Threads that come and go

Discussion in 'Off topic discussions' started by Dumb1, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    4:08 PM
    Now you are dancing on the head of a pin. Your word against mine on this matter.

A number of posts and threads have disappeared at the hand of a Moderator who seems less than keen to put their hand up and admit they took it upon themselves to delete these items, and why, without consultation with any other Moderators, which is best practice one would have thought?

It is certainly time that agreed protocols and criteria were put in place so that everyone e knows what actions by Mods are acceptable and what are not.

The sooner that happens the better, don't you think?

2. SubVerity

SubVerity Still the mansion's fairy godmother. ;)

London
    Local Time:
    While I understand that it is sensible to have an agreed set of general rules regarding behaviour on CM, and what is worthy of deletion, there still has to be an element of individual consideration by the mod team. The rule might just be "We've discussed it - it's going". and that should be perfectly acceptable.

I also understand that we have a relatively new mod team, and they will take some time to find their feet and learn to work together. There will always be teething troubles with any new mod team, and I think we need to cut them some slack while they become cohesive learn how to make this place work. Pointing fingers and getting pitchforks and burning branches out is not the answer.

Lady De and Mascara^Snake like this.
  3. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thank you Verity for your understanding. Becoming a Mod is indeed a steep learning curve for some of us with no prior experience.
    On a positive note, this thread has not only served to shed light on some previously hidden problems it has also served to consolidate and strengthen staff cohesiveness.

Lady De likes this.
  4. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    I absolutely agree @SubVerity - you take a very practical and common sense view of how things should be,

As you observe, " individual consideration by the mod team" (my underlining) is crucial and also "The rule might just be "We've discussed it - it's going". and that should be perfectly acceptable."

Had all that been in place, this thread would never have been started, or the Mod concerned would have some very difficult questions to answer. It seems a pity, however, that the person concerned will not put their hand up and be open and honest.

Hopefully the Mods will settle in as a cohesive team and that they will gently attend to their duty as members who have responsibilities. Which the vast majority seem to do of course.

Language like "and it will be looked into." and "another discrepancy which needs investigating" smack of high handed officialdom and are not needed here. IMHO :)

5. Mistress Michelle

Mistress Michelle Magical Mistress

Local Time:
    11:08 AM
    I don't know whats going on around here BUT....

No One is supposed to be deleting threads or posts for any reason. If there is a thread started or a post within a thread that seems as if it will create a problem, or if there is ill intent going on then it is appropriate for a Mod to send that thread or post to a report section for all of us to review and determine whether or not there is an issue. We can also 'shadow' a post so it is still there but cannot be seen by the public until it is determined to be ok or removed.
    Mansion has always been an open fourm where people are free to post and write whatever they want to al long as it does not cause ill will.

I don't care whether or not some of you cannot get along, I do not care whether or not you don't like each other. I don't care if you think you are better than someone else, you are not.

I do not want to hear of any more threads, posts or anything else disappearing around here!

Stop with the shit, because its not going to be tolerated.

Lady De, Dumb1, BlueEyes and 2 others like this.
  6. maid_carrie

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Dumb1 likes this.
  7. Dumb1

Dumb1 senior member

trade
    UK
    Local Time:
    Well as the postee of this thread i would like to think that maybe in some small way we have ironed out a couple of wrinkles that had seemed to have crept into the forums of late and hopefully with ALL the moderators now actively monitoring things on here i hope it can once again become the knowledgeable and informative place it once was. Thanks all

maid_carrie likes this.
  8. Mascara^Snake

Mascara^Snake Banned

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Was there a gap somewhere when it wasn't?
    I must have missed it.

9. Jens

Jens CO-Owner of CM
    Owner of Chastity Mansion Administrator Moderator

Art director, film producer
    Denmark
    Local Time:
    5:08 PM
    This whole thread feels more of a witch hunt than anything. If certain members have a problem with other certain members, then message them privately. This whole thread stinks of childishness.

I can understand peoples annoyance with threads and posts being removed suddenly, and i can assure you this has been discussed and addressed VERY efficiently by the Moderating team, in the Moderating section, and will no longer be an occurrence.

I am confused at the comments above about people having 'special' privileges before becoming a moderator, and this simply is not true, and if it did somehow happen, then it was in error.

And to clarify a question raised, all members have the ability to edit their post/thread for up to 3 minutes after posting it.

All Mansion staff have the ability to see every edit made.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread now as i can't see any good coming of it.

As always, if anyone has any issues or concerns please contact me in a PM. Always happy to answer and discuss.

Thanks all!

Joroincharge, CorsetJane and BlueEyes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice