How do you know if you are submissive?

Discussion in 'Female led relationships' started by locked4now2, Jul 14, 2016.

Random Thread
  1. locked4now2

locked4now2 Active member

Local Time:
    2:56 AM
    I have believed for a while that I am submissive. I longed for my wife to take control and push my boundaries. It got me hot thinking about this. She has agreed to do this, but has been relatively slow in the steps she is taking. Recently, she has had me kneel before her naked, while she was fully clothed and she explained a new set of protocols that I need to follow. Basically a new set of rules and if I disobey she has set some fairly harsh punishments. The problem is these new protocols are going to be very difficult for me to keep up with and are nothing I am remotely interested in. She of course is interested.

I have said nothing other than "yes mistress" to the new protocols and they kick off tonight, so I plan to make an honest attempt to obey, but my reaction and thoughts make me wonder if maybe I am not actually as submissive as I thought.

Just has me second guessing my true self. Am a really more of a dominant and just acting submissive to try to live out a fantasy? Or am I submissive? How did some of you know for certain? Have you grown more submissive the longer you lived in an FLR?

joe01 and slave_m like this.
  2. nvrsaynvr63

nvrsaynvr63 Long term member

USA
    Local Time:
    4:56 AM
    I know just what you're talking about. There are things my K/H likes and wants me to do, that to be honest, do nothing for me however they are obviously things she is into or wouldn't have said them. I do them to the best of my ability for one simple reason, this can't be one sided. If I am asking her to indulge in some of the things I like, I have to do the same. I am sure she does things just to appease my kink that she's not crazy about, I don't think it's to much for me to try and do the same for her.

Give it a shot for awhile, you may find doing these things gets her so turned on she may surprise you with things you never expected. If it doesn't work out at least you can say you gave it your best shot.

Good luck

3. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    9:56 AM
    Definitely just give it a go !
    Apparently you have jumped the fence into "Be careful what you wish for " terrain.

So see what happens worst way you have to do a few chores or walk on hot coals or take a few hundred lashes of one implement or another. Lol

Xx Wendy

joe01 likes this.
  4. DorkyLittleBitch

DorkyLittleBitch Active member

Local Time:
    3:56 AM
    Give it yiur best shot! From my experience FLR relationships are a slow grueling grind at the beginning. Almost like you have to prove your seriousness or something. However, once your Mistress starts to be aroused by the fact she can make you do anythng...things get a lot better. Also, unless she is a cold hearted bitch at some point she will naturally want to do something(s) for you. Patience patience patience. This is her show now. Let her enjoy it.

Redhead's Hubby and joe01 like this.
  5. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    2:41 PM
    Are you for real?

Please Mistress, tell me what to do. No, don't tell me to do that, I'm not interested in doing that. Tell me to do something that I want to do. No, not that either. And while you are at it can't you where some high heel leather boots and hold a whip.

If you are submissive you do what you are told and are happy to obey. It doesn't matter what my Wife tells me what to do, I do it. How do I know I am submissive? Because when my Wife is assertive it makes me feel like she is in charge, and that makes me feel safe and cared for. When she tells me I am a good boy it makes me swell with pride, that she has noticed me and I have made her happy. When she tells me off it makes me sad that I have made her unhappy, makes me try harder not to repeat the mistake I made ever again.

It is good that you are going to make an honest attempt to follow her instructions. It sounds like she is trying to do what you have asked her to do but it has to be done in a way that she enjoys or she will not want to carry on doing it.

1984marriedcouple likes this.
  6. locked4now2

Local Time:
    Jasmic68

I think you might have gone a little over the top with the "please tell me what to do, no not that" statement. It is not like that at all. I never once told her no, I am just reflecting on the thoughts in my head and how I feel about where she has taken this. I applaud you if you can honestly say that you have never had the thought "wow, not sure I can do that or want to do that" when your wife told you to do something. Maybe she has not pushed you close enough to the edge. I don't know. The fact that the thought popped into my head just made me question if I really am a submissive. Maybe it is a learned process and I will lose these thoughts in the future.

Thank you others for the encouragement and I fully intend to be obedient to her. First because I do want to please her and make her happy and secondly because her punishment plan is pretty severe and I want nothing to do with it.

I agree that this has to be done in a way that she enjoys or she will not want to carry on doing it,

Thanks for your thoughts

Jasmic68 likes this.
  7. jemima

jemima maid for my Mistress

Maid
    Birmingham
    Local Time:
    well i don't like having to do loads and loads of ironing but its my job so i has to do it. Mistresses wont keep you if you don't do what They tell you.

8. richard

richard Just me

Local Time:
    How do you know if you are submissive?
    You have a penis!?

danijean001, spider203 and shadowman6 like this.
  9. richard

richard Just me

Local Time:
    Apart from that I have no idea. I am just myself. I get confused with such questions

shadowman6 likes this.
  10. shadowman6

shadowman6 Sweet Nikki...my wife, mistress, my raison d'etre

Local Time:
    1:56 AM
    That's as plain as it gets...

spider203 likes this.
  11. locked4now2

Local Time:
    Ha ha ha.... I am sure the world would be a better place if this were true, but from what I can see around me the opposite is more true.

12. M136532

M136532 Active member

Local Time:
    You have a full fantasy in your head of how you expect this to go.

Id say that in a FLR or vanilla relationship it is good to have your dreams but the reality is almost certainly going to be different.

The way it normally works is for me is, obey unconditionally and make sure you put her needs first. She might then let you suggest some things that you like and make your dreams come true! These are rewards for your hard work.

13. Tommie Jaye

Tommie Jaye SE Florida bondage sissy, chastity, feet, dressup

finance
    SE Florida
    Local Time:
    you didn't say in either your post or your profile whether or not you two employ bondage. but if you do you may be able to tell you're a submissive once you are tied up and you are still enjoying yourself. I am a submissive. have been all my life but no more so that when completely bound and gagged. I used to think of it as "what choice do I have but to obey when tied up" but now revel in the submission. for me being tied up is a reward for doing all those little chores and "things" that don't necessarily float my boat but are required of me. there is always a quid pro quo. and mine involves a plug, gag, blindfold, chastity sleeve and about 150 feet of rope. yes Mistress!! anything you say, Mistress.

14. locked4now2

Local Time:
    No, not really a fantasy of how it will go. There are a lot of things she has commanded and I obey unconditionally. This has been going on for some time and I enjoy it. Not things I would normally do, for example. No matter what time I get home from work and often it is 9-10 PM, she leaves all dishes on counter from the day for me and i know she expects me to do them. I wash, dry, and put away and tidy the entire kitchen for the next day. Most of the time she is back somewhere in the house doing her own things. I enjoy doing this for her and it has never been questioned. There is a list of many other things she has commanded like this and I obey unconditionally.

My question came from a new command earlier this week that when she gave it I had a quick thought in my head that I just don't think I can do it. I never gave any indication of this thought and definately did not verbalize it. I simply said OK. Last night I came home and was able to meet the expectations of the new command, but I know going forward it will be difficult if not impossible to meet. Regardless, I am going to try my best and take whatever punishment is warranted when/if I fail

The question was asked because my next thought after thinking that I could not do what she asked, was am I truly submissive. Some on this site seem to make it sound like they never have a second thought about what they are commanded to do and if that is true then I am not as submissive as they are, since I did have this second thought...

Just was looking for honest validation that some are 100% submissive. Never have second thoughts, or did you at one time and these have been trained out of you? Maybe that is the answer. or will these always be there to challenge me?

15. Tommie Jaye

finance
    SE Florida
    Local Time:
    honestly, your Mistress sounds a bit mean and perhaps lazy. hell, if I could get you to come do my dishes no matter how tired you are, then so be it. hopefully, you are getting some of that quid pro quo I mentioned (above) and having Mistress perform some of those boat floaters for/on you. if not....well, you may want ot re-consider all of your options.

16. locked4now2

Local Time:
    Tommie

Thanks for your reply and thoughts about how you feel while in bondage. We have played a little with simple bondage. I do like the feeling of being bound helplessly, although it is rare that I feel that. My keyholder wife will do it as a reward every so often, but she has little experience so is pretty basic and often the bondage is something that if I really needed to I could escape pretty easily. Initially I tried to advise her on better methods of securing, etc., but it kind of ruined the feeling for me as I felt I was topping from the bottom.

Anyway, I am thinking I am submissive if I happily will wash dishes when I am tired. i do feel good while and after I do them. She is not lazy nor mean. In fact she really struggled with her guilt initially, because we both were raised that the wife does everything in the kitchen, however I can't cook, so dishes were something she could order me to do that I would not normally do on my own. That is one of my "hot" buttons. To have her force me to do something I would not choose on my own to show her control over me while I am in chastity. She started with ordering me to do dishes every once in a while and has grown in confidence and eventually it has become my job as her submissive.

Do you think there is a difference between a bottom and a submissive? I think of myself as a bottom when being dominated by bondage, but submissive when being forced to do something I would not choose on my own. i.e. dishes

17. Von Routen

Von Routen Member

Local Time:
    11:56 AM
    A bottom is someone who enjoys submissive acts in the bedroom. A submissive is someone who enjoys submitting to his partner not only in the bedroom, but also out of it.

Tombow likes this.
  18. shadowman6

Local Time:
    That's as plain as it gets...

19. Tommie Jaye

finance
    SE Florida
    Local Time:
    I think @Von Routen (above) said it best. and it doesn't really matter what you call it. the fact that you willingly submit your power to someone else is the essence of it. call it what you will. whether you are doing the dishes, serving Mistress' tea party in a maid's outfit or tied naked to the whipping post. it's all pretty much the same. "Attitude is Everything!"

danijean001 likes this.
  20. Tommie Jaye

finance
    SE Florida
    Local Time:
    and I think that works both ways......males and females.

21. starflyer

starflyer Junior Member

UK
    Local Time:
    Just do as you are told, no backchat and go with the flow

22. Jasmic68

Jasmic68 Long term member

Early retirement
    UK Midlands
    Local Time:
    2:41 PM
    I hadn't thought of the bottom or submissive difference in that way and it confirms I am submissive rather than a bottom.

Maybe I did go a bit over the top with how I pointed out what I thought you were saying and I apologise. Reading your other posts I can see in more detail how you are trying to be a good submissive partner.

As for my own situation we are very new to this and so far my Wife hasn't asked me (or told me) to do anything I felt I was unable to do. I don't know how I will react if it ever happens.

23. Mistress B

Mistress B Mistress B

Business Owner
    United Kingdom
    Local Time:
    I would have thought that if anyone is submissive, they would definitely know they are.

slave_m likes this.
  24. shadowman6

Local Time:
    Mistress B, humbly if I may...it has been an eye opener for me to discover that I am a sub. I had no idea until a couple of weeks ago that my male macho world was a lie and that female superiority is very much fact and that my role in life is to serve my wife selflessly. I didn't until recently, and it has been good, but still tough sometimes.

Again, I humbly seek your indulgence Mistress...

25. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Maybe she has given the instruction with the expectation of failure which then allows punishment.

joe01 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice