Opening Up: Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships

Discussion in 'Book and movie reviews' started by Kinkish1, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Kinkish1

Kinkish1 Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:14 PM
    I was at a book store recently and read parts of a book by Tristan Taormino, titled, "Opening Up: A Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships."
    Tristan Taormino wrote a book that is famous in certain circles, such as ours, "The Ultimate Guide to Anal Sex for Women", as well as several other sexually oriented books.

I didn't read enough of it to write a review, but I did read enough to say that if anyone has questions about how to go about opening up your relationship, bringing additional lovers into your lives, and how to deal with the inevitable issues that will arise, this book is for you. The author has a style that makes for easy reading, and leaves little doubt that she has personal knowledge and experience with the topics she covers, which is something far too many books lack.

Open relationships are something that I believe will continue to grow as our Western Society matures and learns from the mistakes of those who came before. I'm even more certain that some members here will experiment with it themselves.

Kinkish1

Here is the Amazon link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Opening-Up-Cr...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213586615&sr=1-1

2. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:14 PM
    This certainly looks a very interesting book and is highly rated by the reviewers at Amazon.

I was amazed at how many other books tackle the same topic... I had no idea!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. :wink:

3. Kinkish1

Kinkish1 Senior Member

Local Time:
    5:14 PM
    Your Welcome, Mistress Watchful. Shortly after finding the book I remembered you mentioned the potential of adding that to your and pet's relationship at some point, as well as others here discussing it. I was also taken by the number of additional books available on the topic at Amazon-I had no idea.

It is something I've thought about in the past, and presently, for my own relationship. It is also something that was attempted in relationships past with a few Significant Others with little success. But, we were young and hardly experts at a conventional relationship, which can be a struggle in itself at that age, so looking back it was clearly doomed from the get go.

On the other hand we were serious about making it work and would have benefitted from having some kind of a guide to look to. I don't know if "Opening Up: A Guide..." is the answer now, or would have been then, but it looks to me to be a great starting point.

The author of "Opening Up: A Guide..." will be speaking at the bookstore where I found her book, :smile: this Thursday. What a surprise !! It was mentioned in the Sunday paper, so I'll try to make it there if I can. It should be interesting.

Kinkish1

4. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    10:14 PM
    Wow... that would be really great! I'd be interested to see what other people's opinions are, and whether or not it's really busy at the bookstore that day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice