Sentinel

Discussion in 'Chastity device reviews' started by leopardspots63, Nov 15, 2008.

1. leopardspots63

leopardspots63 Junior Member

Local Time:
    8:27 AM
    Has anyone tried the Sentinel device? I've got a CB3000 and it fits well and works fine. But, the Sentinel just smacks of no fooling around locked up. I'll admit the plastic devices have their advantages like being transparent, light and easy to travel with. I like the heft of testicle weights and the Sentinel looks like it would be a nice addition to my toy collection.

2. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    I really like the look of the Sentinel, so if anyone can give us a review, I'd be very pleased.

3. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

retired academic/consultant
    UK
    Local Time:
    Sentinel: first impessions from a novice at chastity play

Well I'm totally new to chastity play but got a Sentinel as we both thought it looked good! I have copied below what I wrote about it on the Lovehoney forum:-

Well, I had an over-night trial of the Sentinel and I think the right word is 'interesting'. The initial impression is that it is extremely heavy the cage and ring together weigh just over 300g which I calculate is about the weight of a big, fully erect penis so it has the effect of about doubling the weight of you gear. We went for the Sentinel having read that it was a design well suited for un-circumcised men. It's also aesthetically pleasing. I had erred on the side of caution on measuring for the ring (50mm) as I didn't want to cut off the blood supply but found the escape was too readily possible by the simple expedient of one ball escaping followed shortly by its partner. I had anticipated this and had already worked out how to reduce the bore of the ring by 5mm using some plastic strip and self amalgamating rubber tape. This certainly stopped the escape and didn't cause my bits to go blue and drop off but my guess is the ring size is critical. It would not take much more to make it too tight. I'll experiment with this and report later.

Getting it on was a hoot. Being a hinged ring it's easy to get it positioned behind the scrotum but it takes a little time to get flesh and hair out of the closing gaps. By this time of course my nice flaccid state has become transformed into a modest boner that makes getting the cage on tricky. However, as the cage is tapered I manage with the aid of some silicone lube. A moment later and I'm clicked in and my wife is trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) not to laugh.

Anyway, I found the whole thing quite comfortable although when lying down the weight needs supporting. Luckily I can sleep happily on my side with my legs bent and this supported it fine. As expected I woke up when I got the first night-time erection. This is not unusual as, since we have been into regular pegging I find I get really intense nocturnal 'woodies' that wake me. However this time the sensation is rather different! The device does not stop the erection I doubt anything can but the end of my penis was rather firmly jammed into the end of the cage with the ring pulled half way down the shaft taking my testicles with it. This was not actually painful or at least not enough to distract me from the pleasurable sensation the cage was providing to the head of my penis. I went for a pee and a splash of cold water and this seemed to take the edge off my erection but it didn't exactly go away. I then spent an interesting time trying to get back to sleep and going through a little cycle:-

Erection increases.

Gradual sliding of penis into cage make for a delightful sensation speeding and intensifying erection.

Erection reaches peak.

Sting in scrotum takes over as dominant sensation.

Erection decreases.

Gradual sliding of penis out of cage produces a sudden very pleasant sensation that despite my willing otherwise causes erection to increase again (I'm sure the cage design is responsible for this as one of the rings of the cage is well placed to press and rub on the glans).

Repeat until I finally fall asleep.

The amount of precum that accompanied the morning pee suggests I spent a lot of the night being stimulated by the device.

Having made some adjustments I have also worn it to work. It was comfortable and not too distracting except for when my lovely wife, bless her, came and gave me a lingering kiss and set off a few loops of the aforementioned stiffy cycle. I got my own back when she finally released me in the evening as she was obviously extremely aroused herself. A toy for the man's jewels and the woman's brain perhaps?

I should perhaps at this point mention that the design is not perfect. There is a wonderfully painful pinch-point between the ring and the cage that lovingly grabs hold of a bit if skin when the cage is pulled down (I have the blood-blisters to prove it). This has been simply cured by sliding a suitable small O-ring over the post on the top of the cage before the cage is fitted. This simply keeps flesh out of the pinch point. I would know if this was not working have you ever pinched a blood blister on your cock between two bits of metal? Well, it unbelievably painful!

I have been further improving the Sentinel. I realised that both the pinch problem and a certain loss of security are caused by the mortice in the cage being slightly too big for the split tenon at the top of the ring. This allows the cage to move relative to the ring. I simply added an aluminium shim inside the mortice to make them a good fit and take out this movement. It means the gap between the ring and cage can't be opened up by pulling the cage up and this certainly increases the security. I don't think I could escape now even with the ring bore at 50mm.

I'll keep you posted with my progress!

4. Mistress Watchful

Mistress Watchful Dont believe the hype ;oP

Professional Dominatrix
    Basingstoke
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    gyrator, thank you for such a wonderful review! :animal0008:

5. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

UK
    Local Time:
    A minor update

I have now worn it for a few days with the 45mm ring. If anything the cage is an even looser fit to this ring than on the 50mm ring. However, with this smaller ring the device is secure. Perhaps the design is intended to exploit the fact that an opening ring allows a tighter fit to be used than can readily be fitted with a solid ring. This, combined with the width of the ring seems to ensure security even with such a large clearance between the ring and the cage.

My impression is that the smaller ring makes it slightly more difficult to get rid of an erection because it constricts the veins of the penis more than the larger ring. However, I think the reduced pressure on the front of the scrotum from having a bigger gap between the ring and cage make for an overall more comfortable fit. I may simply be that I'm getting more used to it anyway.

Two little tips that may apply to other devices: pressing down on the ring seems to free up the urethra and make urination easier. Conversely, pushing the ring upwards seems to reduce the constriction of the veins on the top (dorsal aspect) of the penis and help any erection subside. These are especially handy when trying to deal with the nigh-time erections.

As mentioned before I use an 'O' ring slipped over the fitting on the cage as a way of preventing the pinching. The ring has a cross-section of about 5mm and I have discovered that the 'O' ring also presses up on the shackle of the lock and reduces the noise of the lock hitting against the cage.

I have continued to wear it at work and I'm sure no one is going to notice it. It would be good to design a neater locking device as the padlock is about the only thing that might show under clothes. Also, without the lock in the way my wife would be able to ride the cage which we both think would be quite diverting!

6. Mark121

Mark121 Nobody of consequence

Local Time:
    4:27 AM
    gyrator: Thank you for the in-depth review of the Sentinel. I currently own a CB3K, but would like to get something more "heavy duty" some day, and the Sentinel looks like a strong contender.

Had you used a CB-2/3/6K before trying the Sentinel? The hinge at the bottom of the CB3K ring is a source of irritation for some people. Have you had any problems, except for the pinching you describe, related to the hinge or ring?

7. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

UK
    Local Time:
    Hi Mark

Unfortunately I have no experience of any other device so I don't have any benchmark to compare it with. The hinge part of the ring is quite large which is good and bad. The large size means it occupies a fair bit of space and during the day I wear fairly close-fitting underwear to hold everything in close and out of sight so I'm aware of the bottom of the ring although I'm more aware of the lower edge of the cage pressing back. The well-rounded nature of the ring means it does not dig in. The radius of the back of the cage is smaller and I guess this is why it is more noticeable.

The ring does have gaps at the bottom into which skin can get trapped, usually while trying to close the ring. I have had skin get pulled into these gaps a couple of times which is uncomfortable but it hasn't happened recently so perhaps its not going to be a problem. I have some soft heat-shrink sleeving that I could put over the hinge area which might help in this area anyway but I guess its a measure of how little trouble I have had that I simple haven't bothered to fit it.

8. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

UK
    Local Time:
    I got around to shimming the fit of the cage on the 45mm ring so that the cage does not move relative to the ring and is held at the angle I think the designer intended. This is a significant improvement, not just because it prevents the pinching even without the O-ring but also because it makes the whole thing a snug but comfortable fit. The cage sits further on the penis so that the head sits all the way into the end of the cage even when I'm at my most relaxed. Like this the bars of the cage sit just behind the glans and locate the head and provide continuous mild stimulation. Perhaps the slight arousal this causes is why the whole thing seems quite inescapable.

After just 24 hours enclosure I found on being released that I became extremely hard and very sensitive which we both enjoyed considerably.

Vancitycpl likes this.
  9. chastitycuckold

chastitycuckold Senior Member

whip Maker...Flogger Maker
    UK
    Home Page:
    Local Time:
    CHROME Is that not dangerous in itself????

10. gyrator53

gyrator53 Member

UK
    Local Time:
    Well, chrome is a fairly unreactive metal and is a significant constituent of most if not all types of stainless steel. I understand that the most common source of chrome ingested by humans comes from yellow road marking!

11. b00nta

b00nta Junior Member

Local Time:
    4:27 PM
    I think I might need help. I find that the cage of the sentinel is not big enough to get into. Are there any suggestions??

12. leopardspots63

leopardspots63 Junior Member

Local Time:
    To lube me is to love me

Just a little dab of silicone based lube on your cock and you"ll slide right in.
    It will also help if the back ring is pinching.
    Don't use glycerine, spit, ky, hand lotion or petroleum jelly. They"ll just get sticky and uncomfortable.
    The silicone is really good for your skin and leaves it silky smooth.

Enjoy.

13. Pyrowolve

Pyrowolve New member

Local Time:
    Hi so i just recently bought a sentinel with 50mm ring and i was wondering how you modified yours to prevent pinching and to make it stop falling off. I read your Ideas but i dont understand what exactly you did with the o-ring and what size it is? And where could i purchase the tape you mentioned? And i couldnt have stated that review any better myself. I love wearing my device but it always falls off and my keyholder wishes to lock me up but shes upset because it doesnt fit me exactly and it slips down as i walk around. So she cant lock me up until i fix this. So please help. :)

Vancitycpl likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice