PA hook modification

Discussion in 'Difficulties with wearing a device?' started by travel joe, Oct 17, 2021.

1. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    9:00 AM
    Howdy CM.

I hope this thread finds everyone in good health. I was hoping someone on here might help with a query I've got regarding the PA Hook on my cage. I'm currently in a Steel rigid model 1 (http://rigidchastity.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=65&product_id=53) with a PA. When the cage was made I asked advice from the piercing studio that originally pierced me (thankfully they are kink friendly and have a LOT of experience). The studio suggested the hook be more like a right angle (obviously not sharp but closer to 90 degrees than not) as the previous cage I had from rigid (and thus PA hook) was quite narrow.

Fast forward to today and I've noticed some irritation related to the hook and I think it's related to the shape based on where and how I feel the irritation. So, I'm thinking the hook is a little TOO close to 90 degrees and needs to be bent a little.

So onto my question - does anyone with metalworking experience have any ideas or suggestions on how I can go about decreasing the angle of the bend in my PA hook and what would be involved? I am very handy, though I have no experience with metal. The hook is a 4 gauge so relatively thick and thus hard/impossible to bend without tools. I've gone so far as to consider taking a blacksmith course just so I can adjust this myself (and get access to the right tools) but that may very well be a wild pipe dream based the skill required. I am also concerned about maintaining the finish and not creating imperfections as I'm told ANY imperfection will cause irritation.

I would greatly value any feedback with anyone familiar with the subject.

Thanks and stay safe and healthy everyone.

2. madams-sissysub

nurse
    uk (west mids)
    Local Time:
    10:00 PM
    In no expert in metal working but I would be very cautious in trying to modifying any of your self that has to be internal. Without the proper expertise you could cause damage to the finish that could cause even more irritation or damage to you.

3. Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit I'm her bunny

USA
    Local Time:
    6:00 PM
    You have good instincts.
    “I am also concerned about maintaining the finish and not creating imperfections as I'm told ANY imperfection will cause irritation.”

This is entirely true. I’ve buggered up PA jewelry with ring pliers. Even the slightest defect in the high polish finish caused me discomfort.

What you want to learn is polishing out the imperfections you’ll cause. Look up jewelry making and polishing. Be diligent and try to regain the jewelry grade polish.

I’ve used a vice and tools to bend a cage base ring to open up the gap a little. But I didn’t follow the instructions because I’m impatient, and I marked up the finish. I could try and dig those up. But I never tried to modify a PA pin bend radius.

I agree with your assessment. I’ve worn Prince’s Wands and I find the 90 angle far less comfortable than the more gently curved PA pin my Contender and GlansArmor2 uses. Curved barbells are common for PA jewelry. So those are good references to expect comfort.

4. travel joe

travel joe Active member

Melbourne Australia
    Local Time:
    9:00 AM
    Really valid points. Thanks for the sense check and advice :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice