Locks.Club Online Chastity Game - Now Live!

Discussion in 'Chastity and orgasm denial' started by ChasteDilf13, Jul 29, 2016.

Random Thread
  1. ChasteDilf13

ChasteDilf13 Active member

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:32 PM
    Hello CM!

I've posted about this before a long time ago, and I profusely apologize for the long delay, however I wanted to announce that my lock-up online chastity game Locks.Club is now online and publicly available. Read below for more details, or go to http://Locks.Club to try it for yourself.

What is Locks.Club?

Locks club is a tool to gamify chastity & keyholding. Think of it like a digital extension of dice or card games to determine lock-up times and rewards. It's meant for Subs with Keyholders (sorry, no solo play).

It works on desktop or mobile devices. There is no native app yet, web only.

You can read more on the About page: http://locks.club/about

How Does It Work?

First, Subs and Keyholders each register, then you link your accounts. You link your accounts together by entering your partner's username into the welcome screen. Once each of you do this the game begins!

The Keyholder creates Missions for the Sub to complete, and assigns a point value to each mission. The Sub can complete the assigned missions, and notify the KH through Locks.Club when they are done. The KH can choose to Accept the mission and reward the points to the Sub, or Reject the mission and deduct the points from the Sub.

locks.club missions.png

The Keyholder also creates Rewards, again with point values, that the Sub can redeem. Once the sub has collected enough rewards, they can request to redeem a Reward. If the Reward is granted, the cost in points is deducted from their balance.

locks.club rewards.png

That's the gist of the game, pretty basic really.

Why Did I Make Locks.Club?

A few reasons...

I made Locks.Club because I found that my wife/KH and I had already begun to do this informally. She'd give me tasks to do and after a certain number would consider rewarding me for good behaviour.

I'm a web developer and Linux admin by trade and wanted the opportunity to work with new tools and languages. I wanted to learn more about Meteor JS, and an app like this was a perfect candidate to learn Meteor.

Locks.Club Going Forward

I didn't build this to make money, it was just a fun side project. I'm not looking to sell, or partner, or take on responsibility beyond maintaining it as a hobby. I first announced this last year and had help beta testing, which we did for a while until my freeing service host disappeared. I apologize to all the beta testers but the old information is now long gone :(

I've now setup my own host which has pretty minimal costs and should be more reliable than the free service I was using. I'll maintain the app as best I can when I have the time. I'm still learning Meteor and the myriad of tools that go with it, so I'll try not to break anything, but if I do I'll do my best to fix it. ;)

I appreciate feature suggestions and bug reports, I'll do my best the the free time I've got.

Thanks, and enjoy!

2. Von Routen

Von Routen Member

Local Time:
    5:32 AM
    Seems pretty cool.

3. Felix cum ea

Felix cum ea Vanilla Chaste

Belgium, Antwerp
    Local Time:
    4:32 AM
    Let me think about this.
    It seems appealing and in some way freeing the keyholders with the burden of maybe having guilty feelings with regards to our lock up and orgasm denial.

Junebug15 and ChasteDilf13 like this.
  4. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Actually, that was a side effect I had noticed!

When I began to experiment using this with my KH last year, she went from letting me out every few days for sex and orgasm, to just allowing me whatever I could "afford" based on my points.

I guess I should market this to Keyholders! I did find myself doing laundry and cleaning the kitchen late at night to try and get enough points for a play session before bed. I was quite productive ;)

5. Felix cum ea

Belgium, Antwerp
    Local Time:
    And that dear @ChasteDilf13 is exactly why I need some time to think this over. This tool could have big consequences on me.. :oops:

ChasteDilf13 likes this.
  6. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I think your KH would appreciate it if you suggested new ways to improve her life and KH experience. ;)

7. Felix cum ea

Belgium, Antwerp
    Local Time:
    LOL, you are of the persistant type, aren't you? :) (I like that in a person)

Anyway, we just received not so good news on the condition of her sister who suffers from cancer, so it will just have to wait before this is even discussable with my wife.

Now I just need to be there for her in whatever way she requires/deserve.

ChasteDilf13 likes this.
  8. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    ;) I only kid. I'm sorry about your sister in law.

Don't hesitate to hit me up if you do try it out some day.

9. Felix cum ea

Belgium, Antwerp
    Local Time:
    By the way: she is not my KH in the strict sens of the word: she does not hold my key because of all kind pf practical reasons that I understand very well, do not wish to put that burden on her. I manage to do my part of the deal by restricting myself to the key to the minimum needed for keeping all things clean. (like I promised her when we started)

10. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:32 AM
    I have looked at the information above and am wondering where the benefit is for the KH? If I signed @lockit and myself up for this I would then have a lot of work to do. Invent missions, assign a point value, work out rewards, check if he has accepted, check if he has completed, keep an eye on his score etc.

Sorry but I am not seeing how this would make things easier for me.

HollyC and lockit like this.
  11. Luke Frantik

Luke Frantik Member

Local Time:
    7:32 PM
    If anyone wants to be my temp keyholder for this website I think it would be a lot of fun. Message me if interested ;)

12. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I mean, a KH never *needs* another tool like dice or cards. At the same time, my KH was already sending me TXTs with things to do, and I was texting back when they were done. In our case this was no more complicated than what we had. I found I was actually accomplishing more in a day by having my "todo" all in one place, and working hard towards earning my next reward. It's not for everybody I suppose, but in our situation is worked.

13. HumpsFor100Yards

UK
    Local Time:
    This is a really cool idea. My wife already does things like this, so for it to all be in one place where we can both access it is really useful, especially since we communicate via text and webchat a lot as it is. Maybe we will give it a try.

14. Eludia

Eludia Junior Member

Florida
    Local Time:
    2:32 AM
    I get an internal server error trying to register. FYI.

15. NsToy

NsToy Long term member

Florida, US
    Local Time:
    I did a test of setting up an account for my KH and it didn't save my missions. Also, I never got e-mails for e-mail verification..

16. Inkstar

Inkstar Active member

Professional Driver
    Florida
    Local Time:
    My keyholder and I decided to try it out. However whenever she accepts a mission I finished, it just stays the orange color in the point box and I never receive the points under my reward section. User error or a bug in the web app itself?

17. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Hm, OK. Something seems wrong. Sorry, I was gone for a few days, I'll look into it this evening. Sorry!

Inkstar likes this.
  18. Inkstar

Inkstar Active member

Professional Driver
    Florida
    Local Time:
    It's all good. Take your time. And thanks for all your hard work.

19. male_pet

male_pet Junior Member

Local Time:
    This is a great idea, and orienting it towards the phone helps to integrate it into daily life easier.

Some suggestions:

More documentation of the features and the functionality on the website. A simple walkthrough with screenshots on how to set up a new challenge would be of help to newbies. Perhaps this already exists for keyholders, and I just can't see this as a wearer. The first post on the thread demonstrates the site much better than the actual site.

Being able to customize challenges is a great feature. However for some Keyholders this might seem like more work. One answer might be to have a list of popular missions to browse and choose from. Keyholders could look for new and interesting ideas, click on one they like and then accept as-is or then further tweak the language and settings. This could make mission creation more fun and entertaining, and less like a chore.

I can also see a scenario where a Keyholder would fill the list with rather unpleasant but necessary chores which the sub might resist performing. Add in a penalty clause feature that the wearer must complete any mission (or a specific mission) within X hours or incur a points penalty.

Add a secret bonus system. Missions could have an icon indicating a secret bonus. Keyholders would include the what triggers the secret bonus when they set up the mission. Perhaps it is performing the task before a certain time, or doing the task in a certain way. Maybe include an optional hint. I think keyholders would find it amusing to see their sub struggle to guess what they needed to do.

Last but certainly not least: you need integrated messaging and SMS notifications. This might give you a leg up:
    https://github.com/Meteor-Reaction/Herald

ChasteDilf13 likes this.
  20. JimJam

JimJam Femboy-in-training

Uni Student
    Manchester Area, England
    Local Time:
    This seems really fun, I'll look into it some :3

21. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:

Great ideas. I especially love the deadline for missions.

I did try to put as much info into the Help section as I could, but there were no screenshots since there have been so many changes. I was trying to make the UI simple enough that it's almost self-explanatory. Pop-up prompts or inline help bubbles as you browse could be better than a help page nobody will read.

I like the SMS idea, I'll check into it. For now the alerts are just e-mail digests.

As for the suggested Missions/Rewards, I had considered that then fell back to the default missions/rewards you see when you login. They were just meant as inspiration. I'm actually not sure how I could make list of popular options. For example, some users are non-english, and I don't want to share any options between users for privacy reasons. I think the only way would be to manually build a big list of suggested options and maintain it myself (with community feedback of course).

22. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I forgot to mention, the help page is adjusted based on your role. If you aren't logged in then the help is very generic to explain the concept more than the mechanics. Once you login, the Help page adjusts depending on whether you are a Sub or Keyholder. Only instructions relevant to your account type are displayed.

23. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Unfortunately, I think the SMS messaging idea isn't realistic for now. There are two ways I know of to send SMS, the first is to e-mail the "carrier number" that some providers have setup (for example: 1234567890@txt.rogers.com), or to use an SMS service like Twilio.

The first won't work reliably since the users are from all over the globe, I'll never maintain an accurate or complete list of how to send SMS every possible carrier globally. Plus I'd have to know each user's phone number AND their carrier, then hope to identify if their carrier has such an e-mail available.

A service like Twilio SMS messaging is the best solution, but depending on the country it could cost 0.10$ per text.

The best solution really, is to deploy a native mobile app so I can interface directly with the phone's native Alerts system. One of the reasons I chose Meteor was that it can be bundled into a native application.

In the mean time I can try using the "desktop notification" feature of HTML5 which works reasonably well on mobile.

24. male_pet

male_pet Junior Member

Local Time:
    Glad to hear that platform will eventually evolve into an app. Locks Club would fit right in with Facebook and Pinterest in the daily browsing routine....

If SMS is a no-go, perhaps integration with common IM platforms would work just as well, without the cost challenges. Most prospective keyholders are on Facebook often, so that seems like a primary target.

I do think the site needs some default mission options though. I have found that my wife will freeze up when confronted with a "blank page", but if she is presented with a list of potential options, she will either find something she immediately likes, or get inspired with some other idea. Why not crowdsource the work and have the userbase write and evaluate the tasks? Set up a couple different categories (Romantic, Erotic, Activity, Chore, Cleaning, etc. ) and let them draft some candidates. A quick and dirty way to do it would be a link to an online spreadsheet in OneDrive or Google Docs, where users could contribute candidate entries.

Actually, this feature might be even more important for the Rewards, because many vanilla keyholders have not spent the requisite hours reading mass quantities of chastity related material on the internet. Having a list of potential rewards could spark ideas and relieve some of the "pressure to perform" for relatively new Keyholders.

Anyways, it is great in concept and execution! I look forward to cursing the very existence of the app....

ChasteDilf13 likes this.
  25. ChasteDilf13

Home Page:
    Local Time:

I actually love the idea of having categories for pre-defined options for Missions and Rewards, I think it could help alot.

I'm pretty busy with my day job right now, I just got back from a week-long vacation, but I'll begin setting up a way to crowd source the suggestions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice