Self Lockers... How much would you pay....?

Discussion in 'Chastity device discussions and reviews' started by cockislocked, Apr 1, 2010.

?

Is $500.00 too much?

1. Yeah way too much

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. Worth every penny to be true to myself

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. cockislocked

cockislocked Senior Member

Local Time:
    3:17 PM
    Self Lockimng is a subject that has fascinated me... mainly because i know i just could not do it. i was on another thread and 'Sarah' posted that you can buy a device for $500.00 that is internet controlled as a key safe...

This seems really expensive, so i wanted to see if self lockers are that motivated they would do that

regards all

2. Joroincharge

Joroincharge Lock em up - 24/7/365!!

England
    Local Time:
    Not voting myself, being KH, but interested to see the results...

3. spuppy

spuppy Junior Member

Local Time:
    cheap lock box maybe to cheap ?

It has always been the fact that if you have not got a keyholder then you needed something else to stop you cheating, i did see on fleabay a small plastic keybox that once you shut it down then the only way to get the key out was to smash it to bits, so it would cost you the price of the box to get out, it was about $10, to some people they would not like to keep throwing away $10 but to others it is nothing, how much does the cost become where you say "dont want to break into it as it costs me !
    I have built timer safes and a few other things and was working on an internet controlled device to lock a key up, there are ways and means to doing this but you need to have a bit of electronic skills behind you to do them, one of the easy ways is to buy a small electronic safe and then rewire it to suit a usb board that can be then controlled via the net but this will then cost you $100 - $200 to do this. i have voted that $500 is way to much :)

4. icarus_101

icarus_101 Babygirl

Local Time:
    As I posted in my review of the KeySafe, if you can weild a soldering iron, you can get a fully function internet controlled keysafe for about 200 bucks, less if you are a dabbler and have some scrap stuff hanging about - maybe under 100 bucks.

Is that much to pay to really be not in control? Isn't they every chasties dream?

I am making, as a project, a far more sophisicated version - even though I have a fully working keysafe already.

If I was to sell it, I would be looking at about 750 bucks.. and that is a lot!

Why bother, I hear you ask.

a) I love programming and dabbling in electronics.
    b) I think the manufactored KeySafe is missing out on a lot of cool features I would want to see in a key safe.
    Mine is fully autominous - has its own web server and email functionality.
    Mine has a 3" touch sensitive screen which allows the box to display (or not - at the whim of the keyholder) features like,
    1) Chastity contract
    2) Teasing remarks
    3) Countdown timer until next unlock
    4) Emergency unlock codes
    5) About to load assignments - like picture proof of tasks, stories and so to it's web function so the keyholder can remote manage the subbie

It can operate connected to the safe or not... although you need to connect it to actually open the safe - obviously.

But most of all, I don't have to rely on a web site that could disappear at any moment and it's a fun challenge, even if I never actually finish it.

but back to the question of "How much would you pay?"

Being locked up and out of control is a hobby I enjoy.

Consider you hobbies and how much you pay per year on them. Is it not really the same?

A friend is an avid football (soccerr) follower and he spends many 1000s of bucks over the year, following his team about the country and watching them play football. I personally think he's nuts but he has balanced how much he pays out for the enjoyment he gets back.

Using that as a basis of evaluation, now how much would you pay?

5. spaiii

spaiii slave prince albert

Local Time:
    5:17 AM
    I love the Idea of a USB computer Internet interface. The remote KH possibilities run through ones mind; and although 500.00 is quite a lot of coin

If it was very high quality & very secure.
    Just the price would be another deterrent to breaking into it

Ive done the time lock program with a Key lock box from home depot, the problem is unless one has to answer to a KH for breaking into the box It really is much to easy to drill the lock box
    Something a self-locker may think twice about if he had spend 5 bills on it vs. say 25/30 bucks for a key lock box

Can a kink cost too much? hmmmm

I say if you can come up with the money go for it

Alliteratively for $165.00 lockedforher lists a time locked box link on the web site home page that leads you to eBay link here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Time-Lock-Box-C...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5bb41c6a

6. lightbulb

lightbulb New member

Local Time:
    8:17 AM
    Hi,
    I am new here but thought I would share my experience.

I spent around $110 to build a device like this. Essentially I took a digital keysafe, hacked it with a microcontroller and wrote a program to talk to a website to get the lock/unlock data.

It might be interesting to sell the device but it sounds like many are building the same thing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice