Question about finding the correct sizing for jail bird

Discussion in 'Mature Metal' started by Lockmeaway, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Lockmeaway

Lockmeaway New member

Local Time:
    4:09 PM
    Hi, I'm new to this site and basically inexperienced to chastity. I'm struggling to find a cage that fits me perfectly but in short I'm a grower not a shower and figured a custom chastity cage would be best and am interested in jail bird from MM. However I think my anatomy is a bit of a pain in the butt to make exact measurements but I noticed the sizing rings that they sell on mature metal -- are these useful at all? I already have cb6000s, could I not use this device as a measure unit as opposed to purchasing these rings (I live outside of US meaning I'd have to pay for P&P which is why I'm hesitant) and it be just as effective for measuring myself with? or not because the cb6000 base rings are different sizes compared to the jail bird rings?

also I'm about 2 inches flaccid/soft/uncut...so what would be the best cage length? 1"?

and I wanted to know something: is pulling out possible in these devices? by 'pull out' i mean be able to pull your penis out of the cage and if so does that not defeat the purpose of a chastity device?

thanks

2. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    11:09 AM
    Yes the sizing rings are worth the effort and expense. The steel rings are much thinner than the 6000 rings and fit differently. They will send you measuring instructions but 1-1 1/4 cage size would probably work well and ....If the cage fits properly No you cannot get out of it.

Mistress Michelle

Dave S87 and slave_m like this.
  3. Lockmeaway

Lockmeaway New member

Local Time:
    Thanks and ok good to know that stuff :)

Do most people go for the oval or round ring style option on the cage at MM? not sure what the difference is

4. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    I have heard mixed reviews on the oval ring, I am only familiar with the round ring. If it were Me suggesting for one of My subs I would be encouraging them to stick with the round ones.

Mistress Michelle

Lockmeaway likes this.
  5. Strapping Lad

Strapping Lad New member

Local Time:
    If your smallest flaccid length is 2 inches then ordering a 1 1/2 inch cage should provide a good fit because the base ring and gap together are about half an inch. Take lots of measurements at various times of the day for at least several days to get your smallest flaccid size but not times when it is unusually small such as right after a shower. It's easy to over-estimate the length and end up with a cage that is too long, it will likely cost around $100 to shorten it later if you get that wrong. If in doubt go with a shorter length such as the 1 1/4 suggested above, it is better to be a bit too short than too long since otherwise the tip of the head will not reach the tip of the cage and likely result in messy urination.

As was recommended above, get the sizing rings for the correct internal diameter and base ring sizes. For internal dimension you want a fit on the flaccid shaft that is snug but not tight, meaning the ring will not slide on its own but stays in place, that size will likely about 1/8 inch smaller than your actual width. The head will usually be a bit larger but use the shaft for the measurement.

Dave S87 likes this.
  6. Lockmeaway

Lockmeaway New member

Local Time:
    [QUOTE="Strapping Lad, post: 186011, member: 44481" get the sizing rings for the correct internal diameter and base ring sizes. For internal dimension you want a fit on the flaccid shaft that is snug but not tight, meaning the ring will not slide on its own but stays in place, that size will likely about 1/8 inch smaller than your actual width. The head will usually be a bit larger but use the shaft for the measurement.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm unaware of something but how exactly does the sizing rings help measure inner diameter? I thought the sizing rings were purely to measure the base ring aka where your balls sit?

"The head will usually be a bit larger but use the shaft for the measurement" when soft, I believe the head is actually smaller, for me at least.... would this be an issue when picking a size because near the top it's smaller than the base

So I gave a quick measure and my width at the base is about just over 1 1/4" I guess. So what's the next size down in diameter if I'm suppose to go down 1/8?

And thanks. That tip about going smaller than larger is good advice

7. Strapping Lad

Strapping Lad New member

Local Time:
    The sizing rings can also be used for internal diameter and go down to 1 1/8 inch, you put them around your shaft similar to how the cage rings would go, using those will give you the best measurement. Use them on the shaft regardless of the size of your head/glans. If you order the sizing rings they also come with directions.

Be sure to see the sizing tips on the MM site. For length it recommends 1/4 inch less that your smallest flaccid size, for some that will work fine, but for me and some others on this site we recommend deducting 1/2 inch instead due to the reasons mentioned further above. Ultimately it will be up to you to decide on how much to deduct, either way be sure you are confident about your smallest flaccid size and take several days/weeks to determine it.

8. Lockmeaway

Lockmeaway New member

Local Time:
    I see, thanks. I recently learned something that troubles me about this cage and measuring correctly, if I didn't mention, I'm uncircumcised and does this change the playing field in terms of how I should be measuring differently or is it all the same as you would measure if you were circumcised? would the foreskin not go through the hole at the top and cause abrasions or discomfort in anyway? I think my foreskin is about 2cm long.

I ordered the sizing rings. And I do plan on taking a couple weeks before finalising.

9. Chat408

Chat408 Owl always love you
    Verified Female

Kansas
    Local Time:
    10:09 AM
    We used the sizing rings, and he actually wore them for a day to make sure he got the correct. Ordered the Queens Keep and he has no problem wearing it 24/7

Lockmeaway likes this.
  10. Strapping Lad

Strapping Lad New member

Local Time:
    I don't know if being uncircumcised changes anything though I doubt it would since I don't recall anything about that on their fitting tips page. You can email them for advice on that.

Lockmeaway likes this.
  11. Wife's Submissive

Wife's Submissive Loving being denied by wife!

USA
    Local Time:
    I find myself in maybe a shorterer cage than i need although I measured about 1.9 inches flaccid and got the 1 1/2 cage and can't get a whole lot more than my head in there. I can jam some of me in there without discomfort. People always say they wish they had gone shorter so I did that. Never have pain from that part though. I do have pain in the night erections though as the base ring size might be incorrect.

Working with mature metal and will probably end up either upgrading to a double in current size to hopefully prevent sliding or will try the next size down sizing ring for a day or so to see if the plastic ring isn't too tight. If not then I will probably get a double in that smaller ring.

Hopefully once I get that sorted out I will be better.

12. Chat408

Verified Female

Kansas
    Local Time:
    We only have the head in, and he has night erections, but it may be related to the ring size.

13. Wife's Submissive

USA
    Local Time:
    Yeah I took mine off this morning after continual night erections the past week and it sliding down allowing mostly full erections. Actually was able to use the smaller measuring ring so I will try that for the make sure no issues before getting it all sent back to MM for resizing and making it a double ring.

14. Wife's Submissive

USA
    Local Time:
    The problem I see now using the smaller ring is my penis seems to stay bigger so it is much tougher to get the head(which mine is bigger than shaft)back in cage. I can do it but definitely a much tighter fit than it was before. I am partially still puffed out between where base ring is and he cage. Shouldn't be pinched but I am 90% sure this cage is about a 1/4 inch too short. I know a lot of people like shorter than what they need so I guess so major concerns long term. Anyone know?

15. Chat408

Verified Female

Kansas
    Local Time:
    Use the stocking method to post the cage on, this will help greatly. To do the stocking method, buy a pair of women's nylons, if necessary, trim the end. Then place the sewn tip through the end of the cage. Pull the nylons you are putting your penis in the cage to help get it on. This will allow you to put the cage on and ensure your penis is in the cage properly. Someplace on hear there is a link to a video that may help.

16. Strapping Lad

Strapping Lad New member

Local Time:
    Wife's Submissive, when you say that you can barely get the head in, is that due to width or length? Are you fully flaccid (or close to it) when you put on the device? Are things better now after working with it for a few weeks?

For length, if you measured 1.9" flaccid I can't see how a 1.5" cage would be so short that only the head fits, since the base ring and gap add over a quarter inch to the length, so something doesn't seem to add up. Since my last post I received a new Jail Bird. My smallest average flaccid length is about 1.25" and my previous JB was 1" x 1" with a 3/8" gap. The new one is smaller in length, width and gap. It is just 3/4" long (half an inch smaller than small flaccid) and 7/8" wide with a 1/4" gap, total length is about 1 3/16" and fits me much better. Surprisingly I still find on occasion that I don't fill the cage but most of the time the cage is full or overflowing. I also find that this smaller cage helps with nighttime erections since there is virtually no room for growth either in length or width, I am rarely woken up and if I am there is only mild discomfort due to pressure not pain.

17. Wife's Submissive

USA
    Local Time:
    Both really. It is a little narrower than it maybe should be bc I followed heir guidelines of using the shaft measurement rather than the head even though all of the head will be in there but not all the shaft. Mine is bigger than he shaft so I probably should have thought about that. If the length was a little longer it might be better accounting for the diameter being one size too small. It doesn't move much in the cage obviously bc it is tight which might not be bad. Makes a little tricky for hygiene.

I get woken up every hour the past two weeks during the night bc of erections more bc of pain on one of my balls probably bc the base ring still gets pushed against them during the night even though I couldn't go smaller. I seem to have more erections than during he night than most guys. I am staying out of it for a couple days to let me catch up on sleep.

I am just not able to figure out what I need to change and really don't want to spend anymore money on this thing.

18. Nostromo

Nostromo Long term member

New York City area
    Local Time:
    I have tried both oval and round rings. I found the round ones more comfortable.

19. Pogo

Pogo Member

Local Time:
    The round rings are well, round, the ovals are a bit wider side to side and a bit shorter top to bottom, so there's less pressure and potential chafing on the sides.I've found the oval shape on my Holy Trainer to be more comfortable than the round rings on the CB6000s, but your mileage may vary.Kinda depends on the shape of your junk.

20. Vinny

Vinny Locked up again. Starting year 6.

Local Time:
    MM has measuring instructions on their website using a string and ruler. I did as instructed and my ring size was the same as it was on all four of my other devices so I went with that. I also got the 1 1/4 inch cage because the gap adds to it and so does the amount that the ring moves away from your body. When I got it I had two problems. My scrotum was burning and due to ordering oval rings and being much thinner than my other rings, it was a little to big and I often woke up with it completely off of my body.

I thought that the burning was due to the ring but Mistress Mature Metal told me it was the gap which I never thought of. Sure enough when they enlarged my gap form 1/4" to a 1/2" the burning disappeared. I went down an 1/8th of an inch on the ring and those two things did the trick. They make it easy to send it back for alterations. Few custom made things are perfect the first time. I bought a lot of custom made suits and they all needed a final adjustment after wearing them for a while. Look on their website and they have directions. I did not get the rings because I have rings from my other devices. However I was able to go smaller.

21. sylvana chastity

sylvana chastity just Syl

Deutschland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Sorry to be blunt, but I wear shoes size 41 and they fit perfect!o_O
    I understand your need for advice, but as Monthy Python (Life of Brian) once said: we are all individuals!
    Of course there are slams which will stop you buying just that device, but in the end you will be the only one knowing if it fits (and even more: if it doesn't)!
    So: yes, bought devices over and over again - and it wasn't always "fun" to wear them afterwards - but this will be a series of "trial and error"... sorry once more!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice