Fancy-Steel knock-offs

Discussion in 'Chinese devices' started by zbovka, May 5, 2018.

1. zbovka

zbovka Design Enthusiast

Local Time:
    7:04 PM
    Has anyone tried the chinese series? I plan on finding something that I can wear long term, rather than about security.

The cheapest one thas has been sold that I can see on the net with a rear opening is this one

Feedback doesn't show much about it other than that it includes silicone lining for the wires, which is helpful.

My concerns about it are:
    -Does the wire cause any long term pain (with/without the lining)
    -Does the weird configuration of the waist plates cause any back pain or the alike?
    -Does the butt hole tubes have a tendancy to twist? (e.g. one bar goes down, one bar goes up with prolongued wearing, my body isn't symmetrical)
    -Any tailbone area skin problems?
    -What grade of stainless steel is it? Does it cause nickel allergies? (I noticed I had nickel allergies on the rear locking plate of the cheapo rigid type (~45 usd or less if you know where to look) but I was fine with the stainless steel parts of the belt. The central locking hourglass-shaped "pin" that stuck out was basically just regular iron-carbon alloy with nickle coating, although the rest of the rear back plating seemed to be some form of stainless steel. It however nevertheless still rusted out and caused nickle medical damage to my skin that would last about a week or two. I evenetually solved the problem with the rear plate by taping it since it was pretty rectangular and easy to tape over.

2. Mervy

Mervy New member

Local Time:
    7:04 AM
    I bought it and ended up throwing it out. I actually liked the plates and the belt it's self. Did not like the cable or the front part. Found it to be to big and bulky. Thinking of going something along the lines of the picture attached:

However based on the history of my buying, worried my little guy might get cut up due to the poor welds that always seem to accompany these device's.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice