The Pro Domme Question

Discussion in 'Site announcements and information' started by Mistress Jules, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Mistress Jules

Mistress Jules Professional Dominatrix and Owner of Lockit
    Staff Member Administrator Verified Female

Company Director and Professional Dominatrix
    Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    4:51 AM
    With the furore that has been going on regarding Pro Dommes and Scammers recently I thought I would put in my two cents.

Anyone who has been with me on cm from the beginning of my journey knows I came on here with virtually no knowledge and a whole lot of enthusiasm. The members here embraced me and helped me learn a lot of things about this wonderful world of chastity. I became an online keyholder and locked a few guys via the internet at that time. I was having a blast.

I also quickly learned about fantasists, wannabes and the time it takes out of your day to keep in touch. So I built a website to let people know about my journey into this world of chastity, twitter accounts etc. Yes I put up a wishlist on Amazon, yes I charged for padlocks, and put in place a way for my chaste males to appreciate me on the site. I still did not consider myself a Pro Domme, I did not take bookings or lock anyone I hadn’t had quite a bit of contact with previously.

My original thought was that as I was single I could help all these guys on here who wanted to be locked. I loved chastity and the click of that lock on webcam was a joy to me. However a few months down the line and I found my time was becoming very limited. Requests for locking and very detailed control were overwhelming me.

So I made the decision to request a payment for locking and control, even arranging to have use of chambers for personal locking. Does that make me a Pro Domme?

I suppose it depends on your definition. I don’t take credit card details or charge for access to my website or chatroom. I certainly am no findom demanding money and gifts from guys to show their devotion. I don’t go looking for guys to lock, I just do what I have always done and write posts, chat to people and have fun. I am barely covering costs for the website but that is just fine by me.

Basically I am the same person I was when I started here, I have just put in place a method of sorting out the fantasists from the realists. If you don’t think my time is worth the price of taking me out for a meal or sending me a bunch of flowers, then really you are not the kind of guy I want to be spending my time on.

To some I may be a Pro Domme, to others I am just a Mistress who knows the value of her time.

2. MistressBitch

MistressBitch Long term member

Full time Mistress and Dominant
    Hertfordshire
    Local Time:
    hi, I think the fundamental difference is that some 'Pro' Domms tend to advertise and spam everyone. That is annoying and can be considered rude. Ive got some online subs too, some locked and others not. I dont want money but it had crossed my mind to charge, but to be honest I cant be arsed with the grief. I do it for fun, plus I also find that people come and go, and as soon as money is involved there is an obligation on my part which I dont want. There is one guy, who i posted a padlock to, asked him to confirm when to send the key, he never responded, ive still got the key, no idea what happened to him. Anyway, I digress...... If you are not actively seeking people and demanding money, I see no problem. Also, it annoys me when people tout themselves as 'the best there is', as if the rest of us are substandard .... lol.

MB

3. KeySafe

KeySafe Owner of: keysafe.com and tpe.com among others.

East Coast USA
    Local Time:
    11:51 PM
    Anyone who knows you, knows you to be a wonderful person, who gives and gives of herself, and asks little in return. My worry was always that you might burn out from all the takers out there.

I see threads about findoms and scammers, but less complaints about the men who promise much more than they deliver. There are bad actors on both sides of the gender line.

I suppose there is actually nothing wrong with being a findom as long as she is honest about it. There apparently are men out there who want their wallets raped. I do not personally know any, but there must me some, at least in stories...:)

Mistress Jules likes this.
  4. Governess Stephanie

Governess Stephanie Long term member

Self Employed
    Adelaide
    Local Time:
    1:21 PM
    Personally reading your post I fail to see that what you are doing is wrong or could be seen as a "professional" doing it. If your happy, provide a service, not ripping anyone off and can look yourself in the mirror, then I say keep doing what your doing, you know who and what you are. There will always be scammers etc but there are still always going to be honest people which you sound to be. Perhaps some people are just too quick to judge others before knowing the facts !

5. cbtok

cbtok Senior Member

Local Time:
    11:51 PM
    The definition of a professional is a person who makes their living, or makes a significant portion of their living from a particular activity. i can swing a hammer, but nobody has ever paid me for doing that.

One could suggest that You are a professional key-holder. You take the time to regulate the orgasms of males (and, perhaps, females) and take into consideration their stated desires, fantasies and so on. A professional Dominatrix is another matter entirely, offering a wide range of services.

i have known several professional Dominatrices. The ones i have known are fun-loving people who put their pants on the same way everyone else does—one leg at a time. They have worries, bills, love lives, concerns, dreams, hopes and desires that have nothing to do with the services they render. Just like a professional banker.

i think that, to a certain extent, we get hung up on the whole sexuality aspect. This hang up is at the heart of the whole anti-Gay movement. Those who oppose homosexuality and who would pass laws against it are hung up on the whole sexuality thing. They are, perhaps, overly focused on what happens in the bedroom, between consenting adults. Gay people are much, much more than that. And they are entitled to the same privacy all of us have behind one's closed door and between two consenting adults.

In terms of our fascination with professional Dominatrices, we also tend to get hung up on the whole sexuality aspect: There is this whole titillation thing, they cater to fetishes, they wear clothing that one might not wear to a black tie affair. And what could they possibly do behind closed doors in the privacy of their homes??!??!??!

How about sleep? What about have a cuppa? Listen to the news on the radio? Attend the theater? Play chess…

What about the good they do? i know some and know of others who frequently raise a lot of money for charitable causes that they believe in, from Animal Shelters to AIDS research.

Oh, but what do they do in the bedroom??!??!???!

i don't know about you all, but the first thing i do not say to someone i meet is, "how do you fuck?"

Professional Dominatrices do, sometimes, provide Keyholding services. Professional Keyholders may not necessarily be professional Dominatrices. But I know of no professional Dominatrix who will have sex with their client. Ever. And what they choose to do behind closed doors is really none of my business. While i may entertain myself with a fantasy of some sexual act between myself and a professional Dominatrix, it is certainly no different than half the male population entertaining themselves with the thought of having a sexual relationship with Angelina Jolie. It is not going to happen, and the sex a professional Dominatrix or Angelina Jolie has is really none of my business.

Probably more than 2¢ worth, but my thoughts.

6. Governess Stephanie

Governess Stephanie Long term member

Self Employed
    Adelaide
    Local Time:
    1:21 PM
    More like your 10cents worth ! LOL ! But I think you have put it rather well !

7. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    I see absolutely nothing wrong in anyone providing a service and charging for their time and costs.
    So if you work in the sex industry ( horrible term I know) then do it on an up front and businesslike basis.

I did a film once about a group of girls and they did what they did to in more than one case to put their kids through private education so they had a better chance in life..

However big big difference if you are say a guy put up a profile as a female pro domm . It makes not a lot of difference if you issue an invoice or not.

Xx Wendy

BlueEyes likes this.
  8. Mistress Jules

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    Thanks for your replies everyone, very interesting reading. I just thought it would be prudent to ensure it was my real story that was here rather than supposition about whether I was a pro domme or not. Although @Wendygirl why you would mention a guy putting up a profile as a female? I think I have more than verified my credentials in that respect.

lockit likes this.
  9. Wendygirl

Wendygirl To offer advice and keep CM safe and welcoming

gardener
    London
    Local Time:
    @Mistress Jules
    Sorry my comments were imprecise .

Your credentials are not in question in any circumstances as we all know who you are beyond all shadow of doubt.

However others are not in connection with " fake or scam profiles"

Sorry for any distress I might have caused.

Xx Wendy

BlueEyes likes this.
  10. Mistress Jules

Scotland
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    @Wendygirl Well as this thread was all about me personally, any comments of such a nature would be about the subject of the post, namely me. Please be more careful in future about posting on a thread which is obviously individual.

Governess Stephanie and lockit like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice