to see if that is the case.

On another note, Mature Metal is awesome. They worked with me on some adjustments, and they were very quick at getting it back in just over a week from my door and back.

mistressmaturemetal likes this.
  9. Wife's Submissive

USA
    Local Time:
    I have started tying a string around waist to help support it from dropping down a little. It is still sliding a little even being a double ring and smaller. Any smaller and I won't be able to get it on and off. Will probably try plastidip on the bottom of the base ring this weekend from Home Depot to see if it helps the next issue below.

The last two nights the bottom of the base ring has kept being pushed a little against the boys and they are now very chafed which just makes it worse. I get woken up about every 2 hours now. I can usually get the partial erection to go away in a few minutes without having to get up by thinking about anything else. This keeps me from having to walk to the bathroom and possibly wake the wife up. Maybe this will stop from occurring eventually.

I just wish the base ring would stop the erections from occurring as it is very frustrating as I am keeping it somewhat close to my body with the string. It's not perfect as I suck at tying knots. I went outside the box and ordered an adjustable bungy cord yesterday that is flat and has plastic coated hooks that I can hook to each side of the base ring to keep it tight. Hopefully this will be easier than string and still achieves the same goal. Will post an update on this strategy.

10. jshackleton2016

DC metro area
    Local Time:
    I have a jailbird with a double base ring and it slips down. A smaller ring will cause me pain, so I can't go any smaller. My solution is to wear supportive underwear which keeps things closer to the body. I also purchased this strap on harness that I snap onto my base ring which makes me feel like I am wearing a full belt. https://www.smittenkittenonline.com...okie-international-leather-regimental-harness
    But this is not a 24/7 solution, as it is bulky. As long as the thing does not fall off of your body and it does not cause pain, you are doing pretty good! Good luck dialing things in. : - )

11. Wife's Submissive

USA
    Local Time:
    Another update.

Slight miscalculation on the bungy cord as I wasn't thinking about the size of the hooks. So still sticking with the string.

Getting woken up about every hour during the night the last two weeks. Every time it is my balls tightening up against the double ring and it causes enough pain to wake up. Not sure why this is the case as they hang low the rest of the day and during the day erections it doesn't hurt.

Have some plastidip to see if I can get the base ring to get tighter and less sliding so I can do away with the string. I am also hoping a layer or two of plastidip will also put enough pressure at the base ring to stop erections without pain.

I am not quite sure how tight the base ring should be to get these stopped. Anyone have thoughts? Not sure how much more I can go getting woken up each hour.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice