Emergency Keys

Discussion in 'Journals and blogs' started by Mascara^Snake, Apr 30, 2015.

Random Thread
  1. Astarte

Astarte Active member

natural sciences
    Germany
    Local Time:
    4:22 PM
    As someone stated right in this thread that he wouldn't care about metal detectors and security and therefore wouldn't need a possibility to lock up in such cases it has a lot to do with this tread.

For the traveling part i also tend to disagree. If one might be home all time and is near his keyholder most time he of course wouldn't need an emergency key. Especially as he might come in less situations where he would need one. But one traveling a lot and maybe several hundred kilometers away from his keyholder might want a key around just in case.
    As for the metal detector example they aren't just used at airports, but also at goverment buildings or courts - and as for the latter you cannot know when there is one (in use) as it depends on the cases brought before court that day / week.

But truth to tell for most pople metal detectors are the least reason why one might want a key around. To me the other main reason are health reasons. Let it be swellings, edemas or testicular torsios that cannot be done anything (w/o a lot of stress) about without a key around.

Especially as not every device has some kind of padlock that could be easily cut if need be...

2. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    3:22 PM
    #27 Mascara^Snake, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
    I apologise Astarte, you are correct, metal detectors were mentioned in this thread. My feeling about metal detectors is that usually they are not something you come across by surprise or out of the blue. Furthermore, there is nothing illegal about wearing a chastity device. Neither is there anything to be sorry for or apologetic about. You can simply declare it if faced unexpectedly by a metal detector. And, if a medical emergency did arise then a sub should be an arrangement to be able to access a key very quickly by contacting his keyholder. Again, they are not illegal to wear and if he did end up in hospital they would deal with it fairly swiftly if it required removal.

Ganymede, latexbound and Joroincharge like this.
  3. OwnedbyLeeanne

IT
    Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    2:22 AM
    My lock came with 3 keys and I chopped 2 in half in front of mistress and the other went into a safe
    that only she can open.

Dianne

4. Astarte

Astarte Active member

natural sciences
    Germany
    Local Time:
    It's certainly not illegal to wear a cb, but one might question if you have to bother security personal with ones sexual kink... Especially ifwe are talking about a court where most ppl might know you you, because you are there on a regular basis (due to you job ;)).

Funny reading tihs.... if you are nowhere near you sub how should he get access to a key by contacting you ? And if this key in question is not your mainkey, but a second key - how else would you call it if not emergency key ?

And why should it matter if he carries a key around most the time as long as he can not access it wihout you knowing it ?

5. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    [QUOTE="Astarte, post: 130770, member: 38554"
    Funny reading tihs.... if you are nowhere near you sub how should he get access to a key by contacting you ? And if this key in question is not your mainkey, but a second key - how else would you call it if not emergency key ?

And why should it matter if he carries a key around most the time as long as he can not access it without you knowing it ?[/QUOTE]
    The OP is of course looking at the mental aspect of having the ability to unlock at will compared to not having any access. But you do mention distance control.

One of the solutions in distance control might be one of these numbered plastic locks. Easily verified by photo or over video.

There again there was a situation here - some time back - when that system was publicly used and the dastardly person who was ostensibly locked was discovered to have deluded the lady locking him by cutting it carefully and then hiding the cut by carefully positioning it. :(

A member here had already opined that it was the easiest thing to cheat with, and he was proved right in short time. I am sure the OP remembers it well. I seem to recall that she used words like "cad and bounder" in relation to the other party. Embarrassing the lady involved so openly was certainly not the sort of thing one would expect.

In truth if it is one of the CB range that is being used, having the key is not that great a problem. In an emergency it can easily be broken around the locking pin or one of the loops at the end of the ring. Heavens knows they seem to break easily enough anyway.

Steel devices are another thing altogether of course, when it comes to breaking into them. :)

6. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    11:22 AM
    for my work I travel several hundred miles from home with no worries every day. I've worn my device long enough to know there isnt much of anything that could happen that I would need my key. I cant really think of any medical emergencies where they would need access to my penis. Maybe to insert a catheter? That is still possible with most devices. MRI? Someone told me stainless steel is not magnetic so I guess no worries there, though they might remove it anyways. Either way, if I'm in a MRI machine the least of my worries would be someone seeing my penis :p

BlueEyes, Mascara^Snake and maff2k like this.
  7. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    There are 2 different scenarios: it depends what's wanted. Wearer not being able to remove at all as opposed to not being able to remove undetected creates different mindset both in KH and wearer, especially if device is top end of range re security, e.g. Lori.

it's the difference between 1st class and 2nd class control.

On emergencies, I can't think of any medical ones at all: chances of this must be one in a million..

On setting off security alarms, very few people need to do this on a daily basis: usually any need which arises (e.g. air travel) is ascertainable in advance and IMO how to deal with this can be resolved on a case by case basis.

8. Hercock

Hercock Hercock

Local Time:
    The only time during being locked,a key would have been nice is when one ball has decided to squeeze back through the gap, painful but not life threatening.
    For planned trips involving metal detectors, we would use a plastic device, with a security seal.

Mascara^Snake likes this.
  9. Joroincharge

England
    Local Time:
    If a ball can slip out, then the device measurements are wrong.
    On trips with metal detectors - that's definitely an option.

10. Hercock

Hercock Hercock

Local Time:
    Yes it was a sizing problem, that's now fixed and never had the same experience again, which I'm truly glad of.

11. gweny

gweny Senior Member

Windhoek
    Local Time:
    i never ever have access to the spare keys ,, she keeps on key and the other is with our house friend , she will not give me the key and he as well has no reason. best reg. GWENY

Mascara^Snake and Joroincharge like this.
  12. Joroincharge

England
    Local Time:
    Quite right too.:)

13. Surrendered to Bec

Surrendered to Bec Property of Bec. SLRN 281-606-394

Truck Driver
    Brisbane, Australia
    Local Time:
    My Job does have me in and out of Government buildings all the time. The guards all know now why I beep and the question is quite casual and not embarrassing. I have never been asked to remove it. I did get asked "if" I could remove it to which the answer no. They said that's fine, they were just curious. So even in that situation I don't need a key.

14. proximacentauri

proximacentauri Active member

Local Time:
    I think it's unfair to bother vanilla security with your kink, such as TSA and others. humiliation is all fun and dandy but forcing to go through security and expose your kink is something I would draw the line at - you never know who's keeping notes and LOL if you trust the TSA.

Health problems can happen unexpectedly, if there's testicular torsion you can lose your testicles anywhere from minutes to an hour. A one in a million chance that you might lose your balls without the key? I'd like to see how many men take that chance.

Lastly, I wouldn't cum even if my keyholder unlocked me, because she doesn't want me to, not because of a silly device. As a counter point to the "real Dommes/slaves don't have a emergency key durr durr" chest thumping going on here, I would suggest that if all that stands between a sub and disobedience is the key, then perhaps you need a new sub/slave.

Astarte and chastiff like this.
  15. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I find it can be difficult balacing the desires for locking with the realities of everyday life

lockit, lock667 and proximacentauri like this.
  16. Rachel Cash

Verified Female

Local Time:
    10:22 AM
    I proposed the idea of having a letter with her signature on it. I can technically get the key whenever, but she would always know as a signature is pretty unique to its writer. If it wasn't a emergency, ultra hyper punishment.

proximacentauri likes this.
  17. guest 2942

guest 2942 Long term member

Local Time:
    testicular torsion sounds pretty rare. I think I'll take my chances. :p

18. Jewelsandb

Jewelsandb Member

Pacific North West (USA)
    Local Time:
    8:22 AM
    Interestingly, when I first started reading this thread I was in the camp of "must have emergency key" due to work and concern over medical issues. For work I may be unexpectedly required to go to the court house or a secure federal building on short notice, so the ability to remove the device seemed pretty important to me. For the past 3+ years I have kept a spare key, sealed in a tamper evident pouch, with me everywhere... until this weekend when it came up missing.

So, now I find myself forced into the "no emergency key" camp... and it is a MASSIVE turn-on for me. When I told my wife/KH about this, she simply smiled and said "well, I guess something happens you will just have to take a risk with power tools." I should mention that I am locked in a Steelheart with integrated lock, so cutting a lock hasp is not an option.

maff2k likes this.
  19. Hercock

Hercock Hercock

Local Time:
    I am lucky my work does not involve security checks or me entering secure buildings (apart from swipe card locks). So being kept locked 24/7 in a metal cage is generally not a problem and Im no longer anxious that people can see it through clothing.
    I think if you feel an emergency key system is right, you should use what ever system works, to enhance your chastity.

lockit, maff2k and Rachael_ like this.
  20. teasemeplz

teasemeplz New member

Office, IT
    Austria
    Local Time:
    No emergency keys for me. Gives an additional rush. :oops::rolleyes:

21. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    #46 Mascara^Snake, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    Of course everyone needs a system that works and is right for them. However, I wanted this thread to challenge the very idea of having an emergency key rather than just another thread about where to keep your emergency key. Which sort of takes for granted that there would be one.
    I merely wanted to draw attention to the fact that the sub with an emergency key in his pocket is experiencing a very different emotional landscape in which the chastity commitment is more of a game.
    Which is fine :) games are good fun and for those who suffer weekly or monthly bouts of testicular torsion then it's definitely for the best.

Nicoftime, maff2k, HenkieY and 2 others like this.
  22. Hercock

Hercock Hercock

Local Time:
    I'm convinced not having a key hidden somewhere just in case, has enhanced our chastity.
    She use to just hide it and once I found it by accident. It completely ruined the control for me, until the key was made more secure.
    For us only one key enhances the experience and demonstrates her complete control.

23. Astarte

Astarte Active member

natural sciences
    Germany
    Local Time:
    Funny thing to read. Have to say I am sorry you didn't create this thread before you disturbed another thread that was about a quite different topic ith your unasked opinion.

Let's talk about "games"... how would you call a flr (or any kind of bdsm-relationship) where a submissive really thinks about cheating and / or using an emergency key (which you would know anyway) without need ? To me this complete relationship itself would be a game (farce) par exellence.

But if a Sub would try to cheat anyway ?... let's talk about security...
    Apart from the fact that Sub could pull out of most cb... let's just say, that he uses a cb with pa...

padlock ? don't make yourself the work to try classic lockpicking (even if it's quite easy on common padlocks) - just use a bump-key

custom made security screw ? with a homeworking skill like Tim Taylor and items for about 15$ you can make yourself a lasting tool with which you can open the screws as often as you want almost as comfortably as with a key. Works on all security screws - in fact should work on certain custom made security screws even better than with a common inbus.

plastic locks ? apart from the cutting and glueing thing mentioned somewhere on this board most can be opened without damaging them quite easy - though the items you might need therefor might take some time to get by.

but giving your sub a key in a box he can't temper with without you knowing lessens security.... sure....

If you need this "total security" mindfuck, great ! But don't think yourself laden with wisdom and everyone else daft !

lockit and proximacentauri like this.
  24. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I have no idea about "bump keys" or "lock picking" or "Tim Taylor" or any other technical tools but I do know that I have not suggested that I'm laden with wisdom or that anyone else is daft. I just have a personal belief that the dynamic of chastity is different when the ability for him to unlock has been removed.

25. Surrendered to Bec

Surrendered to Bec Property of Bec. SLRN 281-606-394

Truck Driver
    Brisbane, Australia
    Local Time:
    It's not a "total security mindfuck"... it's a total surrender mindset. Having an emergancy key is like a kid holding onto a security blanket when they are no longer a baby. It's reassuring but unnecessary.

Hercock, guest 2942 and Mascara^Snake like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice