Duplicating a Steelworxx/Burg Wächter key?

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by Gfl, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Gfl

Gfl Member

Local Time:
    1:44 AM
    Anyone know how I can get a key for my steelworxx cage duplicated? Ideally in a different metal that doesn't rust?

Right now, my fiancee wants me to keep my key inside of a necklace that I wear, but due to showering and stuff, the inside of that necklace gets humid, and the last key I kept in there rusted.

So ideally, I'd like to get a copy of that key made in aluminum or stainless steel.

Any idea how on earth I can get that made?

2. Glychlock

Glychlock Dominant and Mentor

General Manager
    USA
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:44 AM
    I would contact steelworxx and describe the situation: info@steelworxx.de
    I think with enough pictures of a rusted key that they would not be skeptical of you being a Submissive trying to get out of their cage, and work out a new key.

I've talked with them on more than one occasion. They are Stern about the rules, but they're fair people too.

G

3. Gfl

Gfl Member

Local Time:
    I'll try him, but I suspect it may be a tall order - I'm not sure if his shop is equipped to fabricate a key like that...

4. lacy02

lacy02 Junior Member

house mouse
    Local Time:
    Without seeing the key I can not say but there are various ways to make a key and as a locksmith the only keys I have ever seen Rudy are steel or iron keys, brass does not rust and most modern keys are brass or a mix like brass nickel. Aluminum is not ideal for keys as it is a weaker metal but as long as you are not putting a lot of pressure on it, it may work but will wear fast.

5. Gfl

Gfl Member

Local Time:
    Here's the new set of keys we have (just got a new cage with a new lock). I can look around for the old rusted one if that's handy . Basically, I cut the top off of it so that it would fit into a necklace, and the metal rusted at the point where it was cut, and also slowly rusted at the key head itself (where the blank was ground down). I can only assume that it's plated in a rust-proof metal?

Attached Files:

6. Gfl

Gfl Member

Local Time:
    Is there a way for a locksmith to make a key that doesn't involve having a blank?

7. corsac

corsac Long term member

Spokane, WA
    Local Time:
    I would try a locksmith and see. I am surprised that it is rusting though, wonder what it's made of...

8. Gfl

Gfl Member

Local Time:
    They're all saying they don't have blanks so they can't do it - just figured if lacy02 is a locksmith then he/she might have some insights as to whether there might be something technical/ jargon-y I could ask or search for.

9. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    8:44 AM
    Hi
    If you have a key even in two bits just take it in to any key cutting service. So long as they have a blank job done . Those locks I doubt are anything particularly special. I think the barrel is removable so take it with to check .

Xx Wendy

10. Gfl

Gfl Member

Local Time:
    Those blanks don't exist in the US, as far as I can tell. Or at least none of the locksmiths I've contacted so far have them or know how to get them. Also even if I can get blanks, they'll still rust unless I switch materials.

11. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    8:44 AM
    Um in the uk it's almost impossible to get steel blanks as most of our keys are a hard brass material that lasts in the lock and in the pocket.

Can't comment on the blank situation re the section. Certainly not going to fork out several hundred pounds on a device just to find out.
    However I suspect it's a redily available comercial lock as it looks the same on the low cost Chinese devices.

Xx Wendy

maid_carrie likes this.
  12. Astarte

Astarte Active member

natural sciences
    Germany
    Local Time:
    9:44 AM
    I don't know which blanks steelworxx uses, but they use common ones from Burgwächter they should be easily available all over germany (they are as common as abus).

As for the rust: I woudln't give the material that much thougt, but rather make 2-3 copies and lock 1-2 copies away should the one worn rust again.
    Anosther method would be to plate the key with silver. Easy to do even at home and decorative. You can even buy sets to do such coatings - f.e. here: http://www.selva.de/product_info.ph...h=Galvano&products_id=Galvano-Grundset 547420

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice